Fun “board” games for 4 people

mrudman

DIS Veteran
I’m trying to find some really fun games that I can take on a trip that we can play during the down times in the evenings. It’ll be me (adult), an 18 yo, and two 16 year olds, so nothing too raunchy. Thanks for any suggestions!

Sketch It
Heads Up (the app works just as well)
Apples to Apples
Rummikub
Bananagrams
Catan

Ask the kids, honestly. To me, "board" games is short for boooooooring. Not a fan. If the kids aren't interested, you may be better spent doing something else. Just food for thought. If they like them, great, but just be sure.

I don't know how deep you want to get into this and/or buy new games, but two of my favorites recently are Don't Mess with Cthulhu and Cursed Court. They are both bluffing-style games. Cthulhu is simpler and a quicker game, and Cursed Court has a clever betting mechanic on the bluffing. Both are good with 4 players.

Apples to Apples is a lot of fun too and can be picked up just about anywhere.

My family loves board games -- we always take one on a trip. Settlers of Catan is our recent favorite. Bananagrams is fun and quick and easy to pack.

These are a few of our favorites
Yahtzee
Uno
Pass the Pigs
Left Center Right
What Do You Meme
Settlers of Catan
Apples to Apples
Man Bites Dog

We like card games (in part because they're more travel friendly). SkipBo, Phase 10, spades..

I don't know how deep you want to get into this and/or buy new games, but two of my favorites recently are Don't Mess with Cthulhu and Cursed Court. They are both bluffing-style games. Cthulhu is simpler and a quicker game, and Cursed Court has a clever betting mechanic on the bluffing. Both are good with 4 players.

Apples to Apples is a lot of fun too and can be picked up just about anywhere.
I feel like Apples to Apples is much more of a party game and is a lot less fun when you have any amount less than 6 players but YMMV.

Heads Up is our family go to while standing in lines at Disney or else I would add it here!

Left Right Center and Pass the Pigs are nice because they are easily portable...

Catch Phrase is also fun..

Scattegorries is an oldy but goodie as well.

I think that my family would play cards before board games on vacation and are also easy to take with you ...hearts, spades, gin rummy come to mind..

Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride for board games

Also, we bring regular decks of cards and play Spades, Rummy, and Crazy Eights. And solitaire, cause sometimes you just need some alone time!

ETA: Also, Yahtzee.

I got my son Rollers for Christmas and it’s my new favorite game! Yahtzee-ish but with a little more strategy.

We love Apples to Apples, but you really need at least 5 people.

You can buy escape room games that might be fun if your family is into that kind of thing. We love them, but we're all geeks.

We have a recent version of Trivial Pursuit that we played over Christmas--we played in teams, since there are 6 of us. The team of DD23/DS21 ties with the team of Mom/DS12. Unfortunately, DD15 was paired with her father--they got left in the dust. Not that we're competitive or anything.

If it's a trip to WDW, splurging for a Disney version of Sorry or Monopoly might be fun.

Wits & Wagers. Just learned it this weekend actually, only takes about 5 mins to learn & we quite enjoyed it.

We play a lot of team Scrabble. Teams will pick a subject(Such as Disney Rides)and the entire game is based on that. A cast member at FW is who gave us the idea and it stuck. On our last cruise we had a huge group on the pool deck involved. Trying to come up with sea creatures was quite interesting. We also never go on vacation without a deck of cards. They pack easy and can be played so many different ways. Try building a house of cards on a ship deck....not an easy task. Have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter