Fun “board” games for 4 people

If you like short, fast, social deduction & deception games, I recommend One Night Ultimate Werewolf.

If you like team-based word games with a twist, I recommend Codenames.

If you like longer (2 to 3 hours), varied, story-based / exploration-based board games with a sci-fi/horror spin, I recommend Betrayal at House on the Hill.

If you like board games less about directly attacking other players and more about your own personal journey in the game, I recommend Tokaido.

And lastly, if you're looking to :drinking1and have a good time, I recommend Red Dragon Inn. (Based on ages, clearly not for your group, but had to include it anyway! It's a constant favorite of my group!)

All five of the above games are ones I've played on multiple occasions, and I enjoy them pretty much every single time. But based on your group, Codenames and Betrayal might be the two I would lean toward (One Night Ultimate is best in groups of 5 to 7, I've found). For more compact card-based games, I also recommend Sushi Go! as it's easy to learn, pick up, and play.

If you like short, fast, social deduction & deception games, I recommend One Night Ultimate Werewolf.

If you like longer (2 to 3 hours), varied, story-based / exploration-based board games with a sci-fi/horror spin, I recommend Betrayal at House on the Hill.

If you like board games less about directly attacking other players and more about your own personal journey in the game, I recommend Tokaido.

And lastly, if you're looking to :drinking1and have a good time, I recommend Red Dragon Inn. (Based on ages, clearly not for your group, but had to include it anyway! It's a constant favorite of my group!)

All five of the above games are ones I've played on multiple occasions, and I enjoy them pretty much every single time. But based on your group, Codenames and Betrayal might be the two I would lean toward (One Night Ultimate is best in groups of 5 to 7, I've found). For more compact card-based games, I also recommend Sushi Go! as it's easy to learn, pick up, and play.
Betrayal is a favorite in our household, but is also usually better with more players 4 is probably the minimum for the game to be fun.
To add to this, I'd say that you'd need to get a version of Codenames that is Duet like Duet or Harry Potter or else it also needs more than 4 to be fun.

For a tiny game that's easy to pack any variation of Love Letter (there's about 10 or so now depending on your nerd needs) is something we take on trips.

we love the Harry Potter Battle for Hogwarts game! Super fun deck building so changes every game and popular with kids and adults

OP here... sorry its taken me so long to reply.

Thanks so much everyone for all the suggestions! Will definitely be looking most of these up, even for beyond this trip... and there's several that many of you recommended.. will definitely be taking a close look at those.

Thanks again!

My kids like to play Pitch, and another we play goes by lots of different names....I will call it Poo on Your Neighbor. Similar to Phase Ten but played with regular deck of cards. Three decks used.

I'll second Tokaido. It's a beautiful game. My current favorite is Azul. Arboretum is nice and pretty compact for traveling.

My DDs got the game Bellz for Christmas. It's a simple game- use a wand shaped magnet to only pick up your chosen color bell. The game area zips up and all bells and the magnet are contained in a small pouch. Great for travelling. Easy for young kids and quick rounds- about 10-15 minutes.

We recently played the Disney version of Codenames and it was so fun!

OP, I'd also recommend Double Ditto....it's similar to Scattergories, but instead of trying to come up with unique words, you try to answer with words you think others would say.

Our current favorite is Utter Nonsense. As far as I know, Target is the only one who carries it. There are hundreds of funny phrases on cards. Then an accent/character card is turned over. Everyone picks a card from their hand and then takes turns reciting it in the accent/character from that round. There’s a judge (changes each round) and the funniest one wins. Similar to Apples to Apples. My whole family enjoys it- adults, teenagers, 5 & 7 yr old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter