Fun “board” games for 4 people

My family loves Happy Salmon and Left Center Right. They both require little thinking and a single game goes pretty quickly so you can play multiple times.

For those that like bluffing games, Secret Hilter is good - another is The Resistance.

For a simple train game, TransAmerica.

Zombie Dice is simple and very packable

For those that like bluffing games, Secret Hilter is good - another is The Resistance.

For a simple train game, TransAmerica.

Zombie Dice is simple and very packable

In Secret Hitler, I get accused of some things that are very hurtful.

It's a good game.

Our favorite is Bananagrams! We played Pop Culture Trivia (Amazon) on a family trip and had a ton of fun with it.

For those that suggested "Ticket to Ride," is it enjoyable to play with 2 people? Wondering if it'd be fun for just DH and me to play.

We LOVE the card game Monopoly Deal, it is just the best. It shifts and moves so quickly and it takes about 20 mins to play a round. Totally addictive!

4/5 of my family love family game nights, we force the other one. lol
our favorites perpetual commotion, Carcassonne.
Card games [easy to pack]: Quiddler, Sushi Go, Applles to Apples, Fluxx.
We also like playing Hearts and Oh Heck so just pack a couple decks of cards.
honorable mentions: balderdash, telestrations

2 player only mastermind

slightly younger Make n Break
Easy and portable spot it. We always brought it when kids were younger to dinner, etc.

gonna try out some of the suggestions.

We have 2 card games that we take on vacations that both my boys (20 and 14) still like to play. The first is Cover Your Assets and the other is Bohnanza. I just bought Skull King (by the same place that makes Cover Your Asets but we haven’t played it yet). It’s supposed to be fun as well and being that these are all card games, they don’t take up too much room.

Sorry this is a late post, but the thread is loaded with great ideas for this Christmas.... One of the games growing in popularity is Catan!!!!

Perfect idea to start a game night and make the house a "no cell phone" environment for a couple of hours.

In Catan, players are recent immigrants to the newly populated island of Catan. Expand your colony through the building of settlements, roads, and villages by harvesting commodities from the land around you. Trade for a settlement, bricks and wood for a road, or try other combinations. Trade with other players, or at local seaports to get resources you might lack. The first player to achieve 10 points from a combination of roads, settlements, and special cards wins!
Game: Settlers of Catan
Recommended age: 10+ Years

We recently picked up Codenames Disney version and played it after Thanksgiving with the family in honor of our upcoming trip. It's great because you can have as many players as you want, since it's 2 teams of any size. We played with 12 people several rounds and then a few rounds with just 6. Equally enjoyable.

(We also played a new game called Throw Throw Burrito which was awesome and hilarious but probably not great for a travel game. And one of my MIL's knicknacks got broken in some of the ruckus. Oops.)

Blokus - I feel like it's best played with four people. We also like Wits and Wagers, Monopoly Versions (we have Christmasopoly, Nation Parkopoly and of course, Disneyopoly), Bounce, Scattegories and my DD21 and DS19 STILL love Speak Out.

One of our Christmas Eve traditions is opening a new family board game and playing it - this year I am buying Concept.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!