fun counter lunch places at Epcot for 3 year old?

I'm not sure I'd describe any of them as "fun" really, but my kids really like Liberty Inn at the America Pavilion. Certain times of the year when they have concerts we'll sit outside and listen to the music, but they do have indoor seating as well.

Theres nothing really "fun" about counter service locations. Different locations/lands in the park may have entertainment or something nearby but it's not like what you would get at like say with the music at Biergarten or the Belly Dance at Marrakesh.

My advice would be to pick your favorite menu and then seek out the entertainment.

Preferably indoor seating?
A 3 y.o. child typically prefers fast-food style situations to sit-down meals.

Sunshine Seasons is not-your-typical cafeteria. Our young child loved the place (now she wants lamb chops or nuggets:confused3)

Go before the crowds - let's say you plan to arrive 11am'ish for start of hot lunch food - after visiting either or both Living Seas with Nemo ride & Turtle Talk Crush show with the 3 y.o.; maybe even Living with the Land in the same building as Sunshine Seasons. Mickey meet-n-greet is at building nearby too.

You can also stroll World Showcase (amongst the most boring things for a 3 y.o. child - KidCot is your friend) and eat along the way. Some places have outdoor kiosks, some places have both 'fast food' & sitdown places. We all have favorites and favorite combinations that work into our other dining plans. My family is partial to France for the ice cream shop, wine & Champagne shop, and the shop with both savory & sweet options. There is limited spacing inside Les Halles (the sweet & savory shop), but seats should be available before lunch gets into full-gear after 11:30am.

It's basically things that Epcot created for kids to do while their parents walked around the world. Its nothing "official".

I guess it depends on your kid and what they eat. Mine loved Morocco's quick service at 4, but he's a more adventurous eater than most. Sometimes with a little, snacking your way through the World Showcase works too!

Tangerine café in Morocco is really good.

La Cantina de San Angel is also very good, and for lunch only, you can bring your food into La Hacienda to eat in air conditioning (la hacienda is open for dinner at TS).

Sunshine Seasons has lots of food choices which may appeal to your little one. Another place with indoor seating is the Electric Umbrella. Nothing special, but it is inside. :)

Definitely Sunshine Seasons inside The Land pavilion. They have a good variety: Asian noodles, grilled meats, sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts. There's also a lot to look at while eating, like the balloons overhead.

I recommend Katsura Grill in Japan. You can eat inside or out, but the outdoor terrace is beautiful and relaxing.

The koi pond and gardens are close by which kids enjoy seeing. If you're there while the drummers are playing, that's fun for them too. Plus the department store has great toys for kids including Pokémon.

From the International Gateway you can walk, or enjoy a short boat ride to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club resort. Kid friendly menu, awesome sundaes. It's such a cute little place, and a nice break from the park. Just be sure to have an ADR, it's super popular. Not a counter service, but prices aren't bad, and meals can be shared.

A 3 y.o. child typically prefers fast-food style situations to sit-down meals.

Sunshine Seasons is not-your-typical cafeteria. Our young child loved the place (now she wants lamb chops or nuggets:confused3)

Go before the crowds - let's say you plan to arrive 11am'ish for start of hot lunch food - after visiting either or both Living Seas with Nemo ride & Turtle Talk Crush show with the 3 y.o.; maybe even Living with the Land in the same building as Sunshine Seasons. Mickey meet-n-greet is at building nearby too.

You can also stroll World Showcase (amongst the most boring things for a 3 y.o. child - KidCot is your friend) and eat along the way. Some places have outdoor kiosks, some places have both 'fast food' & sitdown places. We all have favorites and favorite combinations that work into our other dining plans. My family is partial to France for the ice cream shop, wine & Champagne shop, and the shop with both savory & sweet options. There is limited spacing inside Les Halles (the sweet & savory shop), but seats should be available before lunch gets into full-gear after 11:30am.
My kids loved world showcase at 3. We got the time guide for the performers and watched them all. The acrobats in China were a favorite and we saw them multiple times. We let them snack through the countries instead of eating a real meal. They tasted something from most of the countries and split an ice cream from the outpost after playing the drums for a bit. Don't discount world showcase for young kids, whether for food or entertainment.

I want to add that my kids loved the kakigori snow cones in Japan.

Those were a big treat because they were unlike anything we could get at home.

I want to add that my kids loved the kakigori snow cones in Japan.

Those were a big treat because they were unlike anything we could get at home.
My DS loved the kakigori too! They're so good! And quite refreshing in the heat. :)

Although Sunshine Seasons is quite good, I wouldn't exactly call it fun for a 3 yr old (although i cant think of any QS thats fun). Sunshine Seasons is so packed ALL THE TIME. The place is pretty big too. If its just you and your 3 yr old, you might have a hard time juggling your tot, plus the food, plus looking for a place to sit.

My kids loved world showcase at 3. We got the time guide for the performers and watched them all. The acrobats in China were a favorite and we saw them multiple times. We let them snack through the countries instead of eating a real meal. They tasted something from most of the countries and split an ice cream from the outpost after playing the drums for a bit. Don't discount world showcase for young kids, whether for food or entertainment.
I agree...its so much fun watching the performers. Japan (drums), China (acrobats), France (chair stackers/climbers), and Italy all put on a great show!

Ya'see - so many different ways to tour Disney.

I like your plan too.

We tried it during Flower & Garden Festival a few times, since my wife very much enjoys going during this time.

Kinda' worked. But our child was far more interested in Kidcot-coloring than the performers.

But we certainly enjoy grazing around the World Showcase. France is our favorite with the savory (& sweet) at Les Halles, ice cream at L'Artisan, and Champagne at the wine shop - all in the same alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter