Fun place for cocktails?

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
Where's a fun place where my DH and I can have a cocktail and the kids can have Shirley Temples?

I love the cocktails at the Poly! Where are you staying? It's always fun to get a cocktail by the pool bar, if you have one!

We've visited several of the lounges, etc., at Walt Disney World. Outside of the Rose and Crown Pub, we like the Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lounge. They have some of the best appetizers, the atmosphere is very light, and there are always some families there having a good time. :D

I recommend the following lounges --
The Tabu Lounge at the Poly
Territory Lounge at WL
The Outer Rim at the CR

At the Parks -- Rose/Crown in UK, The Prime Time 50's Lounge

The Garden View Tea Room at the Grand Floridian is a great place to temporarily unwind for an hour. Since it's only a monorail ride from MK or Epcot, we always take a break around 4pm and this is denifitely the place to do it. Watched the Kentucky Derby there last year and the place was jumping, I'll never forget it.

Another vote for the Tambu Lounge at the Poly. Love the atmosphere, and the drinks are good too.
If you have sports fans in your family, ESPN is a fun place and you can get some good appetizers(or meals) while you have your drinks.

We will be at the BWI for part of our stay. Any suggestions for there?

The Bellevue Lounge at the Boardwalk Inn has a great single-malt scotch collection. I love it; its ambience reminds me a lot of my beloved Mizner's at the GF (another great place, btw)

I'll also second the Outer Rim Lounge as a good place for a cocktail. It and the Tambu Lounge are the only regular hotel loungers that open at 1 pm.

I agree 100% with Catheren. We've been to all those lounges and we will be at them again this week when we are there.

The Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian, the lounge at 50's Prime Time Cafe, the Outer Rim at the Contemporary and the bar at Port Orleans Riverside, especially on the nights when the piano man is there!

Our favorites are the Territory Lounge, Victoria Falls (at the AKL) and Mizners at the GF. Should add that the Tambu Lounge is nice, and always lots of kids around due to it's proximity to O'hana.

Port Orleans when the piano guy (I think its bob) plays. While it kind of drove me crazy - there were plenty of families with young children having a ball for themselves.

Victoria Falls at AKL is great. It's nice to sit up there and look over the restaurants below.

I also like the Crew's Cup at YC. When we are staying at YC, my older daughter and I often end the evening by stopping there for a drink after watching the fireworks at Epcot.

My personal favorite is the Territory Lounge at WL...but if you are staying at the Boardwalk then the Bellevue Lounge is quite nice...

I love Rose & Crown, the Crew's Cup at the YC, the Bellevue Room at BWI.

This time, I want to try out the Dawa Bar in the Animal Kingdom park. Anyone tried it before? I'm curious.....and I'll be there in a week!

Yipee!! :Pinkbounc

Yikes!! The Crews Cup.How did I forget that??
Best beer selection (tho that isn't saying much) on property.

The Territory Lounge is great. Good wait staff.
In the parks Rose and Crown absolutely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter