FW Photopass share :

terri01p

DIS Veteran
I have seen on the budget board for a long time now that they are doing a photopass share. Does anyone know what this is ? Someone asked that question over there but the only person to reply was me :rolleyes:

I am very curious about this and was wondering if maybe we shouldn't do something like this, but I would have to know what it really is first :rolleyes1 anyone have a clue ? TIA

What I "think" it is, is when two or more families get together and use the same photopass within a short time period, then order 1 CD and split the cost.

It doesn't matter how many pictures you have (up to the limits of the CD), the CD costs the same.

Example, family #1 starts their vacation May 1st and stays till May 10th using a Photopass for as many pictures as they can. On May 10th, they hand family #2 the Photopass card, and their share of the cost of the Photopass CD. Family #2 uses the Photopass card for as many pictures as they can till May 15th. It can even be done a 3rd and 4th time as long as it is within the 30-45 day window of the pictures expiring.

Then the last family when they get home, orders the Photopass CD. When it comes in, they burn off the pictures that are not their family and forward them to the other folks through CDs, Photobucket, email, etc.

Oh wow really, that almost sounds illegal...heehee. So that means you have pictures of families that you don't know and have to get their pictures to them whenever you get home. :tilt:

All the pics are on the one CD that you order from Disney.

If the pics are uploaded in order you can have 8-10 families share in on the cost and all the pics are in order that way on the CD so the host of the group just takes the original CD and makes copies with only the one families pics on it. You don't get all 8- 10 families pics on your CD.

You don't have to hand over the actual card to the next family. With photopass you can use multiple cards for one order. You just have to make sure that you pass on the photopass card number to the person who organized the share. That one person enters all the card numbers withing 30 days (or however many days Disney gives you) of the date the first card was used and has the CD mailed to them where they then make copies for everyone else.

The CD can also be preordered to save money.

At least this is my understanding of how it works. :)

This is something that I'm very interested in doing on my next trip. Thanks for all the help !

You don't have to hand over the actual card to the next family. With photopass you can use multiple cards for one order. You just have to make sure that you pass on the photopass card number to the person who organized the share. That one person enters all the card numbers withing 30 days (or however many days Disney gives you) of the date the first card was used and has the CD mailed to them where they then make copies for everyone else.

The CD can also be preordered to save money.

At least this is my understanding of how it works. :)

That's cool!! I thought it had to be on the same card.

or, you could just use the photopass, download the pictures off the website and get walgreens to print them....:stir:

:rotfl:

That would be a good trick. i have never been able to figure out how to get the photopass pics for free off their site but if you have any ideas to share...:rolleyes1

If I ever had enough pics on there to justify getting the CD, I would do that and then www.Walmart.com to order the prints. I made a hardcover photobook for my mother for Christmas there for a quarter of the price Disney charges. The nice thing about the CD is you also get the copyright liscence so the stores can't argue with you. Of course I don't think they have any way of knowing if you have the copyright if you order them online rather than through one of the little kiosks in the store.

I did the "print screen" thingy with the photopass...but the pics are AWFUL that way(low-definition)...but its still free!!!!

this is a "stolen from photpass website" pic....
0a82e1e9.jpg

This is as large as you can get them from the website, so if you try to enlarge them...they look like crap. But good enough, considering the cost. I used that one in my siggy.

:rotfl:

That would be a good trick. i have never been able to figure out how to get the photopass pics for free off their site but if you have any ideas to share...:rolleyes1

If I ever had enough pics on there to justify getting the CD, I would do that and then www.Walmart.com to order the prints. I made a hardcover photobook for my mother for Christmas there for a quarter of the price Disney charges. The nice thing about the CD is you also get the copyright liscence so the stores can't argue with you. Of course I don't think they have any way of knowing if you have the copyright if you order them online rather than through one of the little kiosks in the store.

there is a way you can do it...fortunately my dh is a computer programmer, so he said there is an html layer over the jpg...it can be done without a load of effort...if you try to copy and paste, it will give you a white screen...and no, they don't hassle you if you order them online, you wait an extra day and then go pick them up...never had a problem...watch, now the walgreens police will be after me! if you pm me, i can get dh to divulge secrets of the photo pass mystery

add me to the answer of that PM....Id like to know as well.

Copy paste and pm me too please, my photopass pics are gone, but there is something else I would like to do!!! ;)

rog's goin to remind me when we are there for the 4th and we will figure it out..ours expired as well...

I did the "print screen" thingy with the photopass...but the pics are AWFUL that way(low-definition)...but its still free!!!!

this is a "stolen from photpass website" pic....
0a82e1e9.jpg

This is as large as you can get them from the website, so if you try to enlarge them...they look like crap. But good enough, considering the cost. I used that one in my siggy.

Considering the cost that is a GREAT pic! :rotfl:

Oh wow really, that almost sounds illegal...heehee. So that means you have pictures of families that you don't know and have to get their pictures to them whenever you get home. :tilt:

I just "theme park stalk" any given family and "appear" in all their pictures. I don't care about having any copies - but I would like to see the reaction when they realize this crazy fat broad they don't know is in all their pictures!! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts