FYI..Be careful making changes to PS

DisneyEnthusiastic

I love Disney World!!
I just wanted to share an experience I just recently had when making a change to my PS to Hoop Dee Doo. I'll try to make this short. I made a PS for a party of 6. They wanted a credit card to hold the PS (but not charge it unless I didn't show). Anyway, things have changed and now my brother/sis-in-law/niece will be joining us. I called to make the necessary arrangements and was patched through to HDD since my party of 6 has become a group of 9. Spoke to a very helpful CM who made all of my changes without any problems, spent some time asking her advice for Thanksgiving day, etc. Very nice. Anyway, she said since I was now a group that I had to pay 21 days in advance and that a bill would be sent to me since I would probably want to collect the money from the others. My total was now $282 (w/DC discount). Now is where we have a problem. I used my Visa check card to hold the original PS. Not until I received an overdraft notice from the bank did I find out that they charged my card for the entire amount. I called back to WDW to let them know that I was supposed to be billed etc., and they said that since there was a CrCard on file that they automatically billed it. So, they reversed the charge since I was not ready to pay for the reservations yet.(I actually just purchased some passes, so this was not the month to pay for HDD...for those of us on a budget;) )

I was obviously very surprised that they charged the card since the CM told me over and over to just send a check before Nov. 1. So, now I have incurred an overdraft charge:eek: They did reverse the charge without any problem. But I still have the overdraft charge I had to pay. I guess this is a lesson for me! But I wanted to let you all know in case you make any changes like this (since it probably isn't an everyday occurance). I am guessing you would have to ask them to delete the credit card info if they are going to bill you.

Talk to your bank and let them know that the charge was not authorized and was reversed. They may waive the overdraft charge.

Yuck!

We cancelled our HDD PS on the day of the show (but around 6 hours in advance) b/c we did not want to go somewhere we had never been b/c of all the rain that day. there had been horrible storms and we had already been thoroughly soaked once and did not want that to happen again.

We had to speak to several people and jump through hoops just to cancel. And they were going to charge us, but luckily the show was sold out so they did not charge us.

It's never a good idea to use a debit card/check card for anything that you don't intend to pay for immediately. Too many opportunities for things to go wrong. Above is just one example!

I agree. Visa Check Debits are great but be carefull, for the above reason. If it gets charged and you don't have the funds, you could be in big trouble. Not only with the bank but if it had come back refused by the bank, they would have likely cancelled the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter