FYI: Laundry Day at resort Hotels

Baloo2003

Mouseketeer
I thought the following information may be useful to some out there reviewing the boards.

Our trip to Paris, Disneyland Resort, and London,included 12 hotel nights (4 at each location). We knew we were going to need to do laundry mid-trip. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I did my research and knew that only the Sante Fe and Cheyenne Hotels had a laundry room. I planned to visit the Sante Fe Hotel during our stay with our laundry and use the Laundry room they had there. I Put our dirty laundry in a garbage bag inside a duffle bag and had packets of laundry soap.

Little did I know, you have to use your Sante Fe Hotel room key to enter this room that is located in Building 33....by the way.

When we arrived I spoke to Guest Services to ask for a Hotel legend or map to find the laundry room. I explained that I was a guest of the Disneyland Hotel, but they didn't have a laundry room. She showed me the room keys they used which looked different from my Disneyland Hotel room key. She said that she had done this before for a gentleman that once stayed at the New York Hotel. She had to make several phone calls, but finally got approval to let me in. She called a maintainence man to let us in to do laundry.

The room has 2 washers and 2 dryers and a small cafe table and chairs. There was no charge for the use of the machines. One of us stayed with the laundry while the other went to get dinner from the hotel restaurant. I brought the food back to help kill time.

I don't know if this would always work but with that many vacation days it was nice to be able to do laundry mid-trip. I guess it would be hard to refuse the use of the room if you are paying for a more expensive hotel that doesn't have this basic service.

I checked the laundry service the Disneyland Hotel offered, which charged 11 Euros for a man's shirt. A woman's blouse was higher still. Underwear was 6 Euros a pair. It would have been cheaper to buy new clothes.

This really was interesting! Thanks for posting this. We were at the Sequoia lodge last year for 7 nights and I had planned on doing laundry at some point, just assuming it would be available. I was surprised to find out that the SL had no laundry facilities... we luckily had enough packed to get by...

This is one area where Disney service at DLP is not up to the WDW standards. I've stayed at every level of WDW resort and all had similar self-service coin operated washers and dryers, even the Yacht Club which I think is the "top" WDW resort (or is it the GF?)
The best was at the All Stars where the laundry rooms are next to the pool and food courts - you don't have to feel you are taking time off from your vacation for a "home" chore!

I suppose I should be impressed that at Santa Fe the machines are free, though - that's a surprise!

This January we are going for 7 nights again and I am already planning to pack enough to get us through without doing laundry - where as usualy I like to pack light... I don't think I want to spend even an hour of the "magic" sitting at the Santa Fe laundry room!

Thanks again for posting this. Most people go to DLP for short breaks and probably won't even have laundry on their minds, but for those on longer holidays it is important info!

I don't think you need anything to get into the laundry at the Cheyenne hotel.

Also the reason why the other hotels charge a lot for the laundry because they dry clean your clothes instead.

Thanks. Helpful to know this if travelling on to another location.

Regards
Reid :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter