FYI, Wolfgang Puck Cafe no longer...

tkldisney

DIS Veteran
on the dining plan as of 4/1/06. Must not be working well for them or the are losing $$.

I saw this on Deb's newsletter last night and thought, wow, the same day the DVC members officially can use the DDP. Wonder if anyone else will follow. Hopefully our disboad friends who have the DDP for April or afterwards will take note and make the necessary adjustments to their ADRs.

I'm not shocked, Disney pays these restaurants a fixed dollar amount per meal but doesn't really want them to have exclusions or surcharges even for the most expensive menu items.

I hope this doesn't cause some of the WS restaurants to rethink their participation. Restaurants like Le Cellier and Chefs De France are what makes the plan special.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney West Side, will no longer
participate in the Disney Dining Experience effective April 1,

Is this what you are talking about? I didn't see anything that said WPC will no longer participate in the DP, but I was wondering if that was coming next!

tinkamom said:
Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney West Side, will no longer
participate in the Disney Dining Experience effective April 1,

Is this what you are talking about? I didn't see anything that said WPC will no longer participate in the DP, but I was wondering if that was coming next!

None of us know how much notice restaurants have to give Disney if they want to stop participating with DDE or MYW Dining. Doesn't Teppanyaki participate with MYW Dining but not DDE?

Lewisc said:
None of us know how much notice restaurants have to give Disney if they want to stop participating with DDE or MYW Dining. Doesn't Teppanyaki participate with MYW Dining but not DDE?

I was confused. I thought I saw DDP, but now see that its DDE. Of course, we have both. You are correct, Teppanyaki does not participate in DDE. Big River Grill does not participate in DDE either, but does in DDP. It's getting harder to keep it all straight. I wonder if the DDE folks will send us an email update.

Teppanyaki doesn't accept DDE. And it was DDE that WPC doen't accept anymore, not the dining plan, at least that's what I understood.

Does anyone know for sure if it's the DDE or the DP? We'll be on the DP this June and I have 2 ADRs there (one of them on July 4th!) and I wonder if I need to make new arrangements. TIA

I just spoke to a CM who checked something and told me as far as she could tell, WGP Cafe would still be participating in the dining plan. I hope she's right. We have an ADR there in June. :)

I will check close to our arrival date. We rarely go over to Downtown Disney and going to the cafe will be an out of the way trip for us. We have enjoyed in the past but if its not included in the dining plan I will be canceling the ADR.

Has anybody found out for sure if WPC is or is not participating in the Dining Plan? Thanks!

It sounds like it is just the DDE that they aren't accepting. I hope we finalize this or I need to cancel that ADR. I might anyway just to be safe.

Just a FYI...We were down there two weeks ago and used the dining plan at WPC...no problems at all. :hippie:

Someone called them directly a few weeks ago. It's the DDE that they are not accepting. They are still participating in the dining plan.

I just ate there last week using the dining plan. It was the best meal of our trip, the food and the service was excellent. There were no restrictions or surcharges. I had the crab cakes, filet, and key lime pie. Yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter