GAC Pass @ 8:30 am?

PrincessasMommy

Mouseketeer
We plan on being in MK by 8:00/8:30ish on our 1st day there. We don't have real tickets, we have "vouchers" from our travel agency and we need a GAC too (Oldest DD is legally blind/extreme sun sensitivy). We really want to have a head start on the day and be ready to ride at "rope-drop". My question is can we redeem our vouchers and get our GAC BEFORE the park actually opens? We'd hate to waste valuable time! :flower:

I'm not sure but best guess:

1. You should be able to exchange your vouchers from the TA when you check in to your resort (this is figuring you will check in the night before).

2. Usually they will open Main Street at 8:30 and then let people into the rest of the park at 9:00 (rope drop). Since Guest Services is in City Hall, you should have no problem getting the GAC and up to the top of Main Street before 9:00.

Thank you so much, but unfortunately I am staying off-site so would you know how I redeem the vouchers the morning of?

Depends a lot on your arrival time the day before. If you are not very late you should be able to go to Guest Services in Downtown Disney (next to Once Upon a Toy) or to the Front Desk of any of the resorts.

Otherwise be at the TTC bright and early to go to one of the ticket windows.

Cheshire Figment - Thank you sooo much for your help! It's our first time so I am clueless. 1 more question if you would be so kind. If I go to MK the morning of, what time to the ticket counters open?

Thanks again!

We arrived at MK before the park opened last summer. We went to the Guest Relations desk to the right of and outside the turnstiles. It was there we got our GAC. When the turnstiles were opened, we were ready to go directly to our first destination.

The hint about going to Guest Services outside the park is a good idea. Even if you have to wait until after the park opens, it should not take long.
If you are going soon, you may find that there is a very short wait for most things. We just got back last night and found very short waits. We only used a GAC twice in 8 days of going to the parks. For example, the wait at the Safari at AK on Saturday when we went was less than 10 minutes (we ended up waiting about 20 minutes because we needed the tram that the wheelchair can be loaded onto). My husband went on the Kali River Rapids twice in a row, pretty much as fast as he could walk in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter