Garden Grill- food was good, service was not.

I had a bad experience at Ohana and didn’t bother complaining. Essentially the damage had been done and i didn’t want to waste any of my vacation time to speak to anyone as I wasn’t looking for compensation. I just wanted to get out of there and move on to something more pleasant and don’t plan on going back.
That's fair enough, and I get that. But then it could also be said that it wouldn't be in good taste to post a negative dining review if you didn't afford the restaurant an opportunity to resolve your issues (not saying you did post one, just speaking generally). Same could be said for posters on Trip Advisor who complain about a hotel but never made the hotel aware of their concerns. This is why so many hotel managers are now engaged and responsive right on Trip Advisor.

No, maybe not. But with hundreds of other restaurant experiences available where the food is better, why not just go somewhere else? There are many decent restaurants out there (none that I would call “great”) at WDW so no need for a repeat performance in my opinion. The food was ok (beef was very good with the chimichurri sauce). Character interaction was great. Was it a $60 meal? Well, no. But we paid it because of the character experience.

Because the service was so poor, we just don’t feel the need to go back but we may have felt that way if the service was superb as well.

Maybe next time we’ll go to Tusker House.

I think the poster you quoted was just saying to others that dining reviews are very subjective. And that's essentially what it boils down to. I totally understand not wanting to repeat Garden Grill after your experience, but other potential diners of Garden Grill shouldn't necessarily cancel their reservation because you had an inattentive server. And you mention perhaps trying Tusker House next time, but you will find very mixed reviews of that here as well. So, its just to say that I think anyone could find a positive OR negative review about every WDW restaurant here, and they should all be taken with a grain of salt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter