Garden view at Poly???

danjulia

Mouseketeer
DH and I have read Tikiman's site (what a wonderful source of information!) and still aren't sure where our first choice building is for our February stay. We have garden view reserved and don't expect an upgrade (since it's booked through DVC), where would you recommend and why? I just want to be prepared when given our options at check-in. BTW distance from GCH is not an issue and I do NOT want the monorail riding by my window. This is our first, and probably only, time at the Poly since it's SO "expensive" through DVC, so I want to have a magical time! Thanks in advance!

Sue

We're going to try to get ground floor in Samoa, since its between the two pools, and my DH smokes anyway. (smoking building)

If you dont mind smoking, definitely Samoa, like the above poster mentioned. We had requested non smoking and were put in Samoa. I was not happy because the smell of smoke(especially stale smoke in linens and things like that) really bothers me. Well, we walked in our room and the view was awesome! At that point I didnt care about smoke, LOL,but I can honestly say, we never had a hint of smoke smell in our room. We were directly in front of the volcano pool, and could see the GF, lagoon, and even the castle if we stretched a little. It was wonderful!

I would definitely say to go with Tokelau. It is non-smoking, but has great views for the price of a garden view room. When I stayed there in early November of 2002, we were given (I believe) room # 1915... we were shocked when we saw that we had practically been given a lagoon view room! From the patio, we could see the TTC boat and Contemporary. Just about 5 steps out, we could see the Grand Floridian and castle as well. It was a pleasant surprise and a very spacious, clean room. The pictures you see on Tikiman's website for the Tokelau Longhouse page were the rooms just across us in the hallway... You are right next to the quiet pool in this longhouse and only a short walk away from the beach, Volcano pool, and GCH. Have a magical time and enjoy whichever longhouse you choose!

~mariamouse~ :smooth:

In December we stayed in the Tahiti building on the end of the 3rd floor. We had a wonderful view of the garden walkways, and we could walk out of our building and onto the beach. It was very quiet down on that end since it was away from the crowded pool areas. We were also very close to the TTC, which made heading out to other parks much easier. So if you want quiet, check out Tahiti.

Laura

Here's another vote for Tahiti :cool: IndyDisneyFan stated all my reasons quite well. Although this is the building "farthest" from the GCH, it wasn't a long walk at all. I enjoyed the walk every night to refill our mugs because I was able to enjoy the wonderful torch lit walkways. The short walk to the TTC was also a plus in the mornings heading out to the parks and/or our PS breakfasts! As for the view, all I needed to see were the palm trees and torches and I was all set. Of course, a castle view would've been perfect but all I had to do was walk out the door and look across the lagoon and there it was! :) Good luck with your choice, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the Polynesian no matter where you stay! :cool:

Thanks to all. I was leaning toward Tokelau or Tahiti myself. My husband's thinking Fiji. Any thoughts on that building? Thanks again - these boards are GREAT!

Sue

Sue, I think you should give the CMs a lot to work with. Here was my request:

1. Non-smoking
2. Balcony or Patio
3. Tokelau Longhouse, near the water/beach
4. Fiji Longhouse, marina view preferred
5. Aotearoa Longhouse

We received the Aotearoa Longhouse with a monorail view and it was *fantastic* :). The longhouse was very close to everything (except the laundry :)). You could ask for the non-monorail side. I would have also been happy with either side of Fiji, but didn't know it when I made my reservations.

Here are my pictures: Robin's Polynesian Pictures

Great pictures Robin!! I'm also not sure about building requests for my October trip, but have been told by many that Tokelau is very nice. IYO are ground floor rooms more desirable than balcony rooms?

We were able to stay in Tokelau on the third floor (3917?) It was wonderful. We could see the CR from our balcony, and just a few steps away there was a lovely landing to look out at MK. As mentioned earlier, short walks to quiet and volcanco pool, and for our then 13yo DS to the Arcade (where a generous CM gave way too many credits to all game players inside!). Also quick to TTC. I'd stay again if the chance arises! But DS has us exploring Storm-a-long Bay on rented points at BCV in October!

Originally posted by DisneyFan09
Great pictures Robin!! I'm also not sure about building requests for my October trip, but have been told by many that Tokelau is very nice. IYO are ground floor rooms more desirable than balcony rooms?

Thanks :). We really liked the 1st floor patio. We never had to take the elevtaor with our 3 year old DD's stroller, she could safely play in the grass outside our room and one of us could sneak out the glass door to/from the parking lot and GCH. I think a balcony would also be nice and the "view" might be a little better, but a patio worked out better for us :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter