Garmin won't stay powered on, battery dead problem solved

cavepig

DIS Veteran
So, I have read all over the net but thought maybe one of you might have had this problem and fixed it.

It's just a Garmin Forerunner 10 not quiet a year old. I called cusomer support but it was closing soon and said a 46-60 minute wait, yikes. Guess I'll try Monday.

It says fully charged, I unplug it, it shut off. I have done a reset where I end up with it asking me for English, miles, etc.

I press & hold buttons, it beeps, it shuts off is about all I've accomplished with it.

Anyone got any ideas? Thank you!

So, I have read all over the net but thought maybe one of you might have had this problem and fixed it.

It's just a Garmin Forerunner 10 not quiet a year old. I called cusomer support but it was closing soon and said a 46-60 minute wait, yikes. Guess I'll try Monday.

It says fully charged, I unplug it, it shut off. I have done a reset where I end up with it asking me for English, miles, etc.

I press & hold buttons, it beeps, it shuts off is about all I've accomplished with it.

Anyone got any ideas? Thank you!

Did you try connecting it to the computer and see if there's a firmware update? That also sometimes fixes problems.

Did you try connecting it to the computer and see if there's a firmware update? That also sometimes fixes problems.
Yeah, its up to date. I just used their chat on Garmin, and nothing the agent told me to do worked, she was stumped. But, what's interesting is she asked for my seriel number and come to find out it is listed as a refurbished watch. However, when I ordered it, it said new, not refurbished. I only have had it 5 months (only made it to 1 RunDisney race weekend) after checking the order, so yeah if it really is refurbished maybe that's why the battery just went wonky, I don't know. oh well they'll exchange it at least

Last edited:

They have really good customer service. I would reach out to where you ordered it and try to get an explanation as to why they sold a refurbished watch as new while you are at it.

Your battery is shot. Same thing happened to mine. As long as it's in warranty, they will replace it. If not then you may need to purchase new battery.

Thanks, I found their Chat last Friday and they are sending a replacement, so luckily avoided the long hold.

Your battery is shot. Same thing happened to mine.
How long did your battery last, just curious? I had it 5 months, so yeah they are replacing it.

Thanks, I found their Chat last Friday and they are sending a replacement, so luckily avoided the long hold.

How long did your battery last, just curious? I had it 5 months, so yeah they are replacing it.
Little less than a year but used about 5x a week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!