gastric bypass discount?

TinkerChelle

Happy Mommy of 2
I think I remember reading a post a while back stating that gastric bypass patients could be charged the child's price at a buffet? Is there anyone who has been to the world lately and found that to be true? We will be there in February and I had the surgery this July. I can only eat about a 1/2 cup of food per meal. I really don't want to have to spend $20 to $25 on a buffet when I can't really eat that much, but I have always loved Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. I do have a card stating that I have had the surgery and have restrictions. Any thoughts?

TinkerChelle- I would call several of your favorite restaurants and ask them directly as the WDW Dine may not know the answer. Congratulations on taking steps to improved health. Threehearts

We just got back from Disney and I had GSB also. I think you just need to talk to your server and it will depend on them. I didn't ask at the buffets so I paid full price but I did order smaller portions or off the kids menu at regular restraurants and there was no problem.

We went to the Yachtmans Steak Club and I ordered a steak off the kids menu which was fine for me. There were no problems there at all. At some other sit down restaurants my DD age 10 split meals and they brought them out on 2 different plates. I stayed away from most of the kids meals because there's not much nutritional value. Hotdogs, chicken fingers and PB&J sandwiches. Not great choices. Just ask, it doesn't hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter