GCH Room Requests

Artuero

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am staying at the Grand Californian with my 7yo daughter beginning Saturday. When should we make our room requests, and how (fax, email, telephone?).

We are looking for bunk beds and a refrigerator. We have a standard view. Are there other requests people generally like to make?
Thanks.

We're leavinh on Monday and my TA suggested I call on Friday with my requests. I've heard the hotel does the actual room assignments 3 days prior to arrival.

I would recommend calling the hotel personally to confirm arrangements 3 days prior to your visit. We had a standard room and it overlooked a rooftop. I know there are better standard rooms so you might want to hunt around on these boards and also check out Mary Jo's info on hotels at the top of the boards. A request might go a long way. Also, you need to request a refridgerator that is separate from the minibar. I had requested one and it wasn't in the room when we checked in, but we eventually got it.

Make sure and ask for the wake-up call when you are there - it's Mickey who calls you. My kids like to have a night-light, so I would ask if one was available or pack one, especially for the bathroom.

Have Fun! :wave2:

I second the night light idea. The rooms are really dark at night. I have a really cheap night light that I got at a grocery store, and I always have it packed in my bag.

Have a wonderful time!
Enjoy life and great vacations,
Chris

We called to request our bunkbed room quite a while in advance..we also requested a mini fridge. We had a nice room 3111. It was close to the lobby elevators. It overlooked the front entrance, my 3 yr old son liked that he could watch all the cars coming in. We could see the DL hotel at night, lit up which is pretty and could see the monorail ( although it wasn't as close as a courtyard view would be).

We brought a night light with us, but also you could leave the light in the toilet/shower section of the bathroom on and pull the door shut most of the way without it being too bright in the sleeping area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter