Generic Holiday Themed December Exercise Challenge

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the December 2018 Exercise Thread!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal, which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since December has 31 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Bright Lights Blue
25% - Carrot Nose Orange
50% - Sugar Plum Purple
75% - Rosy Cheek Pink
90% - Rudolph Red
100% - Holly Jolly Green!

We’re officially starting this challenge on December 1st, (or 2nd, oops) but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team Progress:
-----------------------------
Elizabeth Smith 580/600
PollyannaMom -- 1145/600
Twilight Sparkle -- 3255/2000
sophy1996 800/1200
MikeNamez 1305/1300
BonnieF 310/500
GrandAdmiralStrife 1130/1200

-----------------------------
Grand Total ~ 8525/7400~

Last edited:
ksdhfguy4890831-624x351.jpg

(Photo from Disney Parks)

Merry Christmas, let's kick things off strong on our first few days! I'll be honest, I don't have as much time to be on the boards as I used to and will be updating as I'm able! The theme this month will be loose. I encourage anyone who wants to share about their holiday planning, shopping, decorating, etc. please do to make things a little more fun and festive.

I started off the month with walking around the mall for several hours yesterday. I'll count it for 60.

60/600, and Bright Lights Blue for me!

I'll sign on for 600 as well.

I haven't been doing the greatest job of fitting exercise in lately, but I do have trip planned later in the month, so I should at least be doing lots of walking then!
It will be my first Christmastime trip to WDW, so I'm really looking forward to it. :santa: :mickeyjum :santa:

Thanks so very much for hosting, Elizabeth Smith! I'm in for 2000 this month. I leave in less than 12 hours for WDW, so I hope to get a good head start on minutes this week. I'm not sure if I'll check in while I'm gone or not, but I will be back at least when we return. My holiday planning is pretty much on hiatus until we return from this trip. Hope to be inspired by others in this group. Like PollyannaMom, this will be our first time to experience the Christmas festivities at WDW. Can't wait to see all the decorations. Tomorrow night we'll be at the Candlelight Processional listening to Neil Patrick Harris!!!! And then we'll end the night with the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. I'm so looking forward to the holiday tag version of Illuminations.

40 minutes yesterday
75 minutes today

115/2000

Thanks for hosting. I am in for 930 minutes.

it has been a bit warmer outside so i took advantage of it. Yesterday we were in the 60's, today we are in the 30's. Saturday I had 46 minutes and yesterday I had 42 minutes.

88/930

15 minutes on the mini-trampoline for me this morning.

15/600

I leave in less than 12 hours for WDW, so I hope to get a good head start on minutes this week. I'm not sure if I'll check in while I'm gone or not, but I will be back at least when we return. My holiday planning is pretty much on hiatus until we return from this trip. Hope to be inspired by others in this group. Like PollyannaMom, this will be our first time to experience the Christmas festivities at WDW. Can't wait to see all the decorations. Tomorrow night we'll be at the Candlelight Processional listening to Neil Patrick Harris!!!! And then we'll end the night with the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. I'm so looking forward to the holiday tag version of Illuminations.

It's so cool that you get to hear Neil Patrick Harris for the Processional! I bet he does a really good job. - If I can convince DS and DH to stop and listen, we'll hear Auli'i Cravalho, who played Moana.

You'll be back before I'm down there, so unfortunately no chance to meet up , but I meant to ask where you're staying? We're at POFQ, then driving to my Dad's for a few days, then back to AKL. - I saw the lobby tree on line the other day, and I can't wait!

I'll be honest, I don't have as much time to be on the boards as I used to and will be updating as I'm able! The theme this month will be loose. I encourage anyone who wants to share about their holiday planning, shopping, decorating, etc. please do to make things a little more fun and festive.

Thank you for taking on this busy month at all! I'll gladly post a tree pic toward the "thread-decorating":

DSCN3553.JPG

(Because of the above plans, we decided to forgo getting a real one this year, and put up the artificial. - The consolation prize is I get to have it up a lot earlier!)

Happy December! Im in for 500 minutes this month - have to be practical! Thanks for hosting, ElizabethSmith. We’ve had a crazy couple of weeks here. My son and his family will be staying with us for a few weeks so life is topsy turvy but in a good way! It’ll be great having the two granddaughters (5 & 1)here, especially as Christmas gets closer!
I’m a little jealous of the trips to WDW - it’s my favttime to be there. Keep the trip reports coming!
Pollyannamom, beautiful tree!

Sorry about the double post - for some reason the first one didn’t show up. But I can add 20 minutes for yesterday and 15 today - it would have been longer but, silly me, no hat or gloves! I really don’t like winter

Last edited:
Checking in on my phone so please forgive any typos that might happen.

Adding 561 minutes

676/2000

Long but such fun days at Epcot and MK so far. NPH was great. Rain not so much. PollyannaMom, I hope your family lets you listen to Moana and the CP. it’s a beautiful show. Also, they must let you stay for Illuminations. The holiday tag is impressive. That version is now my favorite fireworks show at WDW, and I am so sad that was my one and only chance to see it. At the same time, I’m glad I got to see it at least once.

We attended the MvMCP party last night at MK. We were there all day, too, and I preferred the daytime crowds to the party crowd, but we still had a great time. We are still recovering from a very late night, but heading to HS in a bit. Staying for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, so we have more holiday fun ahead of us. Wishing our short trip allowed for a rest day, though!!! We have a harsh case of severe sleep deprivation at this point! Ha!

PollyannaMom, we are at Saratoga Springs. It’s beautiful and relaxing and the CMs are so nice. Looking forward to an earlier night so we can enjoy the resort a little. I could happily move in here. The buses drive by the entrance to the Port Orleans property. It looks lovely, too.

Love the trees!!

Thinking of you all and wishing we could have our very own DisMeet one day.

Checking in on my phone so please forgive any typos that might happen.

Adding 561 minutes

676/2000

Long but such fun days at Epcot and MK so far. NPH was great. Rain not so much. PollyannaMom, I hope your family lets you listen to Moana and the CP. it’s a beautiful show. Also, they must let you stay for Illuminations. The holiday tag is impressive. That version is now my favorite fireworks show at WDW, and I am so sad that was my one and only chance to see it. At the same time, I’m glad I got to see it at least once.

We attended the MvMCP party last night at MK. We were there all day, too, and I preferred the daytime crowds to the party crowd, but we still had a great time. We are still recovering from a very late night, but heading to HS in a bit. Staying for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, so we have more holiday fun ahead of us. Wishing our short trip allowed for a rest day, though!!! We have a harsh case of severe sleep deprivation at this point! Ha!

PollyannaMom, we are at Saratoga Springs. It’s beautiful and relaxing and the CMs are so nice. Looking forward to an earlier night so we can enjoy the resort a little. I could happily move in here. The buses drive by the entrance to the Port Orleans property. It looks lovely, too.

Love the trees!!

Thinking of you all and wishing we could have our very own DisMeet one day.

As I'm sitting at my desk I shall live vicariously through you seeing your in Disney lol. Be sure to update us again when you can and HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!