• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie and older iPhone without data plan

Thank you both for the quick reply! I will give it a shot, it would be better for me to let him drain the battery on a different device than the one I will rely on in the parks. I’ll plan to bring a power bank either way. 😊

If I let my DS use my old iPhone 7 (no data plan) on WiFi at the park, will it work with the Genie+ and the Play Disney app?
Thank you!!
M
Yes it will work. Just connect to the in-park wifi and you should be good to go.

Have you downloaded the MDE app to the phone to ensure the phone is not too old? I had to upgrade my iPhone 6 a couple of years ago because the MDE app would not load the current version to the phone. So long as the most recent update works on the phone, you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter