"GET AWAY, SCURVY!!" – A May 2017 Whirlwind Long Weekend TR

The travel home sounds like it was really rough for you, I'm sorry :(

Haha the TR title reveal! :rotfl: love it!

I give N a lot of credit for be able to do all that traveling and then get RIGHT back on the road to go back to the same place!

Thank you so much for sharing, I really enjoyed hearing all about your whirlwind trip!

I'm sorry I haven't been around to comment more lately!! But I have been reading along, I promise! It was so nice to read about the short whirlwind trip you guys had. I can't believe how much you managed to fit into just two park days!! I'm still following along on your PTR and I'm so excited to hear all about the wedding!!!

Love where the title came from! I've been wondering :scratchin

The short version of this next story is that being prone to motion sickness, along with my previous state of malaise and the boiling temperature of the plane (they couldn't get the air working until over an hour into the flight) caused me to get incredibly ill for the first couple hours of the flight home.
Ugh, one of my fears is feeling sick on a plane. I've had a migraine when flying and that's bad enough but having an upset stomach or a combination of ailments that just make you feel sick overall........no fun. I'm sorry that happened.

We arrived home that afternoon, and in the matter of an hour we had everything unloaded and unpacked enough that N could re-pack his bookbag with a few toiletries and sets of clothes, and then he hopped in his truck and hit the road, returning to Orlando. :eek:
I couldn't believe it when you told us N was doing this, turning right back around and returning to Orlando :scared1: But as you said it's worth it to be able to do something you love.

Thanks for writing this report, I loved following along and I loved being in it :D I cannot wait to read your wedding TR, and in case I don't get a chance to say it anywhere else, safe travels, congrats to you and N, have a MAGICAL, wonderful wedding and a fantastic time with your families down there. I know everything will be perfect :love: :hug:

The travel home sounds like it was really rough for you, I'm sorry :(

Haha the TR title reveal! :rotfl: love it!

I give N a lot of credit for be able to do all that traveling and then get RIGHT back on the road to go back to the same place!

Thank you so much for sharing, I really enjoyed hearing all about your whirlwind trip!

I've been holding on to the TR title story for a while now, and it still makes me smile! :)

N is so amazing at travelling. He actually just got back from Fort Lauderdale this morning, so after our wedding he will have done that drive 3 times since May! Woah!

Thanks so much for reading along and commenting!

I'm sorry I haven't been around to comment more lately!! But I have been reading along, I promise! It was so nice to read about the short whirlwind trip you guys had. I can't believe how much you managed to fit into just two park days!! I'm still following along on your PTR and I'm so excited to hear all about the wedding!!!

No worries, life happens, but it's great to see you on here again! Thanks so much for reading along here and on my PTR...can't wait to share the wedding trip soon!

Ugh, one of my fears is feeling sick on a plane. I've had a migraine when flying and that's bad enough but having an upset stomach or a combination of ailments that just make you feel sick overall........no fun. I'm sorry that happened.

Yesssss, being under the weather travelling is the absolute worst!! It could have been worse, I'm sure. But in the moment I felt like death. Airplanes aren't my thing.

I couldn't believe it when you told us N was doing this, turning right back around and returning to Orlando :scared1: But as you said it's worth it to be able to do something you love.

Wild, right?? As I commented above, he actually just got home from Fort Lauderdale this morning, so he's becoming all too familiar with this drive! He's crazy! But he loves painting and meeting people and working with his hands, so to him it's worth it. I don't think I could do it.

Thanks for writing this report, I loved following along and I loved being in it :D I cannot wait to read your wedding TR, and in case I don't get a chance to say it anywhere else, safe travels, congrats to you and N, have a MAGICAL, wonderful wedding and a fantastic time with your families down there. I know everything will be perfect :love: :hug:

Thanks so much for your loyal readership, here and elsewhere! I can't wait to share my wedding stories with you! I hope you guys have the most wonderful trip in just a few days!! :hyper::hug:

This mom would just not quit, and she was right up in the kid's face, saying "Daddy doesn't get any kisses, only mommy! Right??" She leans in for another kiss and the kid totally rejects her. Bahah! Only mommy? Guess not. Then she won't give up pestering this poor lil' man! Next she has to take his picture over and over till she gets one she likes. He doesn't want to look, and when he finally does, he won't smile. She's all: "Tyler, look here! Look here, Tyler!" ...*takes photo*...*inspects photo*...to husband: "He looks constipated."

Oh man, was that queue line ever entertaining!
Gotta appreciate the free entertainment from other guests' odd behaviors! :rotfl2:

We had an awesome experience here! Our skipper (server) was awesome, and he played it all SOO deadpan, just like the best jungle cruise skippers do. I believe his name was Robert (unless we didn't enjoy our meal, in which case his name was Paul.) He threw in lots of great gags, some from the JC ride (including the "please...get out" joke), and some original.
That is fantastic!

We don't have a meal here planned for August (though we may try for a walk-up if any of our days end up putting us in MK around lunchtime), but we're already thinking about adding this ADR to our January trip. It was a super experience for a moderately priced meal, and there are lots of other things I'd like to try there.
I'm glad to see you enjoyed it! *spoiler alert* I didn't end up getting to try it.

"You don't wanna be that snack credit hog that gets made fun of at the family reunion!"
But why not? If you're the snack credit hog, what can they make fun of? You got all the good stuff while they didn't. You snooze you lose. Their fault, not yours! :rotfl:

Turns out that N loved the rides at DHS, but he was strongly opposed to park touring by himself. He told me it wasn't fun without me. :lovestruc I love that man. So while I might be the kind of person who'd benefit from a solo trip, I don't think there'll be one in N's future any time soon.
I can understand this. Me, if I can go to a park alone for an hour or 2, I'm usually all over that. But I know it isn't for everyone.

For all of you still reading these wordy updates, you deserve a medal! I just realized that I'm headed back to WDW in a month (a month from today we arrive at the GF!! Plans are in my PTR in my signature!) and I should probably get this report finished up soon so I can move on to new Disney adventures! I'm going to do my best to finish out this day in one update...sorry in advance...and then get the return travel days done fairly quickly...so here we go!
Well, I want to make sure I say good luck! I hope the trip is fantastic and more importantly, I hope your wedding day is all you dreamed it would be. I want to give my best to the both of you as you begin this next chapter of life together!

I hope I can catch up on your PTR before you leave, but I just wanted to say something now in case I don't quite get there.

He didn't understand why that would matter at all to me at that point. Fair enough. Eventually I convinced him.

So yes, we skipped HEA, and left the park that was open until 11pm, to ride Soarin' at a park that was about to close.
Well, you're entitled to do whatever makes you happy!

(In the end, I'm actually 100% happy with this decision because it means that our very first time seeing HEA will be on our honeymoon, possibly even surrounded by my family, where we will have just eaten a wedding cake complete with a cake topper that says "Happily Ever After" and when we're about to begin our own "happily ever after" together. Now it seems right. At the time it was nuts.)
That's a great point. A lot of the talk about people being upset about losing Wishes for the new show is because of the meaning Wishes had for them. When you see HEA for the first time, it is going to be even more special now and it will be a moment you'll remember every time you see that show!

It was stupid, but tell that to sleepy Meghan and see if she's as reasonable as I am. (Spoiler alert: she's not. She never is.)
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

But sometimes I'm seriously astounded by the way people behave on vacation. Or anywhere, for that matter.
::yes::

Also, tonight I went to my job singing at the 50s diner, and all of the toilets in the restaurant were broken and flooding, and was was pouring out the bathrooms down the halls, and then it started coming up from the drains in the restaurant floor, etc., and people had sewage water under their tables, and we were all expected to keep singing...and let's just say it's been a crazy night.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That stinks.

It was a little before 8am, we were all packed, had both done a full sweep of every room in the suite, and were standing by the door ready to go...when all of a sudden I stopped, completely stunned.

N says that he saw my face go white and blank and he thought I was about to faint or have some kind of medical emergency.

I turned to him in a trance and said: "Wait. Where are our passports?"
OH @#*$ :scared1:

I'm glad you remembered it before you got to the airport.

Golf carts can't talk.
They can't give advice.
I guess this one could?
Oh, praise to the wise golf cart!
Have you ever seen Cars? :rolleyes1

We arrived for our now-later ADR time, got seated, and I was excited to have the same server we had back in December, Theresa! She's awesome. I'll definitely be trying to request her section in August. She's the kind of server who just offers to leave you the carafe of Jungle Juice because she knows you obviously will want it.
Awesome service!

N had a better vantage point, so I, being the crazy stalker that I am, made him take this creepy stalker picture:

OiVIZnY.jpg
That's cool! I'm glad you had a chance to say hi. Don't feel too bad, you had no idea that the breakfast was part of a MAW trip. I'm sure it happens to Joe anytime he is out and about on Disney property.

Theresa timed it for us. Because of this, she got not only my meal, but also N's meal completely comp'd. As in, our 2 breakfasts = COMPLETELY FREE. We hadn't even minded the waiting all that much. She got a great tip, and we still didn't really spend any more than we would have on quick service. Woohoo!
Wow! That's awesome service by Theresa. She definitely deserved a nice tip for her efforts.

I totally could have planned for more stuff this morning or had a later morning wake-up time...but I'm sure if I had then there would have been multiple natural disasters preventing us from making our flight on time. My family and I get so paranoid about these things.
::yes:: I'm always nervous about that stuff when I fly too. I always want to make sure I'm at the airport and through security with plenty of time to spare.

As the flight attendants were checking the aisles on the plane, I accidentally nudged one of them with my elbow, and then apologized to him. He started joking with me, asking if I wanted to fight, and I said, "I didn't think you folks did that. That's a different airline." With the recent United controversy it totally caught him off-guard and he laughed, and gave me a fist bump out of respect. He left and I excitedly told N, "I got a fist bump!" I'd been waiting for one since seeing that PP photographer with that kid at MK, so it made me smile.
Well played! Impressive come back and I'm glad you got your fist bump.

I gave N a warning that I'd taken it, told him I'd try my best to stay in good spirits, and asked him not to take it personally if I was testy on the drive home, reminding him: "It's not you. ...It's not even really me. It's just the drugs."
Yeah... we'll just blame the drugs... :rolleyes1

When it was gone, I sadly moaned to N, "I just ate the last of Disney!" Sad day.
Just think, you'd still have more to eat if it weren't for that little brat at EPCOT... :duck:

All I could do was laugh. Between the hilarious image of me as a viking, which I pondered while gnawing on a chunk of pepperoni, coupled with the ridiculous and awkward way he'd chosen to phrase that: "get the scurvy away." He must have been thinking the same thing, because suddenly and simultaneously we both shouted, "GET AWAY, SCURVY!!"
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Just part of the price we (mostly N) pay to balance out the fact that he can make a living doing something he loves.
That's great that he is able to not only do something he loves, but has your support in doing it!

Thanks for taking the time to write this up I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one. Excited for your upcoming nuptials.

Last edited:

I'm glad to see you enjoyed it! *spoiler alert* I didn't end up getting to try it.

I figured that would be the case. Too bad you missed it this time! It was a great meal and a great experience for us.

But why not? If you're the snack credit hog, what can they make fun of? You got all the good stuff while they didn't. You snooze you lose. Their fault, not yours! :rotfl:

Truth!

Well, I want to make sure I say good luck! I hope the trip is fantastic and more importantly, I hope your wedding day is all you dreamed it would be. I want to give my best to the both of you as you begin this next chapter of life together!

I hope I can catch up on your PTR before you leave, but I just wanted to say something now in case I don't quite get there.

Thanks so much for the well wishes! Every day it gets closer is a day it's harder to believe it's going to happen!

That's a great point. A lot of the talk about people being upset about losing Wishes for the new show is because of the meaning Wishes had for them. When you see HEA for the first time, it is going to be even more special now and it will be a moment you'll remember every time you see that show!

I think this is very true! I have a lot of positive memories associated with Wishes, and it seems that most other big Wishes fans do as well. Here's to new memories!

OH @#*$ :scared1:

I'm glad you remembered it before you got to the airport.

Really though. I'm usually so on the ball with things like this, so I was in shock!

Just think, you'd still have more to eat if it weren't for that little brat at EPCOT... :duck:

That kid. Man, I hate that kid.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one. Excited for your upcoming nuptials.

Thanks so much for reading and for the well wishes!

Hi, Meghan!! We were traveling the last 3 weeks, so I totally fell behind here on the DIS. Loved the ending of your TR and can't wait for the wedding/honeymoon one!!!! Have a beautiful wedding (It will be impossible not to!!!) Enjoy all the magic. Then, hurry back so we can hear all about it :)

Hi, Meghan!! We were traveling the last 3 weeks, so I totally fell behind here on the DIS. Loved the ending of your TR and can't wait for the wedding/honeymoon one!!!! Have a beautiful wedding (It will be impossible not to!!!) Enjoy all the magic. Then, hurry back so we can hear all about it :)

Thanks so much for reading along! I totally understand about falling behind on the Dis! I'm nervous for how much I'm going to miss while I'm away! Thanks so much for the well wishes - can't wait to tell all about it!

Mickey Waffles...Missed them on my last trip and was so sad! Did get to try the Mickey Cream Cheese Pretzel in Tommorrowland but it was so hot that day that it felt too heavy to eat. Craving those waffles for our March visit!

Hello, friends!! I've been an absent TR host, and I'm sincerely apologetic! If you're following my wedding trip PTR, you've heard little snippets of the stuff going on in my life as of late, and I've let myself get overwhelmed by things and my Dis-ing has suffered. Trying to keep up with everything has had me feeling more than a little like this guy:

3z58yGo.gif

(Speaking of "this guy"...it looks like our landlord has caved, and we are officially allowed to get a cat this fall! Keep an eye out on the TR I'm sure I'll be writing about the wedding trip to see pictures when we find our perfect cat-soulmate, as I'm sure they will make an appearance.)

I'm finally caught up now on my Dis stuff, and I'm working away at the last-minute wedding and school stuff, etc. Also, tonight I went to my job singing at the 50s diner, and all of the toilets in the restaurant were broken and flooding, and was was pouring out the bathrooms down the halls, and then it started coming up from the drains in the restaurant floor, etc., and people had sewage water under their tables, and we were all expected to keep singing...and let's just say it's been a crazy night. So I'm so happy to finally be home and to be giving you this update! (And to be running my shoes and socks through the wash machine at least twice...!) Let's get this sucker done before I leave for the next trip in just over two weeks...

"Please, Take that Golf Cart's Advice!"
AKA: "I'm a Wish Killer."
Return Travel Day 1 - Part 1

The sleepiness levels had officially hit new heights this day by the time the alarm went off at 6am, but at this point it didn't matter—we were going home.

We finished our packing up, and I decided to bite the bullet and add an extra carry-on bag for our flight home to help accommodate our purchases and keep my new Dooney from getting squished. It ended up being only $18, rather than the $30-50 I'd expected, so I didn't cry about it.

In using the app to add our carry-on, I also could see that our flight was already delayed over a half hour, so I used that as an excuse to go into MDE and push our breakfast ADR a little later.

It was a little before 8am, we were all packed, had both done a full sweep of every room in the suite, and were standing by the door ready to go...when all of a sudden I stopped, completely stunned.

N says that he saw my face go white and blank and he thought I was about to faint or have some kind of medical emergency.

I turned to him in a trance and said: "Wait. Where are our passports?"

KDHTbuX.gif

Wow! It turned out that we had forgotten to empty the safe in the room! And we were about to leave without our passports, along with my Canadian wallet and car keys! Holy Moses! That could have been SO bad.

Reeling from the shock, we left with passports in hand and drove out to the Registration building to check-out. As we drove there we got stuck behind a car, which was stuck behind a golf cart, which was stuck behind the world's slowest giant lawn mower. When it was safe to do so, the golf cart guy pulled out and passed the lawn mower. The car just stayed behind him. Forever. Driving at a comfortable walking speed. Exasperated, I hollered: "Please, take that golf cart's advice!!" We were so tired, so naturally this was very funny to N.
Golf carts can't talk.
They can't give advice.
I guess this one could?
Oh, praise to the wise golf cart!

Also there were those weird sand-crane-bird things that are basically domesticated in Orlando now.

RDrsptF.jpg

We checked out and were on our way to our last dose of Disney: Boma breakfast! If you read my PTR you'll know that originally we were planning to only book one ADR to keep our budget very low, but then I realized that I'd spend the entire trip having never consumed a single Mickey waffle, and that just would not be okay. I was prepared to get one at a quick service place, but we both love Boma more than most places on Earth, so N suggested we just book it. I'm SO glad we did! It ended up being one of the highlights of the trip!

fTIK3zf.jpg

flPLH7H.jpg

We arrived for our now-later ADR time, got seated, and I was excited to have the same server we had back in December, Theresa! She's awesome. I'll definitely be trying to request her section in August. She's the kind of server who just offers to leave you the carafe of Jungle Juice because she knows you obviously will want it.

iQOKgUf.jpg

She was going to go get a chef for my allergies, and I convinced N to go get his own food while I waited. I'm SOO glad he did, because I waited, and waited, and waited, and the chef never came. Theresa kept checking back on us, and she was getting more and more frustrated that I wasn't seen by a chef. She got much angrier about it than we would have—all we had left to do was hop on a plane, so we didn't mind waiting longer than planned in the Disney bubble.

While all of this waiting was happening and N was at the buffet, I noticed someone walk into the restaurant and sit at a table near us...and I recognized him. "Oh my gosh!" I said to myself. "That's Joe Rohde! I'm sure that's Joe Rohde..."

When N got back, I pointed him out, and N was like "...ok." :O

Many of you may already know this, but Joe Rohde is kind of a Disney legend. He's the head imagineer responsible for Pandora, not to mention that he was highly involved in most of the creation of AK and the Lodge (which just so happens to be incredibly special to us as it's where we got engaged.) I couldn't stop blubbering to N about him. He was there with a family (his family or friends, I'd assumed,) and I couldn't stop telling N how I didn't want to interrupt his meal but I wished I had the guts to go over and meet him. N kept telling me to just go do it.

N had a better vantage point, so I, being the crazy stalker that I am, made him take this creepy stalker picture:

OiVIZnY.jpg

I messaged @ariane37 about it, (and sent her the stalker picture! lol) and she thought that it was really cool, and she said that he's probably used to people going up to meet him in public all the time...so eventually, I did just that. I apologized for interrupting their meal, but shook his hand, mumbled some kind of gibberish about how excited I was to see Pandora, and then left them alone. He was gracious, and awesome, and nobody threw their food at me.

It turns out, as I found out later during the meal from Theresa, he was there with a Wish kid and his family, which made me feel SO incredibly guilty! Not only did I interrupt them, I barged in on a kid's wish! For just a moment, I ruined his wish! I'm a wish killer! I was devastated, but also thrilled to have met a brilliant genius of a man who's unknowingly played a big role in my life and in my upcoming marriage to N.

So remember what I'd said about not wanting to book extra ADRs to keep the budget small? Well by this point in the meal I STILL hadn't seen a chef. It ended up taking 29 minutes for the chef to visit my table, and another 16 (45 total) for him to bring me out the allergy-friendly offerings I'd requested that aren't on the buffet (like those Mickey waffles I'd come there for.) Theresa timed it for us. Because of this, she got not only my meal, but also N's meal completely comp'd. As in, our 2 breakfasts = COMPLETELY FREE. We hadn't even minded the waiting all that much. She got a great tip, and we still didn't really spend any more than we would have on quick service. Woohoo!

I took obligatory food photos to show myself on sad days when I'm eating sad meals at home (and to remind myself I'll be back here in breakfast heaven soon enough!)

NmhPT7O.jpg

hO9TEtQ.jpg

Boma was the perfect way to finish our Disney experience, and now it was time to head back to reality...

That really was a whirlwind trip. You're getting so close to your Wedding. If I don't get a chance to say it later I hope you have your dream wedding and honeymoon and make memories to last your lifetime.

The One Where I Make Crazy Decisions and
Get Smacked in the Head With a Stroller
Disney Day 2 - Part 5

For all of you still reading these wordy updates, you deserve a medal! I just realized that I'm headed back to WDW in a month (a month from today we arrive at the GF!! Plans are in my PTR in my signature!) and I should probably get this report finished up soon so I can move on to new Disney adventures! I'm going to do my best to finish out this day in one update...sorry in advance...and then get the return travel days done fairly quickly...so here we go!

I knew N would be starving since he hadn't had a wallet or anything to buy food while at DHS, so I brought him peanut butter sandwiches and snacks from the timeshare in my purse.

Our first order of business was riding JC with my DAS, and we had a really lame skipper. He just wasn't particularly funny or charismatic. But I didn't mind since we'd already had such an awesome skipper at lunch to make up for it.

We had a FP coming up for Pirates, so while waiting for it we went to eat at Columbia Harbour House where we got an order or allergy-friendly chicken fingers with an extra side of fries to split. They've recently changed the GF chicken fingers at Disney, but these ones, while different, are just as good. So I'm cool.

bFWH7q8.jpg

At some point in here, N got a Mickey ice cream sandwich (highly superior to the premium ice cream bar in my humble opinion!) and when we opened it a piece of the cookie ear was broken off! We laughed about Disney being broken, and then I told him just to flip it over and it wouldn't be broken anymore. He flipped it over, and the other cookie on the other side was ALSO BROKEN.

BkckyLu.jpg

We went back to ride Pirates, but it had been broken down (#DisneyIsBroken) so the FP line was backed up like crazy. I was disappointed, and already in a tired and lousy mood from my driving adventure that afternoon, and it was still really hot out, so instead of waiting we wandered over to Frontierland to get DAS for Big Thunder. While we were waiting for our return time, we went to get more maple popcorn so I could eat it on the plane the next day. (We ended up buying the popcorn bucket, which is absolutely coming back with us in August!)

Even the people mover had a line tonight! Crazy!

aCwubCt.png

At this point, I was fading fast. But we still had nearly two hours to get through until Happily Ever After. Being tired put me in a bad mood, and nothing seemed like it would be fun. I hated to do it since we had the DAS for BTMRR coming up and the fireworks were so close...but I thought that maybe we should just leave.

At this point you're probably saying that I'd be crazy for missing seeing the nearly brand-new Happily Ever After for the first time...

Don't worry, I get crazier.

I admitted to N that I didn't want the first time I saw the show to be when I was in a crappy mood and not feeling super excited about it because I didn't want it to be tainted. He understood and was feeling pretty tired, himself, and so we decided to take the train back to Main Street and head back.

In the surprisingly long line for the train there was a little boy who kept throwing himself against me, and his parents were doing nothing. At one point N's hand accidentally smacked into him when he jumped at us, but I don't think N was all too upset about that.

When we got on the train, N's hands miraculously became suddenly incredibly slippery (it happens!) and he almost dropped his phone. In an effort to save the phone, his brain's energy was directed completely to his phone-holding-hand, rendering all other limbs useless, and his other hand released what it was holding: his water bottle. (Back up for a second here: we had each gotten brand new filtering Brita water bottles specifically for this trip.) And now his had fallen down under the train.

As the trained pulled out of the station (RIP Britta bottle!) I pulled up MDE on my phone...and then something weird happened...I saw an almost-immediately-available FP for Soarin' for 8:10pm. I had loved Soarin' when we rode it the night before. And miraculously, the idea of rushing all the way back to Epcot tonight before the park closed at 9:00 to ride Soarin' once more was the first thing all evening that I felt myself getting excited about.

I told N there was a FP for Soarin', and he was like..."Ok." Lol.

He actually had the same and-your-point-is? look on his face as this giraffe, really:
9PrwvDw.gif

He didn't understand why that would matter at all to me at that point. Fair enough. Eventually I convinced him.

So yes, we skipped HEA, and left the park that was open until 11pm, to ride Soarin' at a park that was about to close.

So sue me.

(In the end, I'm actually 100% happy with this decision because it means that our very first time seeing HEA will be on our honeymoon, possibly even surrounded by my family, where we will have just eaten a wedding cake complete with a cake topper that says "Happily Ever After" and when we're about to begin our own "happily ever after" together. Now it seems right. At the time it was nuts.)

We monorailed to the TTC, left the car at the TTC because we probably wouldn't have made it before 9 otherwise, monorailed to Epcot, and arrived with time to spare...but then...

Remember Disney being broken?

EmTbB4e.gif

We were all ready to get off the monorail when it started moving again, just by a few feet. Then it stopped. Then moved back again. I'm not sure if it was a new driver, or if something was wrong with the monorail so that it wasn't lining up properly or catching with where the doors need to be to open, etc., but we continued to move back and forth by mere feet, back and forth...back and forth...continuously...for the entirety of four minutes. I timed it. (And sometimes four minutes can feel like an eternity. This was one of those times.) #DisneyIsBroken

vUeDot2.gif

When we finally got off the monorail, some people cheered, but some people in front of us were downright rude and jeered and swore at the driver and monorail CMs.

1z9py3K.gif

We went through security, and I was worried about them searching our popcorn bucket, which was full of my treasured maple popcorn. The security guard asked us to open it, and he was like, "Woah, there's popcorn in it! That never happens! They're always just empty! ...OMG it's the maple popcorn from the Magic Kingdom! Can I have some?" Ahaha

We slipped in to our FP with about 5 minutes to spare, and we were given the middle section. I asked the CM if we could wait for row 1, and she sent us over to the next CM in the right-hand section who had row 1 availability. I tried to explain that I'd rather just stay in the middle section instead regardless of which row we had to sit in, but N was bound and determined to go to the side section for row one, not understanding why it would be worse than the middle in terms of the whole drunk-Eiffel-tower issue.

Now I'm not proud of myself for this, but I started to have a very slight meltdown at this point. I was so tired, (I'd been travelling, and not sleeping, and getting heat-exhausted, and walking too much for four days now,) and I had dragged us away from HEA and MK for this one last ride, and I wanted it to be right. It was stupid, but tell that to sleepy Meghan and see if she's as reasonable as I am. (Spoiler alert: she's not. She never is.) Anyway, I finally got N to understand the superiority of the middle section, pathetically asked the CM if we could go back, she looked at me like she despised me to the very core of my being, but they let us not only go back but also wait for row 1 center.

And it was miraculous and exactly what we needed to end on a good note.

1cI35E4.jpg

The park was officially closed, but of course the shops were still open. I had shopping left to do for my little cousin's wedding welcome bag since Character Warehouse didn't work out for me, so I went to Mouse Gear while I had N go to Guest Relations and pilfer the last of our required "I'm Celebrating" buttons. Both ventures were successful, and the cousin will now be receiving one of those adorable kid's mouse ear hats and some other swag, but while N was waiting for me outside GR some kid ran into him at full speed, knocking the lid off the popcorn bucket and spilling half its contents. I don't know this kid, but to this day I hate him. And also his parents for doing nothing. I love maple popcorn.

Like, I love it.

HdG7yA6.gif

We went back to the TTC where we got on a tram in front of a man who persisted to smash a folded stroller into the back of my head. Hard. And not apologize. Not even say a word about it. (Even without knowing I have a brain condition, that's totally not cool.) I turned to look at him and he ignored me. I knew if I said anything to him about it at this point in the night that I wouldn't be able to do it politely and with the intent of educating him...I'd lose my ever-loving mind on him. So I just sat there. But sometimes I'm seriously astounded by the way people behave on vacation. Or anywhere, for that matter.

We drove back, sorted things a bit for morning, and fell asleep. It was a full day of ups and downs, but I wouldn't consider trading it.

Up next: a little Disney magic left—including one of my favourite things about the trip—and then it's time to go home.
I laugh... not because of what happened to you... but because of your reaction to all of it. What a DIS trooper! I am LOVING your reports!! I'm a newbie to yours. ;)

I laugh... not because of what happened to you... but because of your reaction to all of it. What a DIS trooper! I am LOVING your reports!! I'm a newbie to yours. ;)

:welcome: Thanks so much for diving into my trip reports! I'm having flashbacks to this trip now and all the fun (and less-fun) stuff that happened!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts