Get Fit For Disney!

L-Harper

DIS Veteran
This group was originally started by some September 2011 travelers, but others are more than welcome.

I was going to say on the other thread that I don't ever use the word diet. It just has such a negative tone to eat. No one likes dieting. All I'm doing is trying to eat healthier and get more active. Like this morning my boys and I went for an hour and a half walk. For lunch I had a salad with romaine lettuce, onions, small cubed cheese, turkey pastrami and light italian dressing. I also had a few tortilla chips with a bunch of salsa and 1 very small cookie with a giant glass of water. :)

I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs. by my September trip. I've already lost 15, but these last ten lbs. are proving the toughest!

I'm here!

I'm keeping my goal small at 15 pounds by August 31st.

A crisp romaine salad actually sounds pretty good right now. I'm trying to enjoy salads more. I'm a vegetarian, but one of the junk food kinds! haha.....

My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds overall, but I don't know if I'll be able to lose that much by September. I'd sure hope that I can lose at least 15 by then!

I would like to join you for sure. I am sick right now, so can't work out, but hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and I'll be able to get out (and up!:rotfl:). I'm reading a really good book from the library right now called Superfoods Lifestyle that is educating me on really great foods to choose. What are some of you doing to reach your goals?

What's everyone's favorite go-to healthy meal?

Mine is PBJ (w/ strawberry jelly). I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I often do and I'm having one right now!

Bread for whole wheat or whole grain benefits, the PB for protein and it keeps you feeling full, the jelly for a kick of sweetness to satisfy that sweet tooth. Perfect!

I'd also like for everyone to put there top favorite healthy snacks here. I'm thinking of updating the first post with our favorite snacks and other tips we discuss here.

I would like to join you for sure. I am sick right now, so can't work out, but hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and I'll be able to get out (and up!:rotfl:). I'm reading a really good book from the library right now called Superfoods Lifestyle that is educating me on really great foods to choose. What are some of you doing to reach your goals?
I generally try to watch portion control. I like eating pre-packaged tv dinners or yogurt cups, things where I can say, "This is breakfast, and no more..." Limiting snacking throughout the day. Things like that. Rocket science, right?

What are some of you doing to reach your goals?

No more baked goods beside bread (this is really hard for me because I love to bake, esp. cakes!), smaller portions, and exercising for at least half an hour every day but Sunday. I'm a vegetarian, and I've been trying to avoid those vegetarian junk meals like mac and cheese.

What's everyone's favorite go-to healthy meal?

Mine is PBJ (w/ strawberry jelly). I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I often do and I'm having one right now!

Veggie stew with a salad!

No more baked goods beside bread (this is really hard for me because I love to bake, esp. cakes!), smaller portions, and exercising for at least half an hour every day but Sunday. I'm a vegetarian, and I've been trying to avoid those vegetarian junk meals like mac and cheese.

Veggie stew with a salad!
Pre-made veggie stew or do you make it? What's in it?

I'm in.
I currently follow a whole food, plant based, starch centered, no added fat food plan. I have lost 22 pounds, would like to loose another 5-10lbs by our September trip. Before we go Dh and I get up to a 3 mile walk every day.

Favorite snacks: Fruit any kind and veggies.

The veggie stew I make has leeks, potatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and carrots. It doesn't sound like much, but once it all simmers together it's tasty! I'll post the recipe when I get home tonight if anyone's interested.

I'm here! I need help keeping motivated, if I have no one pushing me its too easy to give up.

Plus last year my dh had a health scare, more genetics than weight but it still got us moving a lot more!

I'm wanting to lose the 15 lbs I gained back from my weight loss last year, and hopefully lose another 10-15 before our September trip.

Food-wise I haven't done well today. I even forgot I am getting weighed tonight! :rolleyes:

However I did drag the kids out for a walk. I bribed them to Tim Hortons (10-pack timbits divided among them) and with 2-6/7 year olds that took just over an hour (2 miles round-trip).

My goals are to walk a whole lot more (5 kms / 3 miles daily). Drink a ton of water. Increase my fruits & veggies (so hard!), decrease my breads, and decrease fast food & junk food (even harder!). I found last year if I allowed myself a weekly fast food treat, I was able to stick with eating healthier the rest of the week.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to "mapmyrun". It lets you hightlight a route that you walk or run, and tells you how many kms or miles you did! I used it to map out routes that I walk on a regular basis so I can start adding up how far I walk weekly.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/?

I want to join too! I want to lose 40 lbs. I don't expect to lose all of it by our trip, but I'm going to try to lose as much as I can.

I'm having chicken tacos from the crockpot for dinner. Just chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning. It isn't too many calories.

I have been keeping track of my calories on my smartphone. It worked for me for a couple months last summer, but then we went on vacation, and it all went downhill from there. :rolleyes1

To help with this journey, I use the free tools at www.FitDay.com.

You can enter foods you've eaten in a Food Journal, write down thoughts in a regular Daily Journal, track your weight progress and goals, see how many calories you need to eat each day based on your goal, etc., etc. They offer alot of different tools, reports, and graphs to help you!

I made it over from the other thread!!!

I was recently looking at pictures from our last trip and I cringe when I see myself. I want to enjoy looking back on these memories!!

So...I've been trying portion control and moderation. I also bought a treadmill and I've been trying to walk every other day. It is amazing when I bump up te incline how fast the calories burned adds up!!!

I've lost 4 lbs so far!!!

We can do this!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!