Get Fit For Disney!

Followed over from September 2011, I would love to lose 25-30 lbs. I lost about 15 last summer and gain half back now I really want to get it off and maintain it.

Yesterday wasn't too bad a day. I say "too bad" because I was good for breakfast & lunch, and took the kids on a 1.5 mile hike to a couple of banks and back. Then DH twisted my arm and we ate dinner at a Chinese Buffet. :goodvibes

Today I'll bribe the kids with timbits for a 2 mile walk. :goodvibes

Yesterday wasn't too bad a day. I say "too bad" because I was good for breakfast & lunch, and took the kids on a 1.5 mile hike to a couple of banks and back. Then DH twisted my arm and we ate dinner at a Chinese Buffet. :goodvibes

Today I'll bribe the kids with timbits for a 2 mile walk. :goodvibes

Well I went "bust" yesterday had pizza and a very small slice of cake. Soon as I ate the cake I was mad at myself for doing so.

Our local Chinese Buffet is my weakness, I think I need to go get it out of my system today and then I can start over tomorrow with my diet

Today I am taking the kids to Disney on Ice! Anyone know if they healthy snacks there? :rotfl2::rotfl: I think I am going to go out this morning and get some meal replacement bars to take with me, I think I might look crazy if I walk in with a bowl of salad :lmao:

Well I went "bust" yesterday had pizza and a very small slice of cake. Soon as I ate the cake I was mad at myself for doing so.

Our local Chinese Buffet is my weakness, I think I need to go get it out of my system today and then I can start over tomorrow with my diet
Reese's peanut butter eggs did me in yesterday, and I'm off to a birthday party in a few minutes (pizza and cake!). Guess I'll try again tomorrow!

And for the record, Easter is so late this year that it's a really long time between Valentine's and Easter Day. It just means all that candy will be out for an extremely long time. Ughh!!! :eek:

I am having issues with Fridays as I have never liked fish. I know fish is really good for you so what fish would anyone recommend for someone who doesn't really like it, especailly the smell?

I mainly stick with tilapia and salmon. Of course my favorite is fried whitefish, but that isn't diet friendly!

Yeah, your dh has the opposite problem! At least Brian needs to lose some although not as much as me!

I really like Special K, they have lots of varieties.

I'm really picky about my fish. We usually only eat what the boys catch. Where do you buy your salmon? Our fresh salmon is long gone!

I know, Scott can't gain weight when he is trying! So frustrating!

I just buy fish at Family Fare usually. I don't have the boys catching anything we can eat. Our pond doesn't grow them that big!

I think I really got tired of fish around my high school years. I have fond memories of our "fish frys" when we were kids, but the older I got, the more tired of fish I got. I started to dread those white bags of fish in the freezer, and the jars of salmon in the basement! :laughing: I do remember my dad grilling salmon with bbq sauce, and it was really good, but mine never turns out as good.

You don't look 40! Besides, I'm not that far behind, and I sure don't feel as old as I am.

Count me in! I have 10lbs to lose...again. I always seem to gain it all back over the winter. :headache:

Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred? I started it last year and only did 4 days of it due to finding out I was pregnant... but it totally kicked my butt and I loved it!

I can't wait until the doc clears me to work out at my 6-week PP appointment so I can start this again!

I did it last spring and not only lost 13lbs. but also went down 2 sizes, which never happened before. It totally changed my body. Of course I gained everything back over the winter so I desperately need to get back on track. I threw away all my "fat" clothes so I now have nothing to wear once the weather starts to warm up, which is happening way too fast since I'm now in TX.

Anyway, I started last weekend watching what I'm eating, I'm tracking it all on sparkpeople. My DH and I also started walking and this week I'm going to start doing the 30 day shred.

Last year we had a Biggest Loser Challenge at work so that helped tremendously, I need some accountability or I'll get lazy.

Count me in! I have 10lbs to lose...again. I always seem to gain it all back over the winter. :headache:

I did it last spring and not only lost 13lbs. but also went down 2 sizes, which never happened before. It totally changed my body. Of course I gained everything back over the winter so I desperately need to get back on track. I threw away all my "fat" clothes so I now have nothing to wear once the weather starts to warm up, which is happening way too fast since I'm now in TX.

Anyway, I started last weekend watching what I'm eating, I'm tracking it all on sparkpeople. My DH and I also started walking and this week I'm going to start doing the 30 day shred.

Last year we had a Biggest Loser Challenge at work so that helped tremendously, I need some accountability or I'll get lazy.

Wow, I lost 50 lbs last year and only went down 2 sizes! That's great! (During a biggest loser contest at work, too!) I use Sparkpeople too, when I am religious about using it is when I lose the most. Unfortunately lately I haven't been. I need to get back to that, and kick up the exercise, too. Luckily I only gained back 10 of those over the holidays, but I still have way more than that to lose. Did pretty good this weekend, although we did go out for Indian food last night. :rolleyes1

Following from September 2011 Thread as well! I am a very goal oriented person and seeing that others are too, and working toward their goals helps keep me on track for mine! I definitely need to be eating better and exercising more. And i know it can't all be done over night so I've made some small changes in the last two years and have kept to them, like eating breakfast everyday and not buying pop anymore to have in the house....now its time to keep going further with it!

Can't wait to share some recipes! I am ready to try quick pickling (cucumbers in vinegar-usually I just like them with salt) and the veggie stew recipe posted!

"What is tilapia? The sweet orange spiced part sounds good."

Sorry, things got a little busy! Tilapia is a mild white fish that comes in fillets and is very quick to cook and takes flavors well. The sweet orange is made with 2TB brown sugar, 1 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp of: grated orange rind, cumin, paprika and ground coriander. Then a little salt and pepper. Rub 4 fish fillets with the spice rub and broil on a pan coated with cooking spray about 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily.

It's sweet and spicy and paired very well with brown rice and broccoli.

We figured out whole wheat crust for pizza for my sister. Oh and corn tostadas. She was so happy because they felt like "junk" food but she knew they weren't!

The whole wheat pizza crust was Wolfgang Puck's recipe and it made 4 pretty good sized pizzas (I was only able to eat half of one), and we added a little garlic powder and cooking spray around the edges to help them brown.

The tostadas were corn tortillas coated in cooking spray and baked about 5-6 minutes at 450 degrees (they were starting to bubble and curl at the edges). Then we put two Tablespoons of rinsed black beans, some 2% cheddar (2 TB) some pickled jalepenos and popped them back in the hot oven til the cheese melted. We cut the corn tortillas into quarters (crispy melty goodness) and topped with homemade guacamole and salsa.

We worked it out to about 150 calories per tostada and two of them made a light meal.

Take that Taco Bell!:cool1:

Hey L-Harper! I found your pre-trip report, but my computer's acting goofy and won't let me post to it. Go figure!

My crew will be at Kidani Village from September 11-September 16th! We rented points from a close friend who has a DVC membership. She wasn't going to be able to use all her points this year, so we paid her and will be in a 2 bedroom savannah view at Kidani! I am so excited!

This will be the first time the kids DS who will be 3 and DD 8 have ever stayed on property! I know you're going to love it!

It's going to be my 10th wedding anniversary while we are there and my 38th birthday!:cheer2:

I was sick when I joined this thread back on page one and am still sick. On my second round of antibiotics! But hopefully, I'll soon be able to get back to walking. And everything else for that matter!

I lost 53 pounds on Nuitrisystems, but it was so expensive and on top of that, I had to buy a lot of other stuff. It works b/c of portions I think. It was easy and I loved the simplicity of the meals, but I realize I have to find something that I can do for the rest of my life. I have since gained the weight back and need to lose 50 lbs. I'm hoping for 30 before Disney in September, but I know that's a lot.

I have cut out processed foods and am trying to buy organic and concentrate on foods that are good for me that I can live with. But it's so expensive! We are certainly not encouraged by manufacturers to eat more heathy foods by the crazy prices! I'm trying to be more aware of omega 3 foods and making sure I get enough water every day.

I love to hear the success stories. It really makes me happy for others and encourages me. I have a DH who totally supports me in my efforts and does not do anything to sabotage me. He's one of those who can eat whatever and not gain. Uhhhhh!

I want to encourage everyone to keep trying. Don't let mistakes spoil everything, just begin again. We're in this together.

It's definitely a one day at a time process. My big issue is fast food. I adore burgers and fries but making them at home is hard because I have an aversion to touching ground beef and the smell of it cooking makes me nauseous.

I've been trying to make do with kids meals whenever possible and bringing my lunch more often so that I'm not as tempted to "drive thru".

The other problem is that I have an 8 year old and 2 year old who are both picky eaters. It's become like a battlefield every night over dinner and it makes me so tired. I fought with my son for over an hour and he just refused to eat his spaghetti so I finally just gave up. He normally likes spaghetti.

I need to exercise more and Lent is good because I've given up the extra 400 calories per night in wine I usually drink! I think when Lent is over I'm going to try a box wine so that I can't justify drinking half the bottle by saying "well it'll go sour in two days if I don't"! I don't want to give it up entirely since it's so relaxing to have a glass while cooking dinner...but I have to reduce the intake!

I am going to expound on what Elianor said about alcoholic drinks of any kind. I gained in college because of them-so did my bf...and we, being in WI, enjoy a couple of beers *or more* every now and then. I have to try harder to stick to the 64 calorie beer or try seltzer and flavored vodka to cut calories. Have two stick thin friends who swear by it...along with all their time on the tread mill :lmao:!
Arms are a big one for me,,I have no upper body strength. So tonight I used leg weights that were sitting around the house to start toning my arms. 5 sets of 10 tonight to start. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Yay! Down a pound!

My sister (the reason for this diet in the first place) is visiting my mom before she heads back to Georgia and is experimenting with grilled tuna steaks. I am making the sweet orange rub with chicken tonight to see how it does. I don't know how her weight is going yet, but she's only cheated once (on bbq) and no fries! I am so proud of her.

I need to start using weights on my arms too. I have the middle aged mommy flab right across the underside of my arm which is *SO* not attractive in short sleeves. Is 5 sets of 10 a good place to start? What weight are you using?

I feel like a hypocrite. I have not been very good at all about watching what I've been eating. :( I think a bit of it is nervous/stress eating. I also need to get some ideas of good healthy snacks to have too. POP, pop oh how I hate you, but love you so so much... I have been doing A LOT better with pop, but I gave in this morning and got a coke from McDonald's. I didn't get anything else, just the pop. Why does losing weight have to be so darn hard?! :scared1:

It's definitely a one day at a time process. My big issue is fast food. I adore burgers and fries but making them at home is hard because I have an aversion to touching ground beef and the smell of it cooking makes me nauseous.

I've been trying to make do with kids meals whenever possible and bringing my lunch more often so that I'm not as tempted to "drive thru".

The other problem is that I have an 8 year old and 2 year old who are both picky eaters. It's become like a battlefield every night over dinner and it makes me so tired. I fought with my son for over an hour and he just refused to eat his spaghetti so I finally just gave up. He normally likes spaghetti.

I need to exercise more and Lent is good because I've given up the extra 400 calories per night in wine I usually drink! I think when Lent is over I'm going to try a box wine so that I can't justify drinking half the bottle by saying "well it'll go sour in two days if I don't"! I don't want to give it up entirely since it's so relaxing to have a glass while cooking dinner...but I have to reduce the intake!

Wow, I don't drink alcohol very often. I never realized it was so many calories. :scared1: That would not be good for weight loss! Yikes!

My DH gave up fast food for lent. Which is great for me because I usually only get it when I'm with him.

I have been doing great all month on keeping track of my calories. I think the smart phone app is what is keeping me motivated. The graph is green unless you go over your calories. I don't want it to turn red, so I keep myself within my goals.

I really need to get more active though. My DS has been running with me a little each night. We just started this past weekend, and I can't run very far! I'm in really bad shape. I really didn't want to do it last night, but DS kept bugging me. He is great at motivating me.

I am lucky that I like diet coke! The fully leaded leaves a weird coating on my tongue that freaks me out! But a glass of dark red wine, now that is truly my downfall. They're like potato chips, you can't drink just one! L-Harper, just plan for one if you know you are going to drink it anyway!

The calorie count is at the McDonald's website, so you know how many calories to work off. It can be your dessert! Don't give up the things you love to lose weight because it just sets you up to fail. It seems to me that the key is portion control and balance.

Snacks, hmm. I love popcorn (Alton Brown puts the corn in a paperbag, seals it with tape and presses the microwave popcorn button, voila, airpopped popcorn no added chemicals/flavorings.) I also do alot of soups/stews as snacks. A cup of most soups (non cream based) is low in calories, but very filling (like a mini meal).

Mickey Pooh, you are so lucky to have someone that motivates you out the door! I have an elliptical, but I haven't been on it in months.:confused3

Keeping to the whole grain, few processed foods, no white bread/potatoes/rice diet that my sister has to live by now has motivated me to find more ways of making things I know I love (burgers, fries, chinese food, mexican) in ways that are healthy enough to eat every day.

You just wait, I'm going to be 130 pounds at Disney in September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter