Get Fit For Disney!

I have been eating good this week but my lack of exercise is awful :confused3 I really don't enjoy the treadmill and have just been able to run outside again and then woke up to a snowstorm:scared1:so to avoid the treadmill I stayed far away from it today and cleaned (it's my day off-woot woot) Oh weather man please co-operate:worship:

Most of my exercise is housework too. Go to work, come home, cook dinner, chase kids, do dishes, wash clothes, and on...and on...and on...

I love my family but they are nutsy. DS just wished me a merry Christmas and asked me to read aloud from the disboards to him. I love toddlers.

Most of my exercise is housework too. Go to work, come home, cook dinner, chase kids, do dishes, wash clothes, and on...and on...and on...

I love my family but they are nutsy. DS just wished me a merry Christmas and asked me to read aloud from the disboards to him. I love toddlers.

One of my favorite things to do with the kids is put on the music and dance! My toddler loves it, he says "shake a booty!" And you can do it while you are cooking, cleaning, doing laundry. :cool1:

Our little boy is 2 and he sings Soul Sister and Cheeseburger in Paradise!
He love to dance too, I think it's the age, they just don't feel self conscious about anything!

Anyway, whenever he sees me with the computer he runs up and demands to see the WDW site so he can watch the "movies". The ads they have on their site are his favorite.

I have a new cookbook I got from QVC. It's titled: Eat What you Love. She has taken all the foods we love and re-worked them to have at least half the calories, fat, sodium etc. Everything I've done from it has been fabulous! (and easy) I think the hardest thing is to get motivated to cook something new after a long, stressful day. We usually just rely on old (fattening) stand-bys. At least I do.

You ladies sound so busy with your little ones and work. I have no excuse to skip exercise since I'm an empty nester and work from home very occasionally. I'm finally feeling human again after being sick for nearly two weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to start walking again soon.:thumbsup2

Keep up the good work everyone! It's not only one day at a time, it is sometimes one minute at a time when temptation strikes. Be prepared.:flower3:

Glad you're starting to feel better! I don't think it's easier for "empty nesters" though. I am pretty sure my kids keep me thinner than I would normally be on my own. (Chasing DS down to pry the lint he's contstantly trying to eat is just one activity that burns my calories off!)

What is your favorite recipe from the cookbook you mentioned, and would you be willing to share it?

I joined weight watchers on Friday, its been rough! I am feeling pretty weak and hungry. I think it may have something to do with my hypoglycemia but I am trying to be really careful to spread out my points so I don't every really crash.

I am down 1 pound though :thumbsup2

I am soooo in this!
I want to lose 50 lbs, but not expecting to lose it before our mid Sept trip. I just want to focus on being able to walk around the world and see everything I can, because its going to be our first time seeing it, and because we live 2000 miles away, probably not going back for at least 5 years or so.

I plan on walking our new puppy every day after he gets all his shots, but i follow him around all day in the house anyway, but some clean Oregon air is just what i need to stay healthy:cutie:

We stopped eating out/fast food, but more of a what-can-we-give-up-to-afford-a-trip than a means of losing weight, but it is a bonus!

DH likes the raw food diet, where he eats a calculated amount of fresh fruits and veggies, and while i like that diet/lifestyle, it has its cons. I can't go full 100% without having MASSIVE cravings, but for snacks and one meal a day i can do it. I also like the meal replacement shakes for breakfast since i am not really a breakfast eater.

sorry about the life story!:guilty: I think I need to put my plan on here so I am held to it!

We stopped eating out/fast food, but more of a what-can-we-give-up-to-afford-a-trip than a means of losing weight, but it is a bonus!

DH likes the raw food diet, where he eats a calculated amount of fresh fruits and veggies, and while i like that diet/lifestyle, it has its cons. I can't go full 100% without having MASSIVE cravings, but for snacks and one meal a day i can do it. I also like the meal replacement shakes for breakfast since i am not really a breakfast eater.

Last year we stopped the fast food bit for the same reasons. I didn't want to waste the money when we were going to Disney, and DH & I wanted to lose weight. It worked out well for us, but the kids had a hard time with it. ;) We limited them to 2 kid's meals at McD's twice a month. After our trip, that started creeping up and we're cutting fast food out again.

One thing however. My DH has Fridays off (Sun-Thurs) and the kids are still in school. So we treated ourselves at lunch each Friday. It helped keep my cravings under control knowing that I could have a burger & fries or something come Friday! :thumbsup2

We're starting that up again, only this time I'll stick to purchasing the kids meal only at DQ. Smaller portion of food, fulfils my craving, and I'm saving the ice-cream treat coupon for the kids. During the summer the kids & I will walk to DQ weekly so they can redeem a couple for a free ice-cream treat. That will make them happy! And add another 2 1/4 miles to my weekly walk!

I'm such a meat & bread person. It's hard cutting down the bread especially, but it works! We also drink a meal replacement shake for breakfast. Works great for us! DH is always in a rush to work (he prefers to sleep as long as possible), and I'm trying to get 5 kids fed & off to school (my own & daycare). I have something small once I get back to school and wait until lunch to actually eat.

On the bright side, Thursday nights are my weigh-in nights. And I lost 2.2 lbs this week! :goodvibes

Glad you're starting to feel better! I don't think it's easier for "empty nesters" though. I am pretty sure my kids keep me thinner than I would normally be on my own. (Chasing DS down to pry the lint he's contstantly trying to eat is just one activity that burns my calories off!)

What is your favorite recipe from the cookbook you mentioned, and would you be willing to share it?

Absolutely willing to share! There are a lot a great recipes but my favorite so far is Best Oven-Fried Chicken. It looks complicated, due to all the spices that makes the ingredient list pretty long. But it is simple and really gives that great crunch we all love. I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cook it for 30 to 35 minutes. They call for bone in which is cheaper and I plan to try that next time.

2 lg egg whites
1/2 tsp garlic pdr
1/2 tsp onion pdr
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp gr. sage
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 1/4 cups corn flake cereal
1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tblsp all-purpose flour
1 1/2 lbs. skinned chicken pieces

Preheat oven to 400 Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.

In a shallow bowl, whisk tog the egg whites with the garlic pdr, onion pdr, cayenne, sage and thyme.

Place the cereal in a plastic bag and crush thoroughly with a rolling pin. (I just go ahead and use the boxed corn flake crumbs) Place in a shallow bowl and mix together with the bread crumbs, pepper and salt.

Place the flour in a third shallow bowl. (I always need more flour for some reason.)

To bread the chicken pieces, first dredge the chicken in the flour to coat. Next, dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, followed by the crumb mixture, making sure to cover all surfaces. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.

Place the chicken pieces on the prepared rack and bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and registers 180 when testd with a meat thermometer in the thickest part.

Calories: 255, Carbs 13g, sugar 1g, total fat 8g (sat fat 2g), Protein 32g, sodium 325mg

Food exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch
Carbohydrate choices - 1
WW point comparison - 6

Neat recipe. I've done something similar but never with just egg whites and I haven't dredged in flour first...I wonder if that helps keep the coating on? My kids *love* chicken nuggets so I can probably adjust this to work for that.

Kid's meals are the way to go with fast food! You get just enough to satisfy the craving but the calories are manageable.

I splurged yesterday on half a burger at Ecco lounge (a neat bar here in Jefferson City, MO) and half an order of German potato nachos. It really upset my stomach though and I had a hard time sleeping. I've noticed that when I eat a bit too much, I get a horrible feeling (like I swallowed a softball and it's lodged against my solar plexis).

Oh, and the sweet orange rub which was so fabulous on tilapia, was totally MEH on chicken. The rub was developed for salmon and it was wonderful on tilapia but the chicken just didnt' compliment the flavor at all. :confused3

Finally, I love life stories!!! I get to know new people all over the country who also love disney!

Finally, I love life stories!!! I get to know new people all over the country who also love disney!
:) awesome! I'm really glad I found this forum! It's more than helping plan our first trip to the world. Its meeting amazing people with similar interests and goals :cloud9: But i need to do less of this : :surfweb: and more of this :yay:

The one thing that motivates me to eat better is when i work out i try and estimate how much calories i burn. When I see how small that number is in comparison to the fast food meal, it makes me think "did i just spend an hour working out to GAIN weight by eating this? :sad2:"

[I've been busy and am out of the loop a bit!!! :laundy: Do we have a weigh in day??? (not revealing our weight)...just to keep us on track? I weighed myself this morning........same :scared1: I must get ready for work, I 'll check back later. I hope everyone has a great day....stay focused, weekends are hard popcorn::

[I've been busy and am out of the loop a bit!!! :laundy: Do we have a weigh in day??? (not revealing our weight)...just to keep us on track? I weighed myself this morning........same :scared1: I must get ready for work, I 'll check back later. I hope everyone has a great day....stay focused, weekends are hard popcorn::

I weighed myself this morning too. I was down 1 more pound. Which means I have met my march goal. :banana:

Now on to my April goal!! I really need to stay motivated!

:rolleyes:[/I just can't psyc myself ro go on the treadmill (it's too c-c-c-cold outside...snow) so i did my Physique 57 30 minute workout.....it's not too bad. What does everyone else do??SIZE]

I use an elliptical and walk our German Shepherd mix in the evenings. Keeping him on the road and not haring off through the woods after deer/rabbits/squirrels/birds etc. is a heck of a workout!

I also count cleaning my house. I figure I'm on my feet moving and bending so it has to count for something, yes?

I am not so good with workout tapes. I feel self conscious with the family around and my kids are always trying to squeeze in and do whatever I'm doing....which is problematic when you are trying to work out and all of a sudden your eight year old is right next to you trying to copy your movements!

I'm down about 3 pounds overall since the end of last month, which is great considering the work stress I've been under lately. (The budget resolutions have been affecting the work of alot of non-profit agencies.) We just don't know if we will be de-funded, have level funding, or face a partial cut. It's hard to know what to plan for right now.

I have a pretty good attitude, but my spouse has a job with that would support us if something happened to my income and many of my collegues aren't in the same place financially.

I think I will splurge on pasta tonight (and a spinach salad).

Good for you!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Dairy Queen is my downfall. I LOVE ice cream! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

Thanks. Ironically I can take it or leave it when it comes to ice cream. :) I'm so glad DQ has the new mini blizzards here now. They are just my size. Even though I don't have one often. Every Friday I'm craving my kids' size cheeseburger & onion rings, and lemon-lime artic rush! :rotfl:

[Do we have a weigh in day??? (not revealing our weight)...just to keep us on track? I weighed myself this morning........same :scared1:

That sounds like a good idea. I currently get weighed Thursdays and have to keep reminding myself 2 more days - no fast food & no snacks! :rotfl:

Ohh, mail just arrived. I wonder if there's anything good in it today. Yesterday my DS7 (on the 3rd) received his yearly b-day card from Pizza Pizza. I totally forgot about it! He was thrilled. He not only received the usual coupon for a free slice & drink, but a little board game with it. I'm happy the coupon is extended to the end of the year instead of just 1 month.

I haven't told my daughter yet, but this will be her last year for free pizza & drink from Pizza Pizza as she's turning 12. :scared1: When the heck did she get so old???

wow, it's gotten quiet out here. Anyone need some motivation?

We made it through the predicted snow and it's supposed to clear up and be in the mid 50s here in mid-Missouri today. I plan to get out in my yard and burn some calories picking up sticks to prepare for...mowing! Pretty soon now, the grass is going to come up and require cutting!

I have to pick up milk at the store so I am going to have tostadas for dinner tonight. (Corn tortillas sprayed with cooking spray and baked at 450 til crisp, then topped with black beans and a little 2% cheese and popped back in to melt, then served with fresh pico.) It's healthy nachos!

Weight is holding steady but this weekend is going to be a mad rush of projects so I anticipate a small loss! I am only 6 pounds away from my goal at this point.:woohoo:

Yeah, I haven't really been trying at all! I find it so much easier to be motivated in warm, sunny weather. So I kind of keep waiting for that to happen! We were teased with great weather for a little while, but now it's dark and raining today and tomorrow. I need my sunshine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter