Getaway Today on property hotel reservations

Princess Melody

Mouseketeer
If you book a room at one of the three on property Disneyland Hotels through Getaway Today, what kind of a room/view do you get? Is it just a standard room and view? I can't find this information anywhere on their website. Their prices are the best but I really want a view room (and places like Expedia specify view vs nonview), so if Getaway Today only books you in a standard room I will book elsewhere.

You get a standard room for the price, but they have also gotten me view rooms. They will call Disney to get a quote while I'm on the phone so no need to wait. I LOVE Getaway Today!

Once you book with Getawaytoday, you get a hotel confirmation number for the hotel. I call the hotel directly then and deal with the front desk. I've arranged gift baskets, connecting rooms, room upgrades and adding concierge.

We've used Getaway Today twice, and it is a standard view room that they can book for you. However, I have to say that once we got to the DLH, we asked for a pool view (which is considered a standard view) and it was awesome and beautiful! There's nothing like being able to look down over that gorgeous Neverland Pool! :sunny:

Of course, that's at the DLH. If you want to stay at Paradise Pier or the Grand Californian, an upgrade to a view room may be worth it for you. You should be able to arrange an upgrade fairly easily I would think. Of course, the best way to find out is to just call Getaway Today on the phone and ask them if they can book you a view room. If they say "no", then you know you'll want to book through someone else. Their number is 1-866-386-8747 :thumbsup2

There's a standard room (least expensive), which typically refers to a 1-King or 2-Queen bed room overlooking a parking lot or the city, and a standard 'view' room, which is the same room type but has either pool or resort view, and costs more.

You can book a standard room, and then at arrival ask for an upgrade to a view room (for free.) If the hotel isn't too busy, you might get it! If the hotel is busy, it is less likely you will get a view room. View rooms are obviously more popular, particularly the resort view rooms.

However, the only way to guarantee a view room is to book that and pay extra. Also, if you have a preference for pool view or resort view, call the hotel and have them note it on your reservation. They can't guarantee your request, only that you'll get a view room (because you've paid for it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter