Getting back to Disney after a RCL Cruise

krysenchips

Mouseketeer
Hi All!

I don't know if this has been answered somewhere else, and if so Sorry! But I'm cruising on the Oasis next April and will be following up the cruise with a couple of days at WDW. What kinds of transport are available going from the port to the resort?

Are Uber, car rental, or car service my only options?

Thanks in Advance!

Krys

I would think that's it.

I suppose that if a DCL ship is in you could transfer terminals and get a ME to WDW, but that seems like an overly complicated solution.

Thanks! I'm going to keep looking around and have my TA look into it as well. But we'll probably end up using a car service. I have plenty of time to figure it out as the trip isn't until the end of April.

We've always used Alamo after our cruise in Port Canaveral for a one way rental. We pick it up right near the port and drive to WDW and drop the car off at the alamo car rental location at the swan & dolphin. Easy, cheap, fast and convenient. Full size cars can easily be found for under $100 and we like having the car so as can make a post cruise grocery run for snacks, water, beer, breakfast items, etc.

DCL transfers and Disney Magical Express are two different things. DME is free from airport to WDW and back, DCL transfers are only available to DCL cruisers, must be booked in advance, and costs $35 per person. If you aren't getting off of a Disney ship you won't be able to use it.

I don't know if RCL does any kind of airport transportation but if it were the cheapest option then you could take that to the airport and book DME to your hotel. That will easily add an hour to your trip though and getting a ride from port to WDW will be your fastest option.

Hi All!

I don't know if this has been answered somewhere else, and if so Sorry! But I'm cruising on the Oasis next April and will be following up the cruise with a couple of days at WDW. What kinds of transport are available going from the port to the resort?

Are Uber, car rental, or car service my only options?

Thanks in Advance!

Krys
You can transfer terminals.

Royal has paid shuttles to mco. It's about the same as the post Disney cruise transfer. Pre arrange dme from the airport and there ya go. Sounds annoying to me, but then I grew up with a greyhound driver dad and coach buses being back blah memories of weekend visits when he "forgot" to ask for the weekend off. Not everyone has that specific issue lol.

You can't take a post Disney cruise transfer if you haven't been on a Disney cruise.

There are also shuttle companies that exist. Google is likely your friend for that.

A variety of shuttles, car rental, car&driver rental, cab, lyft, Uber...there's a plethora of ways to get back.

Thanks everyone! We are more than likely just going to rent a car at the port and use it for our week at Disney and return it to MCO as we leave.

many shuttle companies ...

cocoa beach shuttle or executive shuttle off the top of my head ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter