Getting conflicting answers?

Officially, it's one or the other.

In practice - some people have been reporting that they've gotten both, but it's inconsistent.

Agree. Officially, you can't get a Coke and a mixed drink. But many restaurants will offer that. I never really tried. If I ordered a mixed drink, then I also ordered water. I think some place (can't remember) let me get an iced tea and a mixed drink.

Does regular dining plan include a regular drink plus alcoholic drink or instead of?

We were on the DxDP and did not have any issues ordering both, my wife asked for iced tea and an alcoholic drink each time, this was for sit down type of meals, Ronto Roasters had the alcohol drinks with no issues....

I htink some of the table service restaurants ill offer a soft beverage as well. I was given coffee after dinner and I do nto remember ever getting charged for it.

Most character meals and dinner shows include beverages: Hoop Dee Doo, Be Our Guest, Garden Grill, etc. So there you can have an alcoholic beverage in addition to your soft drink. If dining in a resort just bring your mug and fill up. Anywhere else ask and hope. I don't think it would be an issue at most table service restaurants.

I haven’t had any issues getting a soda or something similar in addition to an alcoholic beverage at any TS while on the DP.

No trouble with mixed drinks at Le cellier and sci for and some sea food place at Epcot or terlina

We never ask for or anticipate double drinks on the DDP (I usually ask for a glass of water aside a mixed drink). But in our experience at TS during September 2019, our servers frequently offered an iced tea or soft drink for free, after one of us had finished our adult beverage. And at Flying Fish we were given free coffee with our desert, after having had mixed drinks with dinner (but the server did mention this is not always the case on the DDP, and we did indeed pay oop for a press pot of coffee at a different TS restaurant). So if/when you are given a second beverage free-of-charge along side an adult beverage, consider it a magical moment or extra bit of pixie dust. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts