Getting Old Sucks

mcjaco

Kelp!
So last Sunday, I was asked if I wanted to play basketball with some guys from the neighborhood. I hadn't played in almost ten years, but used to play all the time through my early thirties (I'm 43 now).

Short story, the very last game (I played four 15 minute games), I tore my right calf muscle and ruptured my right achilles tendon. I go in for surgery on Tuesday morning. As my banner shows, I have a WDW vacation planned in about two months. Doc says I'll be weight bearing by then, but wondering if any of you fine DisDads have had the same procedure, and how long your recovery was.

My wife is none to thrilled at the thought of needing a wheelchair or EVC for this trip.

Sorry for the injury, but just to let you know it does not get any easier. I had not gone through the operation you are about to have, but I will say a prayer for successful surgery and quick healing. Take care.

Sorry to hear about your injury. While I can't claim to have suffered anything so severe, I can relate to the "getting old sucks" part.
I'm 41 and I still play softball on weekends. Even though I'm active (bike/swim/gym) 5-7 days a week, playing leaves me pretty sore for the remainder of that night and evening. I'm also dealing with physical therapy for biceps tendinitis and golfer's elbow, both which have limited what I can do at the gym.

I hope your surgery and recovery are a success, and I hope your wife becomes understanding of the need for a chair or ECV if warranted.

WOW! I sorry you got hurt, well, I will say a prayer for you for a speedy recovery.

While I've not had any major injuries like that, I can certainly relate to "getting old sucks." I'm 49 and have had desk jobs for a good 15 + years. Well, earlier this year I found myself unemployed. I currently have a temp job working in the stock room of a local manufacturing company. Because of my job, I find myself doing a lot of standing, something my body obviously wasn't prepared for and is certainly voicing its displeasure. After three weeks on the job, my feet still hurt, though not as much as after the first day, and one leg. Now, why one leg? Couldn't tell you, but it's annoying. My sister, who's a nurse, says my IT band is tight and needs stretching, which I'm working on, but this never use to happen. *sigh* Sucks getting old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!