getting our point info on website

amberella

Earning My Ears
I wish there was a way we could access our point information online. Sometimes I forget just how many points I have, and it would be great to get this online vs. having to call to get it. We go to WDW several times a year; sometimes we bank points and sometimes we borrow. I never can keep up with my exact amount.

I have been hoping for this for several years. I have even emailed member services to inquire why this is not available. It's amusing - they ignore my questions on this subject, but answer me promptly on everything else I ask about.

You could always create a spread sheet to keep track of your points. I wrote a VB program for doing it, but I wrote it when I owned at one resort, now I own at 3, so I'm in the process of re-writing it. Anyhow, You could always email member services and ask your point balance, they should answer you in a couple of days.

But, I agree, I can't wait till we are able to check our point balance on-line. Hopefully, it won't be by contract, with 17 different contracts, that might take some learning on my part.:( But, I'm up for the challenge!

I find the point tracking chart in the old ring binder to be very helpful. I intend to continue to use it. I usually write down the dates on my planning chart. ie, March use year, what date ressie needs to be made, number of points for ressie, number remaining, and when they need to be banked if I don't use them. I have a quick visual reference that way.

I'm sure that it is possible for DVC to implement a system that would allow us to see our points online. They could also implement a system that would allow us to check availability online. And if they really wanted to, they could probably implement a system that would allow us to make reservations online.

However, it takes money and time to implement these types of systems. In the long run it comes down to what is the best solution for members. It might turn out that an online system is the cheapest cost wise for the members. Then again it could turn out to be more expensive. Would we as members be willing to pay extra for such a system? Having been involved in developing some customer self-service applications, I know that he cost for developing these types of systems easily runs into the millions of dollars. Also, there is the cost for additional computer systems that need to be purchased, the extra system management of those systems, plus they would most likely still need to keep a significant portion of the current Member Services staff to handle those people who do not want to do everything online or who are in a place where they do not have access to a computer.

Personally, I'm all in favor of such a system. However, I wouldn't want to pay substantially higher dues for such a system. So, like most things in business, it comes down to the cost/benefit analysis. Is the benefit worth the cost? Without DVC doing some initial planning of this system, it is impossible to know how much it would impact our dues. I would hope that this type of system would eventually reduce the costs, but it really is hard to say until the research is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter