Getting Overwhelmed - Freedom of the Seas

pezgirlroy

DIS Veteran
We are looking to do the 7 night Southern on the Freedom of the Seas at the end of July. This is parents only. Can folks share with me what is included on board? I know that most drinks are not. What is the price for the deluxe beverage package? Honestly I am just getting very overwhelmed and find the website not helpful at all. Also how does the my time dining work? Thanks.

All the basics are included on board, so you don’t have to pay any extra except for soda,alcohol, some extra restaurants. But the main dining rooms and Windjammer buffet are included. Check your cruise planner for beverage package prices, every ship is different.
My TIme Dining is dining any time between 5:30 and 9 or 9:30. You can either make a reservation for any time between those two, or just show up and wait for a table. We always eat early, so I make our reservations on the cruise planner before we board. You can also make them daily on board by either calling, going in person, or using the app.

Freedom is one of our favorites and we love the Southern itineraries. The deluxe beverage package is currently priced at $50 per day (plus 18% gratuity) for our March 2020 sailing. I expect it will come down a bit before then. There isn't a downside to purchasing a package, internet or excursion since you can always cancel and rebook at a lower rate if the price drops.

You might also try the Royal Caribbean forum at Cruise Critic. Lot's of helpful information to help with planning, expectations, etc.

I have been reading and watching videos from Royalcaribbeanblog.com. There are short videos on what is included, what to do, whether the drink package is worth it, etc. Plus, you can download recent Navigators, which are the daily newsletter with activities.

My Wife and I are not big drinkers, so we do not purchase drink packages. We find plenty to drink in the buffet area (water, coffee, juices). In the Southern Caribbean, you will want to drink plenty of water. We are traditional cruisers (cruising since the late 1980s) and still love traditional early seating dinning.

Freedom is one of our favorites and we love the Southern itineraries. The deluxe beverage package is currently priced at $50 per day (plus 18% gratuity) for our March 2020 sailing. I expect it will come down a bit before then. There isn't a downside to purchasing a package, internet or excursion since you can always cancel and rebook at a lower rate if the price drops.

You might also try the Royal Caribbean forum at Cruise Critic. Lot's of helpful information to help with planning, expectations, etc.
We are about to book the March 29 cruise, first time RCL cruiser and also Southern itinerary. We have done 3 Disney cruises.

Any tips of ideas for RCL ? 2 adults 2 teen kids, 15 and 18?

What about the ports, seems to be very intense, a port a day..

I am a noted non-fan of the website. The Cruise Planner itself is fine. The rest... not so much fine.

I'm going to be scanning my Cruise Compasses from Indy (a Freedom class ship) this week. I've also got photos of some MDR menus in my trip report (gratuitous plug!) that might help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!