Getting the lucky automatic view upgrade

JenDisneylandlver

DIS Veteran
Question for those of you who were lucky and got upgraded to a room with a view when you got there. Did you say anything at check in that made this possible? Like ask for a certain tower (at DLH) or ask if they could upgrade?

I won't be upset if we don't get upgraded when we get there, I'm guessing that doesn't happen too often during busy July! But wondered if there was any tricks or tips to possibly nudge it in that direction! :thumbsup2

We have never had to ask for an upgrade at DLH but have received an upgrade 2 out 3 visits. I think that if the space is available that they will upgrade you alot of the time. I think that requesting a certain tower is a good idea.

We hoped for one but didn't get it. We ended up loving our city view room in the MArina tower. It wasa spacious, and we had a view of the fireworks. :sunny:

I stayed at the DLH last week and had reserved a standard (city) view. I called 3 days in advance and requested the Marina Tower over the Bonita if available (I like the location of the Marina Tower better, and I prefer the Marina city view over the Bonita city view; I don't believe there are many standard view rooms in the Sierra Tower). I also mentioned that I would not be checking in until around 8PM. I got 5th floor, pool view in the Marina Tower. It was nice.

We stayed at GC June 11 - 15 - I had booked a standard view and requested bunks. We checked in and I never asked for an upgrade but was thrilled when we went to our room to find that we had been upgraded to a pool view with a partial park view - very nice :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter