Geyser Point menu confusion

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
There is a dinner menu and a lounge menu, what's the difference in seating?

Last time we were there we ate at low tables in the outside area under the roof near the water and ordered from a waiter.

The lounge menu is only available at the tables under the roof that you're describing. You're served by a waiter. The lunch & dinner menu is only available at the counter service window that is off to the side. I'm not sure if you can actually sit in the lounge with that food. Really it's two separate dining locations that share a name.

Agree re: the confusion. We always do a resort day or two and often visit other resorts on our resort day. We were sitting in the Geyser Point lounge area in the middle of the day and there were only 5 other guests in the entire lounge, all sitting at the bar. A cast member came over to tell us we couldn't sit there unless we ordered something. I explained we got a drink from the counter service area and they said that was separate. It was a very off putting experience, especially considering the place was practically empty. I would have completely understood if they were slammed and we were taking a table away from another couple or family looking to eat and drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter