GF Afternoon Tea

YourMajesty

<font color=red>Always makes a point to sleep in h
Has anyone taken their kids (mine are 3 and 6) and ordered the Mrs. Potts Tea for them(chocolate milk, peanut butter and jelly, pastries..etc) at the Garden View Lounge. My husband and I thought the Tea for Two sounded good but weren't sure if it would be a hit with the kids. We are trying to plan something for Sunday afternoon before MVMCP.

I love the tea at the GF and the kids will like the Mrs. Potts tea just fine. However, the experience will be more for the adults than the kids.

My husband, son and I have hit the GF for tea each time my daughters are at the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party down the hall at 1900 Park Faire. (Now that's a great tea party for little ones!!)My son, almost 12, is too old for the Mrs. Potts thing now...he goes for the Earl Gray!!!

Glad to hear from someone who enjoyed the tea at the GF. My kids are boys so I think they would just "crash" the Alice in Wonderland Tea party! I think they would like the Mrs. Potts tea too.... but now I'm leaning toward making a reservation for an early dinner at the Crystal Palace. I didn't know they would let you in early to eat if you had tickets to MVMCP. Nice to get some fedback from these boards. The problem is there is too many choices!

My DS has been to the Alice tea party and fit in just fine. He was not the only boy there and all of the boys seemed to have a good time. Do not hesitate to let them go just because they are boys.

As for the Mrs. Potts Tea, my DD has gotten it a few times and liked it. She is a tea drinker, however, and they did let her substitute tea for the chocolate milk. She enjoyed the food...they even cut the crusts off of the PB&J!

Hope this helps.

I'd just like to point out that the tea is a quiet, refined atmosphere, and if your younger one gets easily restless, as many toddlers do, it might not be the best choice out of courtesy to other patrons.

Of course some kids are just well behaved and quiet by nature, and this would be a wonderful experinece for them if this is the case.

Anne

I have taken both my DD to the GF Afternoon tea and they _loved_ it. They are both real tea drinkers and so they got real tea rather then the chocolate milk...my older DD who was nearly 5 at the time couldn't believe someone would want chocolate milk over tea.
Yes the GF tea is a quiet, refined atmosphere, but kids don't learn how to deal with that sort of atmosphere unless you take them. We have been taking both our DD to teas since they could sit up and eat and teaching them how to to act in a situation like that. When we went to GF Afternoon tea when my older DD was nearly 5 and the younger one was 2 we went during a time that was very slow and there was only two other parties in the whole place. So if you are worried about you child handleing it ask for a PS during a slow time.

On our last trip all the girls went to the tea. It was great. We had three young ladies with us. My DD who was 9 at the time and 2 cousins 8 and 10. The 10 year old is such a tomboy and still did great. She still talks about it. While it is a more formal atmoshere they loved it. My daughter hates holding her napkin in her lap but at the tea she kept it there the entire time. It was so adorable to watch her sip her "tea" with her pinky up. She can't wait to go again. We are planing on going back on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter