Gift for teacher?

TEENEE

<font color=red>I can wiggle my ears<br><font colo
My dd's teacher has been wonderful. My dd was diagnosed with add a few months ago. Her teacher has bent over backwards to help her. Before meds, she did everything she could think of to help. She has tried everything the doctor has suggested and been vigilant in keeping me and the doctor informed of my dd's progress in the classroom. I would like to give her some sort of inexpensive gift but don't have any good ideas. I am also planning to send a letter to the principal telling her what a wonderful teacher she has in her school.

How about something from Yankee Candle, those always make fun gifts? Do you know what her interests are? How about a gift certificate to a book store or something else? Or you could buy a basket and fill it with different things that you think the teacher may like.

How nice it is that your childs teacher went out of the way to help you out, these are the teachers that you tend to remember.

Tuesday, May 6, was national Teacher Appreciation Day. My school uses the entire week to spoil us.

I'm taking gifts to my DD's preschool teachers this week too! I think they deserve more than a gift. Maybe a day or two without my youngin!

Teacher's enjoy recieving notes or emails telling us that you think we are doing the job correctly.

I'm glad your teacher is one of the good ones!!!!

tara

A gift certificate to a teacher's supply store is always appreciated. Teachers spend a lot of their own money on supplies for classrooms.

A gift certificate to a local restaurant is nice. It would give her a night on the town. I always love it when I don't have to cook dinner.

Or how about a gift basket that you make up yourself? What does she like a lot? If it's ice cream, put an ice cream gift certificate, toppings, and tie a scoop to the basket handle. You get the idea?

How about a candle? Or maybe a relaxation kit, with lotion, bubble bath, one of those wooden foot massager things, etc.

One of DD's teachers always asks for a small framed photo. He has the photos of his past students all around the room. If your daughter is in elementary school you might get a frame the right size for their class photo. Or have you had a field trip where you took a class picture? Blow it up and frame it. You could even take a plain wooden frame and hot glue on little wooden school decorations from Michaels.

Of the usual teacher gifts, I always thought the note pads and mugs were the most useful. Personally, I think teachers get enough of these predictable gifts, but there are usually some nice ones at teacher supply stores.

Great suggestions. I hadn't thought about a gift certificate for supplies. I'm thinking a basket with some candles or bath type things and a gift certificate. Keep the suggestions coming my wheels are spinning.

we do thank you note cards each year. My daughter draws a simple picture of flowers or someting, writes "thank-you" on the bottom, I scan it into the computer and then print out 10 cards for each teacher, leaving the inside blank...they can use them all year and each time know that we are thanking them too!!!

We always give a gift certificate for a manicure. Teachers seem to really like that. Also a basket filled with film, frame and photo album. Our teachers are always taking pictures at functions and school trips. Or a donation in your teachers name for a worthy cause-like the county zoo or animal shelter!

The best gifts that I have received as a teacher have been gift certificates for either a teaching store or a book store. I always end up with a ton of candles and lotions by the end of the year- I guess it's the easiest gift, so if you can, it's probably best to stay away from that. I also always love the little knick knacks, magnets, etc. that say something special about the teacher- I have a lot, but they're always cute. The best thing, though, would be a personal note from you thanking her for all she has done. Those are always the best things that I get at the end of the year- I've kept every one that I've recieved!

At the end of the school year, I always do money. I do a lot of teachers hair and I know they all like money. ;) Our teachers (private Christian school) don't make much money at all :( and though my small gift isn't much, I always think she or he can use it for something special for themselves.
At Christmas, I always do a gift certificate. I think I'm afraid if I give money then that they'll just use it for buying someone else a gift and not themselves.;)
It is always great to have a year with a fabulous teacher. I've had 4 of them. It has been great!

I have done the following:

Always a thank you note from my family.
Yankee Candles
Restaurant gift certificates
Cashier's checks so they can purchase something personal for themselves or the classroom

Hope this helps!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter