Girl dies on Six Flags Coaster

LynnM

Earning My Ears
On Saturday, a girl(11or12 y.o.) died while on or shortly after riding Raging Bull at Six Flags in Gurnee, IL. It is believed that she choked to death on gum or taffy. Paramedics apparently pulled something out of her mouth but didn't save it. My ds(13) is going there next week, and I would have never have thought to warn him not to be chewing gum or candy while on the rides. It's common sense not to eat on rides, but sometimes kids aren't thinking about things like that. Such a tragic ending to what should have been a funfilled day.

Oh dear - might be interesting to see if there is a sign up now at the entrance no gum or candy on rides....wow. My dd is going in two weeks with her band and she LOVES Raging Bull.

DD said that when they earned GA tix thru school last year that the teachers said that hard candy etc. was not to be eaten during the rides. I know they have signs that say no food or drink, but the teachers were one up on me...I hadn't thought of that. What a shame, the poor family.

I always thought gum/candy was included as foods. I know at our six flags there are several rides that have "gum trees" or something where everybody will stick their gum. Pretty nasty. How terrible for this girl's family though.

Very sad, but thanks for the info, DD is going there with her class next month so I mentioned this to her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter