Girls trip, Sept 30th to Oct 7th trip report.. Update 11/1 Shinso ji temple & Shopping street, Panda's

MimitoAlex

Mouseketeer
At first I wasn't going to a trip report due to the fact I just finished one from our trip in May. I thought about it, so here I am.
As always I am happy to answer any questions, or thoughts. Please feel free to ask.

It was just DD and myself we left on my Birthday, the flight was loooong! we went from Orlando to Atlanta to Haneda. The leg from Atlanta to Haneda was 14 hours. It was really tiresome, I was so glad the we up graded our seats. It was money well spent. We did manage to sleep for a couple of hours. The food was just so so dinner was manageable, I had the chicken which I was surprised there was quite a bit along with some potatoes and green beans it filled us up, we also had a snack that said pizza it was not pizza it was like a croissant stuff with mozzarella it was really tasty like super cheesy garlic bread, breakfast was unsuitable, the breakfast sandwiches were like hard as brick, we picked the grapes out of the fruit, and the yogurt was kinda watery. I had brought some breakfast bars, which we did have to eat just to fill up and put something in our tummy. Once on the ground first stop a restroom and immigration. It was pretty fast, I knew what to do this time so we filled out everything in advance. Make sure to fill out the complete form, hotel info on where we were going seemed to be important this time. As well we did notice that the health station was still set up and they did have people working in it. There was a family being pulled out of line, and sent over there the woman looked visible sick, as well she was coughing quite a bit. Luggage took a bit to get, Customs and that was like a breeze, then into the main terminal, did the exchange and went to get the wifi on the third floor, easy peasy. Texted our driver, which he was kinda hard to find, once we found him off to the car and to the Hilton Tokyo Bay, I will say that it was quite a ride.... speeding does not cover it. We had planned to go over to Downtown Disney for dinner we were both so tired, that we opted for dinner in the hotel, stopped at Lawson's it was crazy busy, breezed through the Disney store, and headed for the room.... nice hot water and a long shower really did the trick, DD and both organized our backpack's for the next day, laid out all our stuff, We both decided and did take 2 OTC sleep aids and slept from like 9:00pm to 5:30 the next morning. Which we both really needed. We both hit the shower, dressed and headed down for the buffet breakfast, which was really really good. Lots of options as before, both Western and Japanese. I did get some help from a kind elderly lady she tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the veggie rice then to the steamed fish and mushrooms in broth, motioning for me to put the fish on top of the rice, boy oh boy was she right it was sooo sooo delicious. I really stepped out of my comfort zone even more this trip than when DH and I were here in May. Full tummies and we were ready to get our Disney on!!! Quick restroom stop, we got super lucky the bus was out front, we headed over to Bayside station, purchased our monorail pass, through the gates and away we went. DD was like we have to pay for a monorail pass I was like yep, plus she was super impressed with how everyone was standing in a neat line wait to get in. She was like this is what we need at home meaning Walt Disney World Orlando.

Next up Tokyo Disneyland -

Interested to know what surprised you on your second trip (if anything). Thanks for writing this up!

OP here,

I wanted to back up a minute, DD loved the monorail, and seating set up... she thought that the windows and handholds were just absolutely the cutest thing. I love them as well, it really gets your excitement started.

As well we did stay in a Executive double room, park view. We were very lucky we could see the castle top she was like "super cool" and the monorail coming and going from Bayside station. We really liked the room, the beds were nice, much softer than the kings bed DH and I had in May, they were not a double not a queen somewhere in-between.. look at that I made a rhyme. lol.. One thing that I really liked is that they have hand soap at the sink in a pump bottle it is soo much better than the bar soap that you see in most hotels everywhere. As well the Shampoo, Conditioner, and body wash containers in the shower - Crabtree and Evelyn in the large pump bottles, which was nice. I like the shampoo and conditioner, I did not try the body wash I have really sensitive skin so I stick with my own body wash.

Okay on with where I left off.

We were standing in line to go into the parks. Everyone was waiting patiently, and you could feel the excitement. DD and I wore our Halloween Shirts that I bought at the World of Disney before we left. There were so many costumes, they were amazing, whole families dressed up... More on that later on.

The line started moving, security was simple yet very through. We through the turnstyles, I bought our tickets from Klook, and had them on my phone worked perfectly. I did print the paper copies for the just in case. The park was decorated for Halloween, and it is so well done. DD and I talked about how we want to tour the park. Since we live in Orlando and the house of the mouse is here, We decided on certain rides on the top 5, which we wanted to knock out. We also had a list of the Halloween treats to try, as well and things to buy. lol I let her take the lead, Which she did a great job. We got everything done, even with the park being quite busy, classic ride times were about 30 to 45 minute wait, the main rides were over 60 minutes, the 3 top wait times the day we were there was Haunted Mansion 90 minutes it had the nightmare before Christmas overlay and the ride inside was absolutely so cute inside, we love Zero, and he was there, I even have a Pandora charm of him. Totally worth the wait. Next Pooh Huney Hunt, 105 minutes, we loved it. Then Beauty and The Beast ride 120 minutes, This is the best ride hands down that I have ever ridden. Belle is DD princess, she loved this movie as a little girl and still to this day she loves it, she is 34... I looked over at her, it was like seeing that childhood joy in her eyes, It was such a special moment we held hands the whole time. It was a moment that we won't forget. We both loved it sooo sooo much. We tired a bunch of the Halloween snacks, and drinks. My absolutely favorite drink was Sparkling Jelly Tea, Orange flavored, it was just delicious and ice cold and it was quite warm so this really hit the spot. As well we did find 2 things at the quick serve that we wanted, she wanted the aliens and the little tin that came with the set, and I went for the sweet potato crepe, because I really wanted the little mickey ghost plate, it was so cute that I had to have it. I will say that I was kinda unsure of the dessert, and it turned out to be quite tasty, it was sweet without being overly sweet, and the filling was the really star here.

So what did we buy... alot.... that's for sure. I found these 2 ghost pillows of Mickey and Minnie and they are attached... It was one of the moments it was love at first site for sure. I bought a Alien big fat head hat thingy for my Grandson, a bunch of snack tins, earrings. DD bought a bunch of snack tins, and alot of other stuff, earrings, I'm not sure what else. We did buy the largest bag which has the Halloween theme and it has a zipper which was good, to put all our goodies in.

All the costumes that people were wearing was unbelievable, they were park quality, princess in gowns that were amazing, couples dressed up like Woody and Jessie, Mickey and Minnie, Jack and Sally, Peter Pan and Wendy one school group was dressed as toy soldiers. One family was dressed like Peter pan, Wendy, Capatin Hook, Smee, Tinker Belle. You want a photo please make sure to ask if you can take a photo. We took several and everyone was excited for us to take the photo the posed like the character...

Oh almost forgot we managed to find a Belle popcorn bucket, and finished the night off eating caramel popcorn, and watching part of the electric light parade, there were 3 parades that day, the 1st was the regular parade, 2nd the Halloween parade and lastly the 3rd parade was the Electric light parade.

What we both really like was the fact that you did not have to have a hard ticket to enjoy all the Halloween celebration had to offer, we had access to all the treats, and merchandise, as well as the Halloween parade.

The park closed at 9:00 we made it to the resort line just at the fireworks where going off. It was very quick ride back to bayside station, we waiting about 3 minutes for the Hilton Bus, and back at the hotel by 9:10, we went to Lawson to grab some water, soda.. the line was out the door, so DD and I took turns standing in line. We walked back into the room at 9:30 ish, 2 quick showers, while each other was in the shower, we repacked our backpack, and lay out our clothes for the next day at Disney Seas. I laid down at 10:05 and did not wake up till the alarm went off at 5:30 which we both decide to sleep till 6:30.. Even with the extra hour, we managed to shower, dress, eat a delicious and filling breakfast, and make it to Disney Sea right at opening.

Next up, Our Day at Disney Sea.

Interested to know what surprised you on your second trip (if anything). Thanks for writing this up!

What surprised me the most at Disney is all the halloween costumes that the other guest were wearing and how they were park quality and being allowed to do so without any issue during the Halloween celebration. Another thing I loved was being able to enjoy all the Halloween celebration had to offer without having to pay what I think is a ridiculous price for a hard ticket event.

There were alot of surprises in Tokyo, I will get to that later in my trip report. Promise :flower3:

What surprised me the most at Disney is all the halloween costumes that the other guest were wearing and how they were park quality and being allowed to do so without any issue during the Halloween celebration. Another thing I loved was being able to enjoy all the Halloween celebration had to offer without having to pay what I think is a ridiculous price for a hard ticket event.

There were alot of surprises in Tokyo, I will get to that later in my trip report. Promise :flower3:
I remember about 10 years ago, a Japanese tourist coming all decked out to DHS in Orlando, and I watched carefully as she went to the entrance. The cast members working the gate were well-versed at that time apparently about the Japanese "difference" and greeted her with a hearty Arigato! and made a big fuss over her. If I recall correctly, she was dressed as Belle, but had her own hair. And it wasn't Halloween. But you know, it could have gone down differently...

OP here.. Disney Seas.

I did stop and ask to have a car service pick us up the following morning at 11:30, we changed Hotels the next day and had a half day tour with Toshi-San.

We were a few minutes behind the main crowd which was okay, it gave us some time to take some cute pictures, they had these large stacked pumpkins made with all the main characters heads on top, they were super super cute. Mickey and Minnie where my fav for sure. DD was amazed and excited how different it was to the other parks she has been to.

We decided to hit all the rides again that we don't have. I will say we skipped Soarin, the wait time was never under 100+ minutes the whole day. Journey to the center of the Earth was super fun wait time 75 minutes which there was a large tour group and they got out of line which we ended up with a 45 minute wait, Toy story mania was 65 minutes, and to me it seems like a longer ride with more screens, not sure if its just me or what... and she really liked Aquatopia, and Nemo and friends sea rider. On a bit of a side note, while I really enjoyed this area, I really think they could put some type of Aquarium to go along with this area and/or some type of hands on learning would really make this area complete. We planned on Ariels playground as our last stop, it was around 8:15, and not sure why but they were not letting anyone in. So we decided to shop and call it a night.

We did alot of snacking all day long. We did finally stop for some QS, so DD got what was showing as a Bacon Cheeseburger casserole it was served in paper bowl. It was a full on double cheeseburger with bacon, grilled onions, with lettuce and tomato, sitting on top of a bed of mashed potatoes, a couple of onion rings and some steamed veggies. I had fried chicken and French fries, The chicken itself was served in like a kinda wax paper wrapper with a skewer in it, it was filleted yet still had the bone in it and the fries were in a cup. I'm still not sure what kinda seasoning it had on it. It was different not in a bad way just different.

Shopping lets see DD bought a LinaBell from the Duffy collection for her BFF little girl. I think we both bought a few odds and ends. I do want to talk about shopping, if you see it buy it. I did notice that Disneyland to me had alot more merchandise than Disney Seas. We were both hoping for some kids T-shirts and really all they had was infant to around 24 months and then adult smalls, there were a few adult extra small but not the ones we wanted. I did want another Pandora charm, and they really did not have anything. I will say Pandora is not a big thing in Japan. We stood and debated on buying a throw blanket they were cute but really heavy and we did end up not getting them, they were just to heavyweight for living in Florida.

We ended the night with the Volcano erupting, and we headed over to the resort line station. I wanted to add in that there are lockers located on the bottom level of the station, it was quite crowded with people getting their baggage out of them. There are vending machines as well in this area I think that they are all drink machine and a restroom.
Once back a Bayside station pick up area, we did have to wait for the next bus back to the Hilton. There was a gentleman in a wheelchair and it was really difficult for him to get on the bus, they finally got him on and it was packed he tried to get us on board which we say no and waited. Once back at the hotel we headed straight for the room, shower, and hit the bed. While we each showered, the other packed up that's when I knew we were going to need another bag for the flight home, luckily we both were allowed 3 checked bags each... Yay!!!

Next up transfer day to Shibuya - Cerulean Tower Hotel

Op here - Transfer day Cerulean Towers Shibuya.

So for whatever reason we both were awake before the alarm went off, so we decided to go ahead and get up and get ready, we did enjoy a more leisurely breakfast, and chat about our plans for the day. After Breakfast we decided to go to the little Disney store located there. I was glad we did, They had just put out Calendars for next year, several different styles I went with the more common one like the one we use in US from Sunday to Saturday. I also found a pen that I had seen inside the park and forgot to buy, as well a few other odds and ends, they were the same price as in the parks.

We headed back upstairs and finished packing, and did just lay around and rest for around a hour. Bags packed I called down for bell services and in under like 10 minutes they were there to them up, then we both took a minute to look around the room which was good we both forgot our towel hair wraps, thankfully they both were dry, so we stuck them in one of the backpacks. Check out was a breeze, everything was in order. I do always ask for a print out of the bill, unfortunately we have had issues a couple of times with extras being added on, which with the final bill it makes thing so much easier to clear up later on. We were a few minutes early for the pick up time for the car service they came and got us when the car service arrived.

I want to take moment and talk about bags size, I was very clear to the bell host when we order our car, what we needed and she assured me that it would that all the bags would fit. It was like only 2 people gets this size car, even though I said we need this, So DD and myself plus the following - 2 checked bags, 2 roll ons, 2 Disney very large fold-able with zippers bags, 2 back packs and So once the car arrived and we were outside, they were having a heck of a time getting the bags in the car. Which the poor driver was packing and packing trying to get everything in there. After much jockeying around we finally got it all in. I made a mental note to go with a larger vehicle no matter what.

The ride into Shibuya was very good, not like the speed demon who picked us up from the airport.

Drop off was a little hairy, we had to lets say encourage the driver to continue up the drive to the hotel level landing.

It was to early to check in as check in is at 4:00, and they pretty much adhere to it. So after we got the bags checked, and went to the desk to pre- check in, they took all the info, I signed everything, credit card on file, they ask if they could put the bags in the room which was a yes, he said when we come back from our tour to stop at the desk for our keys and breakfast coupons and such, bathroom break, and we did head out to grab a couple bottles of water at 7-11 located on the outside of the hotel. Then we decide to just sit down and wait for Toshi-San to come and meet us for our half day tour. Which later on I was so glad that we did rest our feet and legs.

Toshi-San arrived, and kinda went over what our plans were, and then he offered to make reservation for our Tempura meal in the evening, he offered several options, and we decided on a real locals spot. It was around 110,000 yen, which US at the time was around 80.00 per person which I was good with. He said this was a top rated and did traditional service, and it would take around 2+ hours... which DD and I both agree on. I made it clear that his dinner was on me, and no arguments.
Meiji Shrine was our first stop, the park itself is absolutely beautiful, and has a almost haunted feeling... eerily so. While I did not say anything later DD said the same thing. The Shrine was is beautiful, on the day we were there they had a ceremony going on, they were beating this huge drum and the priest were performing what Toshi-San called a rite or ritual. He said to me your a lucky person, I was like like what, why do you say that. He said when we were at the Senso ji Temple, the Tibetan Monks were there blessing the crowds, which is a huge honor. Plus today in the 8 year as a guide and even coming with my family here to pray, I have never witnessed this, nor have I been lucky enough to be blessed by the holy monks. You are a blessed and lucky person. Which I really hold his compliment in high regards. We did make a stop at the gift shop/ cafe... and got a little treat to hold us over.

Then we head over to the Shinjuku Gyoen Gardens, DD had read about the Japanese garden and really wanted to see it, it was sprinkling somewhat and we really only had time for seeing it. It was really stunning, and peaceful.

Then over to see our guy Godzilla... DD was so excited to get to see this while it is just on top of the building for me growing up with Godzilla was really cool, and for DD, her DH and my grandson they love Sci Fi movies she was really happy and super pumped to get to see it, yep we are kinda nerdy.. Then Toshi-San asked you want to go up and see it, its at the top of the hotel. We kinda squealed like 2 teenagers, and shook our head yes, so up we went and got to see him close up, We did take quite a few pictures, of course the ones where your pretending to scream... we laughed and laughed. Toshi-San most likely was laughing at us and not with us, thinking crazy tourist, we do the same to the WDW tourist so we were more than okay with it. Inside they have a small kiosk, really just a 4 sided display and a table with some Godzilla stuff on it, DD did buy a couple of things.

Then what Toshi-San said next was really nice, I'm off work now we are just friends having dinner out. I thought that was very nice, it was a bit of hike to get to the restaurant but totally worth it. So inside there were 5 chairs at the what I would call a bar, and 3 traditional floor tables that sat I would say no more than 6 to maybe 8 people could sit at and that was it. It was kinda funny we DD and I walked in everyone got quite, then Toshi-San said something to the guy greeting at the door, and everyone went back to eating and talking. He said I told them you were friends from the US. So the young man at the door tried to take our backpacks DD and I both looked at him like ummm no.. Toshi-San then explained to us that they would be a the closet right behind us, and nothing to worry about. Which the young guy just smiled. Then our food adventure began. We sat at the bar right in front of the chef, so we got to see the show.
Before I begin this is a chef choice place and there is only a drink menu, everyone gets the same meal, and it changes with the season. So there were 12 tasting of different kinds of tempura, 4 kinds of Sashimi, 3 appetizers bites, and dessert. Now what they called a tasting was more to me like tapas sizes for sharing and it was for only 1 person. It was a good thing we were starving. The appetizer bites- 1 some kind of marinated peppers and a type of okra very spicey, 2 - Salmon roe on a what I can describe like a toast point, and the last one was like some type of squash that was marinated and it was refreshing, lots of citrus, and herbs- I was surprised at all the flavor it was really tasty, nothing like what you would think or expect from a simple squash. Then the first 2 sashimi tasting which again was not just a tasting, it was so fresh and pure, and plentiful. I was worried about DD as she really isn't into Sashimi, she said she was surprised at how it didn't taste like fish... We both really enjoyed it. Then 6 course of Tempura, then the 2nd sashimi tasting, then 6 more course of tempura, then dessert. I will say 3 most surprising course of the tempura. 1) whole shrimp wrapped in perilla leaf, this by far really was a complete surprise. I was expecting the leaf to be more on the bitter side like spinach or some type of collard or turnip green. It was the exact opposite, light, fresh and kinda sweet. Absolutely amazing surprise and really delicious. 2) The traditional shrimp and head was served separate, again absolutely not what you would expect, and honestly really just yummy. 3) it was a sweet potato very red inside, like Ube/ Purple yam from the Philippines. Which I did ask Toshi-San, he asked the chef he said from the coast of South Korea, close in the same taste. Sweet and Savory at the same time. My favorite course of the Sashimi was what Toshi-San called a swordfish, which the picture the young man at the door showed me a picture of it was like more of what here in Florida we consider a sportsman fish like a Marlin, while not a Marlin it did have the same look. The young man at the door told Toshi-San that is it only during a small time of year that they can get this type of fish... fresh. Dessert was some type of green tea ice cream with toasted seeds on top. We did try some Sake( which really isn't mine thing), and what DD and like the best was the Plum liqueur cocktail, we each had one and then we tried one to share one the rocks, Toshi-San said oh its just a shot that had to be the biggest shot glass in the world, more like 3 fingers of bourbon in a glass then they added ice... it was really really tasty. The alcohol rate was super high... this is a be very careful kinda drink... Toshi-San said I told the guy at the door he was paying for the drinks, and I paid for the meal, which was not necessary for him to do. All paid up, and full tummies we head out the door. On our way out, the Chef and young man and the sous chef all came outside and told us goodnight and bowed. We responded the same. It really was an honor to eat here, and we honestly enjoyed every bite and every moment of our time with Toshi-san and this meal. Very memorable. Then Toshi-San flagged down a cab, and DD and I head back to the hotel, we still had to finishing checking in... by the time we got back it was 9:30... We both quickly showered and went to bed...We both were just exhausted...

Next up Shopping Street, Pandas, Ramen, and more Shopping...

OP here, I have a quick question anyone visited in early to mid November?... Trying to gauge what the weather will be like during this time of year for our trip next year. Living in Florida, Jackets and sweaters season in the stores is very short time. So I was looking at our cold weather wear stuff wondering maybe if we should pick up a couple of items. We like to travel when its cool or cold, and do have some items for this type of weather. Just looking to pick up some insight.

OP here, I have a quick question anyone visited in early to mid November?... Trying to gauge what the weather will be like during this time of year for our trip next year. Living in Florida, Jackets and sweaters season in the stores is very short time. So I was looking at our cold weather wear stuff wondering maybe if we should pick up a couple of items. We like to travel when its cool or cold, and do have some items for this type of weather. Just looking to pick up some insight.
Going for my second time in November. I live at the coast in southern NJ. We stay hotter than the mainland (NJ/DE/DC temps) throughout the fall. Tokyo area in the fall stays a little hotter than we do. On sunny days it will be warm during the midday hours, esp. in the first half of November, if it is a typical year.

My plan this year, even for an open to close day in TDL/TDS, which being on the bay is cooler, I have no plans for a winter coat. Hat and gloves available for evening, but a light jacket and a light sweater underneath will be it. I carry a couple base layers (like camisole but cotton/lycra and stay right against the skin) in case the weather turns colder than usual. Realize our plans include no higher altitudes or far inland trips.

Also, we live through temps from 90F down to 20F with coastal wet winds where we live, so highs in the mid 60s F and lows in the low 50s F are roughly mid point for our year. In other words, it may be colder for you as you live in a warmer area for a large part of the year.

When we return, I'll give you an update as to how it went.

You'll want to dress in layers. It's usually something like 50-70 Fahrenheit outside so a long sleeved shirt with thin jacket may be good for the day but you'll probably want a thick coat for the evening. Indoor places turn on heaters so you'll want to take off those jackets inside.

I will note that this year is abnormally warm though. February and March felt like April and May while last month, shows at Disney were getting cancelled due to heat which is rare for September.

Going for my second time in November. I live at the coast in southern NJ. We stay hotter than the mainland (NJ/DE/DC temps) throughout the fall. Tokyo area in the fall stays a little hotter than we do. On sunny days it will be warm during the midday hours, esp. in the first half of November, if it is a typical year.

My plan this year, even for an open to close day in TDL/TDS, which being on the bay is cooler, I have no plans for a winter coat. Hat and gloves available for evening, but a light jacket and a light sweater underneath will be it. I carry a couple base layers (like camisole but cotton/lycra and stay right against the skin) in case the weather turns colder than usual. Realize our plans include no higher altitudes or far inland trips.

Also, we live through temps from 90F down to 20F with coastal wet winds where we live, so highs in the mid 60s F and lows in the low 50s F are roughly mid point for our year. In other words, it may be colder for you as you live in a warmer area for a large part of the year.

When we return, I'll give you an update as to how it went.

Thank you I will be looking forward to your report.

Op here - Shinsoji temple & Shopping street, Panda's, Ramen and more shopping.

So I left off with us hitting the bed we both were really just worn out. We stayed in a Executive double room, the room was very comfortable, and included breakfast each morning.

We had set the alarm for a bit later for 7:00 which I woke up at 6:30 and went ahead and showered, and let DD sleep a bit longer. I did really appreciate the hand held shower to use on my shoulders and neck, carrying a backpack is not my normal thing, so my shoulders and neck where starting to feel it. Once she woke up we opened the drape's and window blinds, and I was shocked we could see Mt. Fuji... I was really excited... it was not totally clear but you could see it... Yay! what a great surprise... DD was like no way.. of course we both took some pictures. She hit the shower and we got going, we decided cleaning out the backpacks, we each went with a umbrella, and a small essential bag, and empty zip lock for. I added in a folded shopping bag, and a small pouch with my medicine, and a few toiletries, which later on I was glad I did.

All packed up, dressed we headed downstairs for breakfast, and it was very good, they had changed thing somewhat from when DH and I stayed in May... They moved things around and the buffet items were now just Japanese and Western. The meat slicing station was not there, still there was sliced ham( really good), and some type of beef, you still ordered eggs at the table. They expanded on other choices like potatoes, and rice, and more offerings on salad, the fish selection was very good. I also noticed that they offered more breakfast breads, things like muffins, danish, and what I will call pound cake, this was a nice surprise it had a nice citrus tasty, without being overly tart, it was delicious with the berry spread or alone. I will say the coffee is not playing around, I could only drink about half a cup. WOW, even with all the sugar and cream... strong doesn't cover it.

Breakfast all done, stopped at the restroom, stopped at 7/11 for water, then on to the train station, Ginza line from Shibuya to Asakusa... I was very proud of myself I remember how to go, and we did very well riding the trains alone without a guide. Yay go me... lol... We toured the Shinso ji temple complex first then hit the shopping street, We did buy alot of stuff, plus alot of treats... DD wanted to find the fruit covered in like a hardened sugar which we did find its not on the main street, just one row over, there were 3 or 4 stalls selling them, we picked the one that seemed like the locals were picking, and they were really good, We both liked the strawberries best, yet the grapes were tasty as well. Got some photos, and off we went to the train station.

Arriving at Ueno Station was easy once off the train we stopped and grabbed something to drink, and decided sit down for a moment.. before heading in the direction of the zoo. I will say everything is well marked. The tickets to the zoo are around 5.00 dollars US.. after a quick bathroom break...This is were my little toiletries bag came in handy, no seat over, tissue, soap or paper towels, and not trash cans in the restroom... Which DD said now I get it. Thank goodness you brought it with us. We headed straight for the pandas...They were awake and we got to see the twins they were out to... you are allowed one minute on each side of the barrier to see the twins... of course you had some people who did not want to abide by the time limit... they let in a small group, then after a minute the buzzer goes off and the have like a long pole the basically move forward pushing you to the next side... and of course they are saying to move along. DD and I made sure to move the second the buzzer went off, I did not want us to get the whistle blown at us.. lol.. the red pandas were also awake and moving around putting on quite a show... we did visit both twice, we just could not help ourselves, the umbrella came in handy to keep the sun off of us while waiting in line. We checked out the small gift shops, we did not buy anything. I will say that they stock alot of treats, and artsy kinda stuff. As an American I was hoping for a T-shirt with the Zoo logo on it. We did enjoy visiting all the other areas of the zoo, and the animals seem to be very well cared for. I did notice that they had started moving and closing exhibits and at this time it was just after 4:00. We decided to head back to Shibuya... headed for the train station, and on the way we noticed a group what looked like police and security and paramedics, a man was laying on the ground moaning, and kinda hollering like he was in pain, and the woman was crying. Someone walked up and put like a what I will call a privacy panels around them. Which I thought that's good thing. They also had people moving everyone along, no looky lou's allowed.. once on the train we were offered a seat by 2 young men, which we did accept, it got very crowded on the train...

I'm sorry I thought I could get all the way through our day, unfortunately I'm going to have to stop here. I will try to finish up either later today or in the morning.. Thanks for following along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter