Give Me The Nudge I Need To Buy AKV!

calypso*a*go-go

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
All right my DVC friends, give me the last little push I need to buy AKV. I am on the fence because I need these points like a hole in the head. I already have more points than I can use right now and should probably get rid of one of my other contracts if I buy into AKV. It will be a huge resort once it's finished so I feel like there will be lots of opportunity for non-owners, just don't know if I have the patience to wait. Come on -- convince me!!!

I suggest you go look at the samples. We did on Friday and are convinced that AKV is worth the price of ownership. Seeing is believing! We're pretty sure that we don't own enough of them, 100 at this point. It depends if we think we can live without ever having a GV there.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I'll admit that I don't know much about AKV and the various room classifications. But if you think there is a classification you will really, really want then ownership might be a good idea. And it might be worth spinning off some old points to make it less financially painful especially as you indicate that you have enough points already.

One more reason to spin off an old contract and get AKV....it will hold its value better if you want to sell in, say, 20 years or so.

Still on that fence? :)

I've got one! The units in Kidani Village are going to have 1 more bathroom than bedroom for all except studios. That's the coolest thing ever (though I might be drifting into hyperbole there). But, not sharing a bathroom with your travel partner while on vacation? Priceless.

Concierge level

Savahana view

Cool pool and water play area

50 year contract

New TS restuarant

That cool African theming

Walking distance to Jiko and Boma

I saw the preview center last week.... without a doubt these are the nicest villa's to date... if you can afford to sell an old contract and buy a new one, I'd do it....

All right my DVC friends, give me the last little push I need to buy AKV. I am on the fence because I need these points like a hole in the head. I already have more points than I can use right now and should probably get rid of one of my other contracts if I buy into AKV. It will be a huge resort once it's finished so I feel like there will be lots of opportunity for non-owners, just don't know if I have the patience to wait. Come on -- convince me!!!
AKL is our FAVORITE hotel in all of Disney. It's the reason we didn't buy into DVC sooner, we didn't want to give up staying at AKL.

We also needed the 200 points that we bought at AKV like a hole in the head. But we bought them anyway. I"ll have to rent the excess points each year for a awhile until we can retire and use them ourselves.

We own at 3 resorts now so that I can be fairly sure that I can book any room I want at the 11 month window. I don't like wait lists.

Well there are room types that will need home resort booking...

Concierge rooms - only 5-10 rooms for that great concierge experience at a decent point price(but not the greatest views)

Value view - not too many rooms at a great point price half with pool and half with savanna(h) view. (a little smaller and a few with parking lot, other wise known as garden, view)

GV - These look great. The 6 in the lodge that are at the end of the trails with those great semi circle balconies.

Any of these catagories tickle your fancy??

I don't know if the lodge will be of more demand then the new building. If it is then you many need advantage for those rooms as well.

I am in the same situation. I would love to add on a small contract at AKV but don't need the points just the home resort advantage. DH says no more. :sad2: I can't sell off a contract because we only have one large one at WDW.

Ohhhh -- Getting so close to the edge!

Thanks everyone...keep those reasons coming. :thumbsup2

Buy a lottery ticket and dream, and if you win, well, you have your answer! IF not, heck, you're going to buy them anyway, I think. Really, how can you resist those animals, right there! The beautiful water experience! The dedicated 2 bedrooms with 2 Q's! (A biggie for me and mine!)

Bobbi:goodvibes

Frankly I don't think AKV will be that easy for non owners to reserve in spite of it's size. And that's esp true for GV, value rooms and concierge. It may or may not be worth it to sell your other points to end up with about the same at AKV. As you may have seen, I am in the process of doing exactly what you are suggesting, selling everything else and buying AKV. But part of my issue was downsizing and I didn't have a contract that worked well just selling part and keeping part. If I had, I likely would not have done the add on. However it is my firm belief that AKV will be worth enough over time to make up the $$$ difference, esp. compared to OKW, VB, HH & SSR. Whether AKV is the only resort now or in the future that will fulfill the same thoughts remains to be seen. If CRV happens with at least a 2057 ending date, you could say the same about it as well.

/nudge

Go ahead, its only money! Can you put a price on creating the best family memories???

AKL is with out a doubt one of the most unique resort experiences anywhere in the world. Having the animals outside your room is something that can't be experienced anywhere else. The rooms look great (flat panel TVs), the artist's rendering of the water play area and pool look awesome.

Jiko and Boma are within walking distance (or an elevator ride depending on where you are staying; Kidani Village vs Jambo House). The Animal Kingdom theme park is a short bus ride away.

Hope this help!

Devils advocate chiming in - HOLD OUT FOR CONTEMPORARY! :rotfl:

Toured the AKL rooms and they are reallllyyy nice. But I bet CRV will be nicer and let's face it, on a monorail.

:rolleyes1

Toured the AKL rooms and they are reallllyyy nice. But I bet CRV will be nicer and let's face it, on a monorail.

Who says I have to choose between them? :teeth:

In a perfect world, I would have points at AKV, CRV, and GCV. All it's going to take is some well-timed announcements and a little careful planning (ie: convince DH!). :goodvibes

I'll go with that. I was gaga about AKV for about 5 days then ultimately decided to pass. Ultimately I find I crave staying near MK and the monorail far more than the distant safari. (Of course being shunted off onto the Interstate last December when I tried to drive home to SSR one night, because idiot traffic was too heavy and ignorant to let me merge properly, didn't leave my last taste of AKL as a good one. Did I mention I'm a new driver and have yet to like highway driving, especially in Florida.)

But if you ever want to do the Sunrise Safari and all the things Concierge provides, buy it now. If you have three kids and can use that sleeper chair, again make it your home. If you can't live without waking up with the giraffes, don't hesitate.

Ultimately I think CRV and even SSR will have a longer and steadier resale value. My reasoning is that AKV is mostly a niche product with an insurmountable handicap of remoteness. (i.e. there's nothing you can get to on foot except AKL, not even the park.)

Who says I have to choose between them? :teeth:

In a perfect world, I would have points at AKV, CRV, and GCV. All it's going to take is some well-timed announcements and a little careful planning (ie: convince DH!). :goodvibes

In that case, discount what I say and go for it. My thoughts only apply if you're having the mug Peter or pay Paul.

My goal is for SSR and CRV. Pennies go into the bank for CRV every month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter