Given the choice would you visit Disney Hong Kong or Tokyo Disney

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
My daughter will be teaching in Beijing, with Disney English. I plan to visit her next May. Hong Kong and Tokyo are about the same distance by plane, which would you recommend? I would expect that I would spend about 2 days.

Tokyo Disneyland.
Simply because they have 2 parks instead of 1 in HK.

I live in Hong Kong. I do visit Hong Kong Disneyland often.
In Hong Kong, the trip to/from Beijing would be cheaper.
but there are more common things to Beijing in Hong Kong compared with Japan.
You may have more of a language barrier in Japan than Hong Kong though.
Hong Kong have more rude Chinese queue jumpers, but in Japan all queues are longer in general.

1 more thing,
the Disneyland merchandise at Japan are designed at and from Japan. So only Japan would have them.

In Hong Kong, they are copies of other Disney Parks merchandise mostly. With the only exception of having Xie Yang Yang cartoon merchandise (WHO IS NOT A DISNEY CHARACTER BUT A CARTOON IN CHINA)
996916_10152638727019041_939627282_n.jpg

It's shameful that because majority of the visitors are from China, you have to put China stuff in Disneyland, and make them believe this is Disneyland limited edition version of Xie Yang Yang.

Thank you for your replies. I do love the look of Tokyo Seas, I think that as I make my plans, I will fly to Tokyo and stay there for 2 nights before heading back home.

I would also say Tokyo, no question.

Hong Kong Disneyland is lovely. However there's not that much to do there - I would struggle to spend 2 full days there.

Tokyo Disney just has so much more there, and is on a totally different scale to Hong Kong Disneyland. You could easily spend 2 days in each park, there is so much to see.

The park hours are also likely to be longer in Tokyo.

Be aware that if you get a 2-day pass to Tokyo Disney, then I believe (unless it has changed recently) that you have to pick one of the parks for the first day, and the other park for the second day. You cannot park-hop unless you have a 3+ day pass, and even then you can only parkhop on the 3rd and 4th days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter