Glasses, cameras, action!

Bonnie

DIS Veteran
The last time I was at DLP, I didn't wear glasses all the time and I had my mum with me (who wouldn't go on any of the big rides!) so she could look after my camera and belongings. This time I'll be going with my partner and we both want to go on all of the rides. I also wear glasses all of the time now. So...

My question is: will I lose my glasses on Indiana Jones, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, and Space Mountain? Will our camera and other belongings suffer a horrible and painful death if I attempt to take them on the ride with me?

:sad2:

I have done all the rides you mentioned with camera, specs etc as neither he kids or I wanted to miss out and wait while the others rode. I generally have a back pack which I put everything in then place the bag on the floor with both feet through the shoulder straps and bring my feet together to hold it steady. Some of the rides have nets to place belongings in but I've not risked using these. It's worked fine for me everywhere I've been so far (DLP, WDW IOA & Universal) where I've done most of the major rides (some multiple times). Nothings died so far! Chickened out of Kraken at Seaworld so don't know what I'd have done there.

Mrs Tony Toon :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

I also wear glasses all the time but this doesn't apply to me because I am too much of a wimp to do the fast rides!:rotfl2::rotfl2: When we were in Florida I noticed that although some people take their glasses off, others leave them on and they seem to stay on OK. On saying that, I think I have read a report somewhere of someone losing their glasses on a ride and never finding them again.:confused3

I would think that glasses and prescription sunglasses would be safe to wear as they have been properly fitted to your face by an optician whereas non-prescription sunglasses are not and are probably more likely to come off.

As to cameras/bags, I would have thought the CM's would soon stop you taking anything on that would be a safety hazard, so long as you have hold of them like Mrs Tony Toon you should be OK.:3dglasses

Thanks for the replies! That's very reassuring. :) Also thank you for the link Ware Bears!

On my one and only ride on Space Mountain I took off glasses and put in pocket of backpack as precaution. :3dglasses

Reid

If I WAS brave enough to do a BIG ride and then took my :3dglasses off, everything would be a blur! Mind you, that might be a blessing!!! :rotfl2:

Bonnie, just bumping this up to ask what you did in the end. Did you wear your glasses for all the rides and did they stay put or did you take them off? Not that it really applies to me, because I am so wimpy that Big Thunder Mountain is about my limit:rotfl: but I am just interested (DH calls it nosey!!!):bored:

Hehe! What I did in the end was take my old pair of glasses as well, in a hard glasses case. They're not as loose-fitting as the ones I currently have and I was able to bend them at the bridge so they were even tighter. I just wore those for Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Space Mountain (putting my current pair in the glasses case) and they didn't even feel like they might fall off. (I really do think my current pair would've fallen off, though. They're incredibly loose-fitting and slip down my nose all the time!)

I had no trouble with my loose-fitting glasses on rides like Big Thunder Mountain, etc. though. :)

Ah posession losing is always one of my big fears! I remember in Fla. being terrified of losing my shoes on rides at Busch Gardens and IOA! My mum doesnt do the big rides so could guard everything else but not my shoes - and I do love my shoes too much to let them fly off into the crowds!

Bonnie (or anyone else who's brave enough to go on an upside down ride!)

What do you do with bags when you go on coasters that go upside down? We're DEFINITELY going to be brave and do Indiana Jones next time (we said that the last 2 times too though!!) but I'm worried about my bag - is there somewhere to put it while you go on the ride, and if not then how do you make sure you don't lose it or any of its contents??

Rhiannon :wizard:

As I recall, there is space under your seat to pop a bag, which is perfectly safe. I don't seem to recall any lockers or storage or anything by the ride boarding bit on rides such as Space Mountain and Indiana Jones. Don't quote me on that though!

Thanks Emma, I just have visions of all my stuff smashing on the ground when we go upside down! But obviously they must have thought about that as no-one seems to have had such problems!

We just put our bag on the floor, under the seat (like Emma said) and I put my foot through the strap "loop" and then pulled it up over my knee. So as long as I kept my feet firmly on the bottom of the car, it couldn't go anywhere! The G-force seems to hold everything in anyway, though. :)

Thanks Bonnie, I've heard that about G-Force keeping everything and everyone in but science goes right over my head!!

DisneyRGB said:
Thanks Bonnie, I've heard that about G-Force keeping everything and everyone in but science goes right over my head!!

This from a girl who got AA in GCSE Science!!!!! :sad2:

Ask my chemistry teacher, it was a fluke!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter