"Go" Bag

eandt

But Why is the Rum Always Gone?? DVC/AP
Have family making their first trip to WDW (AoA Little Mermaid), we are considering putting together a "go" bag or basket of helpful/necessary things they might not think of ... what would you put in to it? Parents, G-ma, 3 girls age 8, 5, infant will be traveling (autotrain). It's been so long since we have been there with little ones, especially during these times. Look forward to the suggestions!

We actually have a “go” bag. On more than one occasion we have planned a trip in less than a week, one time in as little as 548 hours. But we are just an 8 hour drive away. So, handy to have some basics in one place.

Obviously with them talking the auto-train, they will have their vehicle. That means anything they need is a quick drive to CVS/Publix/Target/Walmart. A map of the area with these things highlighted may be the best gift. Anyway, I digress.

This is what we have in our “Go Bag”:
  • Spare medication (yeah, we are getting older, also contains some OTC stuff, like Motrin and Benadryl)
  • Spare Magicbands (we have a lot of these, backup is always good)
  • Several phone chargers (couple of bricks, quite a few wires, even a battery pack)
  • Baby Wipes & a couple of washcloth/rags
  • A roll of duct tape (sounds like a doomsday prepper, but so many things can be solved with a little duct tape)
  • Sunscreen (cannot stress that one enough)
Like I said, that is our “Go Bag” and we are experienced WDW travelers.

Thinking of a “Gift Basket” for someone’s first trip…

Perhaps a small Disney toy for each child (thinking stuffed animal)
A can of Sunscreen
Snacks for the kids (they may not be able to find something they normally eat)
Disney Gift Card (WDW vacations seem to bust everyone’s budget)
Anything special they normally use. I am thinking if the kids have a specific shampoo type of thing.
Along the same lines, baby formula, spare bottles, extra water.

I know, it does not sound like a big prize package you were probably thinking. I have been accused of being too practical at times…

We actually have a “go” bag. On more than one occasion we have planned a trip in less than a week, one time in as little as 548 hours. But we are just an 8 hour drive away. So, handy to have some basics in one place.

Obviously with them talking the auto-train, they will have their vehicle. That means anything they need is a quick drive to CVS/Publix/Target/Walmart. A map of the area with these things highlighted may be the best gift. Anyway, I digress.

This is what we have in our “Go Bag”:
  • Spare medication (yeah, we are getting older, also contains some OTC stuff, like Motrin and Benadryl)
  • Spare Magicbands (we have a lot of these, backup is always good)
  • Several phone chargers (couple of bricks, quite a few wires, even a battery pack)
  • Baby Wipes & a couple of washcloth/rags
  • A roll of duct tape (sounds like a doomsday prepper, but so many things can be solved with a little duct tape)
  • Sunscreen (cannot stress that one enough)
Like I said, that is our “Go Bag” and we are experienced WDW travelers.

Thinking of a “Gift Basket” for someone’s first trip…

Perhaps a small Disney toy for each child (thinking stuffed animal)
A can of Sunscreen
Snacks for the kids (they may not be able to find something they normally eat)
Disney Gift Card (WDW vacations seem to bust everyone’s budget)
Anything special they normally use. I am thinking if the kids have a specific shampoo type of thing.
Along the same lines, baby formula, spare bottles, extra water.

I know, it does not sound like a big prize package you were probably thinking. I have been accused of being too practical at times…
Thank you! We we are last minute travelers often as well so we are always ready on a moments notice. PS We never leave home without a roll of duck tape!

Get the 2 kids a small backpack each, my kids keep a kindle with DL shows from Netflix and hand santizer sometimes a couple other little things. They take them to the parks as well... keeps them busy in lines. ( the small loungefly type are at walmart for under $20)
In yours/ babies dont forget a few ziplocks of diffrent sizes. It's the one thing I have brought that I have used everytime.

Sunscreen, wet/baby wipes, combo hand sanitizer lotion (vaseline makes a nice one), bandaides, benedryl cooling spray (someone recommended it in a trip report and so helpful) hair elastics and a cooling towel or two

Quart and Gallon sized ziploc bags. To echo what @Disneyfan754321 said, I use these on every trip, and we don't even have kids! :)
Chapstick with sunscreen. One for each member of the party except the baby.
Glow necklaces for the two older kiddos.
Sticky notes (maybe a little notepad for the kids) and a pen/pencil. The WDW resort rooms no longer have notepads and pens, so the sticky notes could come in handy with there being two different parties.
Ear Plugs - just the foam ones you can find at most hardware stores. I personally prefer the Stanley brand that are pink and yellow. The work pretty well and are soft enough that they don't hurt my ears.

Ponchos, chafing cream, external battery pack for phones, water bottles with a filter, Aquaphor, sun cream, cooling leg gel, inflatable booster seat, zip loc bags, ear plugs and sleep masks, bandaids, baby wipes, sharpies.

(I like to organise things. Planning's a big part of the fun for me. The rest of the family thinks I am insane but feels very grateful when we actually get there and all their dining reservations are made and they have cool, un-chafed legs.)

We don't have a to go bag but I keep a to go list on my phone to stop me having to make the same list over and over (and potentially forgetting something). I've added to it while I'm there to remind me to bring things that I've realised I need. The simple things include
Sun cream, hand gel, first aid kit, sewing kit (small hotel style), ziplock bags, teabags (you can't get good ones the US), bug spray and an electric kettle.

We just got back and the below came in very handy or were nice to have if needed:

Ponchos
Ear plugs
Mini Ita bag that can be clipped to your belt for pin trading (Came in soooo handy in the rain, Zizi and Me has a good one I like)
Jansport Lil' Break mini Backpack (I keep all my ids, credit cards in it and it can be worn easy like an elastic arm cuff)
Child size klean kanteen (this comes in so handy, and can fit in a mini backpack)
B12
Electrolytes that can be added to water
Features socks (these are chefs kiss, I can walk for hours in them with no blisters, can't recommend them enough)
Jansport half pint backpack
Bandaids
SunBum sunscreen face stick (the applicator on these is amazing, easy to fit in your bag and not goopy, super easy to quickly apply)
Spray mini hand sanitizer
Lastly, I always bring a second set of headphones, I made that mistake once and never again.

Last edited:
Have family making their first trip to WDW (AoA Little Mermaid), we are considering putting together a "go" bag or basket of helpful/necessary things they might not think of ... what would you put in to it? Parents, G-ma, 3 girls age 8, 5, infant will be traveling (autotrain). It's been so long since we have been there with little ones, especially during these times. Look forward to the suggestions!

We drive, so pack everything into the car. Whether these will be helpful on the autotrain, I don't know.

Things that we have taken for the hotel room:
Bandaids, Moleskin, small travel sewing kit with mini scissors, paper tape, neosporin
Tylenol (for all age groups), cold medicine (all age groups), anti itch gel, sunburn spray (relieves pain)
Snacks, drinks
Monkey Butt Powder (the ladies doesn't have talc), BodyGlide

Things we have taken for the parks:
Portable charger/cords
Hand sanitizer, sunscreen, chapstick, motion sickness medications, Tylenol, Bandaids
Baby wipes, Cottonelle wipes (the TP at the parks is not good), Tissues, Lysol/Clorox wipes (to wipe down tables and chairs when we go to eat), Purell wipes
Ponchos
ziplocs

Ponchos
Snacks
Bandaids ( can't stress this enough. Lots of walking, lots of blisters )
Sunscreen
Meds
Drinks of your choice, water, soda, etc. I usually by a couple of 12 packs of sodas and pack them up.
Extra masks.
Lots of quarters.

night light (either constant on or motions sensor). Don't laugh, we have one of those potty lights hanging on a towel rack. As soon as DH makes two steps towards the bathroom, the light comes on. I don't think it's as bright as a normal nightlight. Which is good for not totally ruining my sleep.

night light (either constant on or motions sensor). Don't laugh, we have one of those potty lights hanging on a towel rack. As soon as DH makes two steps towards the bathroom, the light comes on. I don't think it's as bright as a normal nightlight. Which is good for not totally ruining my sleep.
LOL this is definitely a great thing to have especially in the 1br villas ..... trying to navigate the myriad of doors from the bedroom to the toilet in the dark while in a sleep fog can be interesting especially if you do split stays where the layouts might be a little different.

I take a divided tupperware container--little kids too excited to eat still get hungry and that half a cutie or cinnamon roll, apple slices or mini carrots survive til needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter