Goal Getting....my journey....lmhall2000

:wave2:

Way to go on the plan. And I agree 9 weeks is definitely enough time!!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Hey Tara -

Sounds like you have a great plan in place and I know you are determined enough to get there. Keep working hard and drinking that water and you'll be posting pictures in that dress :flower:

So far sooo good...I've managed to do my 4.3 mile walk 3 days in a row..and Sunday even managed a few laps in the pool. I only had one slimfast each day and had a very small lunch and a good dinner...but I did have 3 150 calorie cheats on Saturday...my 6 year old can never eat a double nutter bar so when she opens a package she always brings me the other one...but yesterday I made it through with just one which I'm okay with. I still am keeping my calories under 1500 (except for Saturday, I'm sure) and am feeling energetic...

I'll weigh several times a week to keep on check but M-F I seem to have no problem cheating with eating...it's the weekends...so hopefully this week will show a 2 pound loss! That's what I'm shooting for..but also when I up my walking (it'll be over 25 miles this week if it goes as planned) it seems the scales stall for a few weeks while I'm adding muscle..hope I can lose and gain muscle, too.

Down to GOAL!!!
Tara

Tera...how are you feeling with your weight? Do you have an idea of what goal will be for you? I'm really thinking 145 would be best for me. As long as I can comfortably wear 8's and a few 10's I'll call it quits...just don't know what that number will be! :)

Tara - You go girl!!! There is such determination in your posts. Keep it up!!!

I'm getting there with my weight. I still have so much on my butt/legs that I know I need to lose another 10 pounds at least. I'm about 151 because of our vacation, but should be back in the 140's in another week. My heighest weight range for WW is 145 and I think I might shoot for that with them, but I'd like to be at 135 for my own personal goal. I always thought once I got into size 10's, I'd be thrilled, but I'm shooting for size 6. I can wear a size 8 stretched, so I know once I lose another 10 pounds, a 6 should be pretty close. You just have to find your comfort zone. You'll know when you get there :teeth:

Part one of my 9 week makeover is complete!!!

I walked 25.8 miles this week!!!!!

I was not so good on the eating...some days were good others my body just craved carbs so I don't expect a big loss this week but the change I feel in my body (leaner calves, stronger thighs, smaller arms) will be worth it.

For the week 8 of my makeover I plan to keep walking the 25.8 miles (calling it my marathon weekly makeover plan) and add in 2 days of cardio pilates...plus I'll be very focused on my eating and try to cut out the sugars and add more fresh veggies and fruit...plus drinking more water...that I have been HORRIBLE at!

I saw a lady last night on FIT TV who lost 28.8 pounds in 8 weeks and lost tons of inches...she worked out like a fiend and really watched her food....it was inspiring...I'll shoot for 15-20 pounds but I liked how her arms looked with all those free weights so I"m going to try to do 15 minutes a day of that.

Tara

wow - great job!!! I would live to tone up my arms too. Did that program show specific exercises?

Hey!

The arm exercises she did were intense and immense! :) Some that I remember were...
1. Lat pull downs
2. Bicep curls
3. Triceps press
4. Some apparatus hooked to her waist where she then had to "crawl" her way up an incline before the hook pulled her back.
5. Free weight cross-swings...you hold the weights in both hands then cross them in front of you and up using your shoulders

She had some really defined arm muscles...I'm sticking to the 5 exercises Oprah shows on her website under her boot camp...they really seem to work, too!

Tara

Hey Tara - Great job getting those miles in. You sound so determined.

Keep up the great work and I know you'll be getting to your goal soon.

Have a great weekend!!

Good job on getting those miles in - that amount of miles is almost what it is from my driveway to my dads driveway!!!!! LOL

Keep up the good work!

Chris

Thanks guys!!! I'm feeling it today...I skipped Saturday's workout- had a surprise party to throw and it zapped all my time...and today we woke up late and rushed to church and I just woke from a long nap. I started TOM on Saturday (weigh in day) and was up 1.6 pounds...ugh! But the good news is I can tell I've whittled my thighs and hips...clothes are looser...so this week I'm pushing for a good sized loss.

So I'm gettting aggressive and shooting for a 3.8 pound loss so I can grab that 65 pound clippie.

Will walk MTWHFS and fit in some cardio pilates to help stretch these tight hamstrings.

And will do slimfast 2x daily those days just to help curb this raging appetite I have from all this walking! :)

On to GOAL!
Tara

I like the 9-week makeover plan. It sounds like a great goal. How much weight have you lost already? Almost 65 lbs? I was just confused by the ticker and the mention of the 65 lbs.

Hey Calena!!! I had lost 65 pounds...but saw 176 for just a second...so I'm trying to reclaim my 65 pound clippie...I'm just shy of reclaiming it. I want to be well into the 160's by my birthday on 9/13...so I'm hoping all this walking will kick me up there! :)

I walked 4.3 miles this am in 1 hour and 7 minutes...if we shave 3 more minutes off we'll be maintaining a 15 minute walk...whew!! My legs are feeling it! :) I also started my arm routine...they're sore but I know they'll love the way they look in 8 more weeks! :)

Had bacon/eggs for breakfast and grape juice..lunch will be slimfast and dinner will probably be salad and chicken.

Tara

You must be getting close to that 65 pound clippie - hope you are doing okay!!!

Chris

YEAH!!! I grabbed that 65 pound clippie!!! Granted I weighed 176.8...but I did see 176 on the scale so I'm claiming it!! I have completed 3 weeks of walking 26 miles and interestingly the first two weeks showed a gain of a pound or a loss of a pound...this time I lost 3 pounds so I think my muscle exchange has balanced itself out and will not start burning the poundage off..

I have not been consistent with my arm exercises...trying to make that a priority this week...I'm doing boy style push ups and am up to 11...blech! But I am doing curls/lat/triceps moves that hopefully will strengthen me.

Goal for this week is to add more water in..some days I get less than a cup in! Pitiful! But I am getting skim milk or unsweet tea in...or fruit..but I need to get better with the water!!! :)

YEAH!!!! Finally going to kick myself out of the 170's!!!! :)
Tara

Congratulations Tara!!!! WEIGH to go on getting that 65 pound clippie... it looks so good on you ;) Keep up the great work :teeth:

I'm on a quest for weekly NEW NUMBERS...meaning numbers that I haven't seen in over 10 years!!! Today was a NEW NUMBER weigh in day!!!

YAHOO!!! Still maintaining my 26 miles walked each week!!! So even though the scale doesn't go more than a pound or two each week my body is really whittling itself and I love how my clothes are fitting...LOOSELY!!!!

Tara

Today was a GREAT day! I tried on my "goal" jeans (the ones I bought on sale and said, man if I ever can fit into these and have them slip on I'll be at GOAL!)..well they actually pulled on and ZIPPED!!! I didn't even have to lay down to do it...granted on that doesn't qualify as a zip but what it does tell me is that I'm now 20 pounds away from GOAL! 20 pounds ago I tried on a pair of jeans that I could just barely zip/button and now they're way slippy on me...so I'm hoping the same holds true with the next 20 pounds!!! So I think 155 will be a good weight for me. Hoping that holds true!

Also...I tried on a swimsuit and the bridesmaid dress and both looked pretty good on me...they'll look better with 10 more pounds off but I could have gone to the wedding today and felt good about it!!! All that walking is really shaping my body!!

YAHOO!!! only 2 weeks to Disney and hopefully I'll be 5 pounds thinner by then...Loving getting to goal!!!
Tara

I'm thinking you are probably at Disney or on your way home and hoping that you had a great time. And congrats on those jeans a few weeks ago!!!!

Chris

Okay, yesterday I weighed 180.4...ugh...but not so ugh...I know I'll never see 180 again. Just returned from a weekend wedding where I fit into a size 12 bridesmaid dress and whew boy was I curvy! :) I'm vowing to get down to the 150's before the end of this year...it's only 21 pounds away...I know I can do this...I'm going to just suck it up and do slimfast 2 meals a day and a good dinner...I also walk 4 miles every morning except Sunday so that should help. We'll see how it goes.

I've been walking that much for over 8 weeks now and can really tell a size difference in my clothes although the scale is kind of the same...so hopefully with really focusing on the slimfast and the walking..I can jump start and get 10 pounds off this month and aim for 5 for November and 5 for December...they're hard months to lose in for me. But I'll be thrilled to finally be in the 150's and we'll see how my clothes fit me at that weight...then determine what my final goal weight will be. But to be below 158 will mean 100 pounds less than my all-time highest...and that's what I'm shooting for right now.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT losing week and I'll weigh in weekly from here to January! :)
Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts