going solo in DLP day 2

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
6th April 2002
Destination - Bussy St George, Paris
Cast – Me - all alone – Elise 36/7

Got up at 8.30 – nice breakfast, but the croissant fairy seemed to make 4 pastries vanish from my plate – moi - 4 croissants, never! Got RER to Chessny, about 2.5 € return. Quite a short Q, then used Disneyclub card to get discount from 36€ to 31€ - cool.

Bought a bumbag and wallet, transferred essentials – C/cards and ciggys, then booked bag into Guest storage.
Hint – when at the till and they look confused at the D/club card, just say nonchalantly – “I usually get 10% off” and they don’t usually question it.

Zoomed up to SM and got FP. Went into Visioneer –loved this. Onto the orbiters – Wheeeee!!! Then onto SM for the first time. Now I really, really hate coasters, but I bullied myself into it. I waited so I could get onto the front – idiot!!! I really thought I was going to throw up, but opened my eyes and screamed and that seemed to release all the tension in my tummy area. I loved it, especially on about the 4th time round!! Is it me, or do you get used to these the more you go on them??

Star Wars was superb - really great theming. Then went on the railway all the way round just for the sake of it. It was now approaching 2.30 and Q’s were starting to build up for the parade so took off for the village for some lunch. Went to the Steakhouse. French Onion Soup, Mixed Grill (Fillet Steak, Duck Breast, Chicken Breast, Sausage, Pork chop, mushrooms and pepper on a brochette), and Trio of Crème Brule (pistachio, vanilla and Choc), glass of wine and a coffee – 40€/36€ with DC disc.

Got a couple of T-shirts for the boys in the Sports shop – 8.5€, then returned to the park at 5.00, just as it was disgorging what seemed like several thousand families going home for tea. Still had to q a bit as all FP run out but not too bad? Indy Jones and Thunder Mountain were fun. Went on Pirates and got a wet bum!!

Went through the castle – I really love being able to go in here as opposed to just looking at it in Orlando – The sleeping beauty windows are lovely, and the dragon made me jump. It is so nice not having to worry that the kids might get scared – LOL.
Finally after some more window shopping, got the RER back at 7.30, had a coffee and a nap until 9.00. Now the plan was to have dinner late so the kids would be in bed – Wrong!! The place was still heaving with families and there was a playroom next door. It’s funny but when you don’t have your own kids with you, other peoples really get on your nerves!!

Dinner was a bit so so, not a very inspiring menu. Had Veg soup, Pasta Carbonara, tarte citrone, Kir Vin Blanc and a free coffee s it all took so long to come out. 24€
Then back up to bath and bed

DLP – much smaller park and so much easier to get around in a day. Space Mountain is totally awesome. There seemed to be way too many shops – every themed area seemed to have at least 5 or 6 shops and thousands of snack bars. Saw hardly any characters, but I wasn’t really looking for them this time.

... really enjoying reading your reports Elise - it's interesting to read aboutit from a single traveller's perspective and staying off-site too. How long did it take you to get from DLP to your hotel?

About 15 mins on the RER - really handy.
RER station about 5 mins walk from the hotel.

That was some day, Elise. It's so much easier to get round things when yer on yer own isn't it?

Glad yer survived and enjoyed SM.

Sounds a fun day Elise. :)

Four croissants - yummy!!

Astrid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter