Going to Disney in March

Dcgc28

DISdad #864.
I’ve never been and I obviously plan on doing a bunch of research, but just curious what are some differences between going in spring and in fall from a parties or seasonal stand point?

Also curious on opinions about DVC point rentals? If we were content and happy at All Star Movies is it really worth it to try a different resort or should be just go where we know our daughter likes?

March can be busy depending on where the spring breaks peak. Upside is that easter is in april in 2020, so that should spread some of the crowds around.

I don't think the dates have been published yet for flower and garden, but I think it usually opens in March.

I say go where you're happy.

We go every year in march, its our get away from the cold.. we went once in the fall its was so much hotter than i would have liked. Love the spring weather in Florida. Spring breaks are different for every school starting in march and running till Easter. There are cheer /band/choir festivals going on but its really not as bad as i thought it would be maybe depends on the week in March

Will be there first week of March at AoA. I am hoping this will be early enough to avoid the Spring Break rush.
I think first week of March will be a good time to go. Should beat the spring break crowd, and Mardi Gras isn't happening that week, so I think first week of March should be ok as far as crowds.

Last edited:
We are going the first week in March. We just got back from a trip September 5-11. Crowds were non-existent, but the heat was 95+ every day, and nearly killed me! I am thinking even with larger crowds, the comfort factor of waiting in lines outweighs the discomfort of no lines, on your feet all day still, and heat/humidity making everyone exhausted!

We are going the first week in March. We just got back from a trip September 5-11. Crowds were non-existent, but the heat was 95+ every day, and nearly killed me! I am thinking even with larger crowds, the comfort factor of waiting in lines outweighs the discomfort of no lines, on your feet all day still, and heat/humidity making everyone exhausted!

We overlapped a little! I was there the 8-14th and I agree it was very hot and uncomfortable but being from Louisiana I was sort of used to it, though I hate to say that because you’re right it’s unbearable there in the fall.

Also thanks for the responses. We’re still talking about it. We have considered pushing back to Nov 2020. But I still appreciate the tidbits. I never considered spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter