Going to Hoop-Dee-Doo from Beach Club

TNKim

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Beach Club and need to be at Hoop-Dee-Doo for the 6:15 show. How is the best (quickest) way to get there? I know we can take the bus to MK, then boat to Fort Wilderness, but I'm looking for other options. One is to take Uber or Lyft to the Contemporary Resort, then walk to MK, and take the boat to Fort Wilderness. The other is to Uber to Wilderness Lodge, then boat to Fort Wilderness. I understand if I Uber to Fort Wilderness I would have to take an internal bus to get to the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Any other options? And what time would we need to leave Beach Club to be there in time for the 6:15 show? Would leaving at 4:30 be early enough or too early?

Quickest is Minnie Van to within a couple of hundred yards of HDDR.

If you rideshare to the Contemporary, you can take a boat directly from there to Fort Wilderness (well, with a stop at WL). If you rideshare to WL, as long as you get on a boat going in the right direction - ask - it's a direct ride.

Any boat you take drops off close to Pioneer Hall, no internal bus necessary.

MK by bus then FW by boat, extreme time is 91 minutes.

One is to take Uber or Lyft to the Contemporary Resort, then walk to MK, and take the boat to Fort Wilderness. The other is to Uber to Wilderness Lodge, then boat to Fort Wilderness.

IIRC they have 2 routes that make the loop. One that goes from FW to the CR to WL and back to FW and one that does the opposite route. They are flagged with different colors so you know which one goes where, but of course the Captain will tell you.

The quickest way is Minnie Van. They drop you off right at Pioneer Hall. Uber/Lyft drop at the front of the resort. You then need to take a bus to PH.

I am assuming you meant FW (Fort Wilderness), not WL (Widerness Lodge), correct?
There's a bus non-stop from WL to Pioneer Hall that runs about every 15 minutes. There's also a 1.1-mile walking trail thru the forest; I don't know whether it's open after dark.

I just read a post that the trail was closed for Reflections construction, and the bus is taking a longer route, which I fear may not be non-stop.

Last edited:

There's a bus non-stop from WL to Pioneer Hall that runs about every 15 minutes. There's also a 1.1-mile walking trail thru the forest; I don't know whether it's open after dark.

I just read a post that the trail was closed for Reflections construction, and the bus is taking a longer route, which I fear may not be non-stop.

Well that (the walking trail being closed) is one reason why I was asking the PP to clarify. The other is that they said “internal bus” which some interpret to be the FW internal bus system, not necessarily the bus route you refer to (at least that’s how I read it when I see “internal bus”).

Well that (the walking trail being closed) is one reason why I was asking the PP to clarify. The other is that they said “internal bus” which some interpret to be the FW internal bus system, not necessarily the bus route you refer to (at least that’s how I read it when I see “internal bus”).
It actually is an internal FtW bus (or was when I was driving), but that's a technicality probably not known by many. IIRC, it was the Yellow bus, and (when the GPS was working right) the marquee changed to WL at the Settlement. If they're going around thru the Outpost now, it would still be a FtW bus, as only FtW drivers are authorized to drive thru the campground, but it may a separate route.

It actually is an internal FtW bus (or was when I was driving), but that's a technicality probably not known by many. IIRC, it was the Yellow bus, and (when the GPS was working right) the marquee changed to WL at the Settlement. If they're going around thru the Outpost now, it would still be a FtW bus, as only FtW drivers are authorized to drive thru the campground, but it may a separate route.
There are 3 internal bus routes for FW. Only one will go all the way to WL (from what I remember). There can be a lengthy wait for this bus.
I would concur that the best option is Minnie Van.
Cheapest option is bus to MK and then boat to FW. Allow at least an hour travel time.
Taking an uber/lyft to either CR or WL and then boat to FW will not save much time as you have a good 5-10 minute walk to the docks to catch the boat plus another 15 minutes or so for the actual boat ride.(15-20 minute wait time if you just missed the boat). I would do this option only if you wanted to look around the resort.

Thanks for all the helpful comments! I think the Minnie Van is what we will do! I seem to remember reading there are buses available afterward to return to resorts. Is this still the case? We may want to check out the Chip & Dale campfire if it's still going on when we get out. If we do this, we will probably boat to MK, then bus back to Beach Club.

Thanks for all the helpful comments! I think the Minnie Van is what we will do! I seem to remember reading there are buses available afterward to return to resorts. Is this still the case? We may want to check out the Chip & Dale campfire if it's still going on when we get out. If we do this, we will probably boat to MK, then bus back to Beach Club.
Yes, we went on January 12th to the 8:30 show and they had busses afterwards to take us straight back to our resort. Have a great time!!

Cheapest option is bus to MK and then boat to FW. Allow at least an hour travel time
I calculated this for a friend some years ago anthe number stuck with me. Worst case standard conditions, justmissing the bus from one's resort, then justmissing the boat to FW, plus walk time (no other traffic issues) means allowing 91 minutes. And that was before all the added security tables.

Even Disney says (okay, recommends/advises) allowing 90 minutes to get from one resort to another using WDW transportation.
I seem to remember reading there are buses available afterward to return to resorts. Is this still the case?
After the 8:30 show. Following the earlier shows, it's easy to take Disney transportation to a park, then transfer.

I calculated this for a friend some years ago anthe number stuck with me. Worst case standard conditions, justmissing the bus from one's resort, then justmissing the boat to FW, plus walk time (no other traffic issues) means allowing 91 minutes. And that was before all the added security tables.

Even Disney says (okay, recommends/advises) allowing 90 minutes to get from one resort to another using WDW transportation.
Yeah, my rule of thumb is 60 minutes where there's direct transportation, 90 minutes any time a transfer is involved (except Skyliner).

As an FYI to get from the Hoop to The Meadows area, where the C+D campfire is a half mile flat walk or you can take an internal bus.

you will need to get to middle of campground as campfire is not near Hoop

IIRC they have 2 routes that make the loop. One that goes from FW to the CR to WL and back to FW and one that does the opposite route. They are flagged with different colors so you know which one goes where, but of course the Captain will tell you.
When we were at the Contemporary. They actually had signs directing you to the side of the dock to board the boat going to where you want go. WL first boat docked on the left side, and the FW first boat docked on the right side.

When I was driving, it was under the MK bus ops and it went from the TTC to WL to the Settlement on the back road and back to WL and the TTC. I never did get internal Fort trained which I really wish I had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!