Going to Sandusky......Need Advice...

Dax

Emma and Christopher's Mommy - Best job ever
On a hotel. My hubby and I are going to Sandusky soon, as the timer shows, and we were looking for a hotel to stay at during our visit to Cedar Point. We dont have a lot of money...or we would be staying at Great Bear Lodge...we were looking into Breakers Express...any suggestions? Any advice...Thanks...We are staying in a Wingate when we are at Kings Island, its about 10 miles away and they are a great hotel...Thanks again...

We stayed at Breakers Express last year and it was fine. The bonus to staying there is that you get early admission into the park. Worked great for my nephew who is a coaster fanatic and hit all the big ones before the lines got too out of control.

Judy:jester:

If you go to CP early in the season - Breakers Express is a very good value. We stayed there last year in early June and had a 2-night package that included continental breakfast and tickets. However - if you go on a weekend or later in the summer, Breakers Express will be pretty pricey - but then so will the dumps!

Just be sure to ask to see the room first. we stayed offsite last year and it was a dump. The lobby looked decent but once we got to the room we didn't want to stay there. we checked for other rooms in the area and everything was booked, this was at the end of august close to CP closing for the season.

I'm not sure but think it was comfort inn maingate...just asked DH & he said yes that it was a comfort inn...it was to the left of pizza hut...same side of rd. This was an old property, We have stayed at plenty of comfort inns with no complaints. This one we booked ahead of time site unseen. The only good thing i can say about the room is it was clean. There was a huge gap under the outside door We ended up stuffing towels there so mosquitos couldn't get in.
We were on 2nd floor and there was a skinny outside walkway to the rooms that was wet from all the air conditioners... and a tall row of bushes right outside our door & the next 5 in both directions, we felt boxed in... When we got to the room there was NO towels at all ....we told the front desk and had to go get them ourselves...We Then took GS's 9&5 to the pool...also in bad need of repair...chips in cement etc. Next morning we got up went to CP and when we got back to the room it had been cleaned but still no towels...again i go to desk to tell them and pick up towels. Next morning we get woke up at 6am by neighbors (not hotels fault) laughing and talking about all the fun they had night before on the rides, it sounded like a bunch of teenagers....and i do mean they were very loud....I called the front desk & asked if they would call them to tell them they were keeping people awake....i heard there phone ring and they did quite down for all of 5 min....then i called the neighbors and said we are trying to sleep could you please hold down the noise...this time it lasted all of 7 min. We are not early risers.

We decided that if this yr we cannot get a room onsite then we just won't go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter