Going to Universal Resort next week, Will I fit in rides!!

Labribr

Earning My Ears
I am going to Universal and Islands of adventure next week and after seeing some post, I am panicking about not being able to ride the rides with my daughter! I can ride everything at Disney so I didn't even think about this being an issue. ( I am a single mom and this is her first trip).I am a woman who is 5'4 and 259lbs. Everything I found online talked about chest and gut size being a problem but for me I am scared my hips will. I am a size 20 bottom, XL top. I have a smaller chest 36C, 16" shoulders, and a 38" waist( not sucking in ). My hips and butt however are 58 inches. I know I can fit into a sculpted arm chair which seat measures 16.5 inches between the arms ( and that is a tight squeeze but I fit ). Don't need fat comments as I am already on a diet and have lost some weight, but I cant move trip so here I am. Will I most likely be able to ride most of the rides, or what rides will I probably miss out on?

Thank you so much for all the help in advanced!

We have a few threads about questions “ will I fit” that will help you

suggest you use the search button to pull them up
Some have the info in detail you are seeking

I’m getting ready to leave the house soon but will check back here later this afternoon in case you need anymore help

Would you be willing to give an update on your trip and what you could ride? I have a trip scheduled in Jan. 21 and am concerned about the same thing. Thank you

If you search on YouTube, there are a few people who filmed themselves testing rides or talked about their fit. Pammie Plus Parks is one person and there's a guy who does videos if you search Universal rides big and tall.

It will depend on how you carry your weight. There are modified seats for most of the rides that are tight. I was able to ride everything at 5'9" & 250/260 pounds. Definitely check out the test seats and be prepared that you will most likely have to use the modified seats.

It will depend on how you carry your weight. There are modified seats for most of the rides that are tight. I was able to ride everything at 5'9" & 250/260 pounds. Definitely check out the test seats and be prepared that you will most likely have to use the modified seats.
This was posted back in February, I think the OP has already been now x

For others searching who may come across this thread, we went last year and I'm about 5'6" and was around 240-250lbs. I wear an 18 and am more heavy on the top. The only ride I couldn't get on was the Hulk (I didn't try the tall red one, can't remember it's name). I was pleasantly surprised with everything I was able to fit on. You could tell a few times where I had to wait a turn and was then put in a certain row the second time, but I was just so excited to be riding that I didn't care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter