Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, because the car rental agency absolutely would not be okay with it.
It depends on the rental company, there are many that allow drivers at 18+, especially if there is a driver in the vehicle over 24. But they usually do charge extra.

Now back to the discussion, I think the big question you have to answer is do you need a rental car? Personally, I love driving and almost always drive at home, but I love the break from driving when going to Disney World. Of course if staying off-site you may need a rental car, but onsite doesn't necessarily need it.

If you don't have the rental car, would you be more comfortable with the Maxima or the Victory 10?

If you do have a rental car, then the size of vehicle would probably dictate if the Victory 10 or GoGo sport would be appropriate, assuming you are within the weight limits of both of course.

Just my opinion, but that is how I would start to figure it out.

Thanks to everyone. It’s been years since I’ve gone to the mothership in the summer. I’m a winter girl now but this is my grandsons graduation trip and he doesn’t want to wait. I can’t remember the last time I rented a car at Disney. Unfortunately this trip looks like it requires one. We are doing much going “here and there”. For example. We are starting at Universal. Our last day there we are doing volcano bay then need to go check in at Pop to shower and get to Disney Springs in time for our Enzo's adr then to animal kingdom for after dark. Plus we are doing offsite things. I think my grandson is trying to kill me. As stated by another poster—trying to add an 18 year old to a car rental is super $$$. I rented a smaller scooter two years ago and I felt like I didn’t get the “mileage” I should have out of it. The last day of my trip I had to carry my charger with me and top off every time I could. Now I have a lot of things to weigh. When I get back I’ll let you guys know how things with a scooter went.

Well, that's the nice thing with Gold Mobility, I never once had to top off during the day, in fact towards the end of the trip I didn't even bother bringing the charger with.

Well, that's the nice thing with Gold Mobility, I never once had to top off during the day, in fact towards the end of the trip I didn't even bother bringing the charger with.
The battery on 3 out of four scooters we rented from Gold Mobility never showed less than full charge even after an 8 hour day at MK. The forth scooter when down two-three bars after 8 hours, but was still in the green lights. The user was over the capacity of 400 lbs of that one, and I'm sure that was the reason. We packed his charger but never actually needed it.

The battery on 3 out of four scooters we rented from Gold Mobility never showed less than full charge even after an 8 hour day at MK. The forth scooter when down two-three bars after 8 hours, but was still in the green lights. The user was over the capacity of 400 lbs of that one, and I'm sure that was the reason. We packed his charger but never actually needed it.
Let's just say I pushed the weight limit on it myself and never had that issue, it could be that battery was slightly degraded.

60041157_837038693331146_2200872221793058816_n.jpg

Has anyone rented the Gold Mobility electric wheelchair called the Pride Jazzy Passport?

Edit to say that Gold Mobility Scooter, LLC is not renting these, but they are selling them.

They say it has been very popular.

It looks very similar to my electric wheelchair.

I realize that an electric wheelchair is not for a lot of folks that have never used one. But for me, I took to my electric wheelchair quickly after renting one before purchasing one. I got to tell you that if they are going to sell these after six months usage like they do their mobility scooter, I might think about buying one when mine wears out.

I don't know anyplace where you can buy a used, six-month-old electric wheelchair, much less a six-month-old electric mobility scooter.

I don't see it listed on their website yet, but I presume that you have to call them for rental like they were preparing the new Pride Maxima mobility scooters before renting them in June.

I can't wait to see it.

I don't know if they are making any modifications to the one I saw on SpinLife.com, but here is their specification below from SpinLife.com

Specifications for the Jazzy Passport
Turning Radius: 24.25"
Tire Type: Solid
Air Filled
Ground Clearance: 3.00"
Top Speed: 3.60 mph
Heaviest Piece: 54 lbs.
Battery Charge Distance: 9.60 miles
Drive Type: Rear Wheel Drive
Foldable: Yes
Disassembles: No
Legrest Options: Footplate
Seat Options: Stadium Seat
Seat Widths: 18"
Seat Depths: 16"
Seat to Floor Height: 19
Overall Width: 23.50"
Overall Length: 40"
Joystick Options: Right
Left
Frame Type: Transportable
Batteries: One 24V 18AH Lithium Ion Battery
Batteries Included: Yes
Battery Charger Type: Off Board
Drive Wheel Size: 12"
Caster Size: 8"
Caster Type: Solid
Base Weight: 61.00 lbs.
Battery Pack Weight: 7.00 lbs.
Weight Without Batteries: 54.00 lbs.
Handles Thresholds of 2" or More: No

Code:
https://www.spinlife.com/files/jazzy-passport.pdf

Code:
https://www.spinlife.com/files/Jazzy%20Passport%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

50505.png

116467_1_13.jpg

116467_2_13.png

116467_4_13.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I meant to get back here over the weekend but didn’t. I actually managed to talk to someone at Gold. He answered my questions as follows: they had just received the maxima but they do not disassemble. The victory does break down. However he first said that you would need to have a full size SUV to transport it. Then he said a smaller SUV or van but the third row would need to be able to fold down. I’m still on the fence. There isn’t any way I could drive a full size SUV. My grandson will be with me but since he’s only 18 i wouldn’t be comfortable with him driving a rental one.

We have been able to get a dissembled Pride 10 into the back of a Captiva (not sure what the equivalent is now the Captiva's been discontinued), but usually prefer to hire a Grand Caravan and put the third row down. It's not as wide as a full size SUV - which I can't drive because I'm quite short and my feet won't reach the pedals - never mind me being able to climb in and out! Basically, though, you can get a dissembled Pride 10 into most intermediate SUVs (put any unneeded seats down, though, to give you more room for putting bags etc.

It's my understanding that we would need to receive the scooter directly from Gold Mobility and pay them at that time. Can someone please tell me... is this done in the hotel lobby? Is Gold Mobility prompt or is there a window of time they can deliver? We'll be staying at Beach Club Villas this June.

It's my understanding that we would need to receive the scooter directly from Gold Mobility and pay them at that time. Can someone please tell me... is this done in the hotel lobby? Is Gold Mobility prompt or is there a window of time they can deliver? We'll be staying at Beach Club Villas this June.

When I was at BCV, there was a little bench outside, by the valet stand where I sat. They showed up about 3 minutes after I got there, and were very apologetic that I had to wait. I got the impression that they often time it to be there right when you get there.

When I was at BCV, there was a little bench outside, by the valet stand where I sat. They showed up about 3 minutes after I got there, and were very apologetic that I had to wait. I got the impression that they often time it to be there right when you get there.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I appreciate it :) I've used Buena Vista in the past but I'm thinking of trying out Gold Mobility this time.

When we used them last summer, we communicated via text when we landed in Orlando to let them know our timing. We actually pulled into OKW right behind them when we got there. One of the easiest parts of the trip. So friendly, and helpful. We will be using them again this summer.

We are not traveling until October and since it is Hyatt/cruise/resort we usually rent from Walker. Does anyone know if Gold would deliver to the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport Valet desk. We would return it while staying at a Wdw property.

done in lobby. Our inbound flight was delayed and communicated our new arrival time. they got there the same time the MDE arrived and pick up they were also on time

We are not traveling until October and since it is Hyatt/cruise/resort we usually rent from Walker. Does anyone know if Gold would deliver to the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport Valet desk. We would return it while staying at a Wdw property.

You should call them, and ask to make sure, but it's not uncommon for people to change Resorts during their trip, so I can't imagine it would be a problem.

When we used them last summer, we communicated via text when we landed in Orlando to let them know our timing. We actually pulled into OKW right behind them when we got there. One of the easiest parts of the trip. So friendly, and helpful. We will be using them again this summer.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I love "friendly and helpful" :) And their timing seems to be right on. We'll be arriving by car, so we might be able to text them a little ahead of time too.

done in lobby. Our inbound flight was delayed and communicated our new arrival time. they got there the same time the MDE arrived and pick up they were also on time
Wonderful! This is so great to hear. Thank you :)

I have had 3 fantastic scooter rentals from Gold Mobility. Nick and Ron are always on time, very pleasant, and make sure I can use and take apart the go-go scooter. This company gives exceptional service. Our scooters have been in great shape, everything working, never a battery charge issue. I give them a very high recommendation.

Anyone have a problem getting scooter on and off busses?
Just one time.
The bus that I was loading onto couldn't "kneel" like the other buss's.
As I was driving up the steeper than normal ramp my ECV started to tip backwards.
The driver knew this could be an issue so he was at the rear door and he grabbed my ECV handlebar and pulled me on board.
He apologized for the condition of the bus and said that he'd complained about it but he was told to put it in service regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter