Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an easy time getting on the bus, parking it myself in the scooter area, and then getting off. I have only had one problem, and like reported above, it was the condition of the ramp on the bus. The driver had trouble getting the hydraulics on the ramp to even move it. Finally, she lifted it up and out by hand. This had nothing to do with the condition of the scooter, and she admitted the bus ramp needed repairs. That's the only time I've ever had an issue. The scooters, themselves, are very easy to maneuver.

Anyone have a problem getting scooter on and off busses?

Just take your time. :)

Let the driver know - before you ever start up the ramp! - that you are a newbie, and will appreciate any help they can offer.

Make sure to go as s l o w l y as possible (use the "turtle" speed!) up the ramp. Typically, you will be instructed to turn to the *right* at the top of the ramp, once you are inside the bus. At that point, if you are the only device on board, you may be instructed to drive forward a bit more (towards the front end of the bus) and then back up and "parallel park" so that your scooter is perpendicular to the ramp you just came up.

It's usually involves a few more maneuvers if there is already a device on board, but it's still not super difficult. Go slow, stay calm, and it's done before you know it! :) The driver will remind you to make sure that any brakes are set, and that the key (or power) is turned off as well.

The driver will hook 2 straps that are then tightened down to keep the device from rolling around.

When it is time to disembark (remember that mobility devices may load first, but they always unload last, after everyone else is off the bus) again, listen to the advice of your driver - they load scooters and wheelchairs all day, every day that they are driving, so they are your "expert", right there with you! Typically, they will unhook the straps, and stow them, and then help you turn the scooter so that you can drive as straight as possible down the ramp, and out of the bus. Again, "turtle speed" is your friend here - go slowly, and make sure that you don't turn your front wheel(s) until your back wheels are completely clear of the ramp, and on the ground.

You always have the option to push the scooter up the ramp, into the bus and then when it's time to get off the bus, you can pull it down the ramp (probably best to walk backwards, with both hands on the tiller for maximum control).

You can also have any adult (over the age of 18) member of your travel party drive the scooter on and off the bus for you. :)

Gold Mobility Scooters LLC
16 mins ·
IMPORTANT NOTICE - March 25, 2019

We are sold out for scooter rental deliveries and pickups for today Saturday, March 25, Sunday, March 26, Monday, March 27. We are not accepting any additional reservations for pickups or deliveries for those dates. We have reached our full capacity for those dates and we are sold out. We just cannot deliver or pick up any additional scooters or strollers on the above dates. If you are already scheduled for a Delivery or Pickup during this time this will not affect your reservation.

We currently have plenty of rental reservations available from June 1st and on. During these next 6 Days, we expect very high call volume. If you would like to place a future reservation from June 1 and on, please use our automated reservation system at *********************com.

If you leave a message we will do our best to contact you back as soon as possible. Gold Mobility Scooters has been growing at a rate of 30% every month for the past year. With that in mind, it's very important this summer vacation season to place your scooter rental reservations with us as soon as you know your travel dates. This allows us at Gold Mobility time to plan and expand inventory and delivery staff as needed. We thank all of our customers both new and existing for your continued business and many referrals!

Please also keep in mind that in park mobility scooter rentals are only available on a first come first serve basis. So there's no guarantee one will be available for you to rent when you get there! Book a guaranteed reservation with Gold Mobility Scooters 24 hours a day at *********************com or if you prefer to pay for your rental at the time of delivery call us 8AM-8PM 7 days a week at 407-414-0287. No Deposits, No credit card holds, No cancellation fee's, and No change fees.

WOW! Good for them! :) It's always nice to see a company that places a high value on excellent customer service *and* good prices doing so well! Their success is well-earned! :)

WOW! Good for them! :) It's always nice to see a company that places a high value on excellent customer service *and* good prices doing so well! Their success is well-earned! :)
I spoke with Nick the week before last and he said they are extremely busy and were adding to their inventory.
I reserved two of the new Maxima's for our June trip.

But disappointing that the new software is masking the GMS website :(

I Hired a scooter from Gold Mobility today for our trip after reading all the glorious reviews here on the Disney board. I rented the Victorious 10 scooter. I have a wheelchair we would like to take with us. Gold Mobility said they don't offer a wheel chair holder attachment just a cane holder or walker holder attachment. Does anyone have any experience with attaching a small wheel chair to a scooter?

I Hired a scooter from Gold Mobility today for our trip after reading all the glorious reviews here on the Disney board. I rented the Victorious 10 scooter. I have a wheelchair we would like to take with us. Gold Mobility said they don't offer a wheel chair holder attachment just a cane holder or walker holder attachment. Does anyone have any experience with attaching a small wheel chair to a scooter?

I have seen it done before, but in this case, since you are renting I would advise making sure it's OK with Gold first. I would contact them and make sure that they were OK with it, not just an "implied" OK because they allow canes and/or walkers to be attached.

If the back of the ECVs seat back is soft vinyl, it could be (inadvertently) damaged by the wheelchair.

The heaviest item that I have ever carried on the back of my wheelchair or mobility scooter was my walker. I use a bungee cord to hold items.

But a wheelchair sounds heavy.

I don't know if I would try that. Even if using a bungee cord, it could slip down because of the weight of the wheelchair and may damage the back of the seat's plastic, as mamabunny stated.

As a matter of fact, I have never heard anyone carry a wheelchair on the back of a mobility scooter.

The mobility scooter offers you a place to sit. Could you use a walker with a built-in seat?

A small wheelchair is still large - much larger than it seems any temporary attachment would be safe. Somebody in your party will have to push it.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I would like to know.. what is the difference between the 3 wheel scooter and the 4 wheel scooter? Does the extra wheel have any benefits?

I've had both the three wheel and four wheel scooter, and for me I prefer the three wheel-easier to maneuver and easier for me to push around when it's in "free wheel" (I'm a 145 pound woman who has trouble pushing 4 wheel ones around, but perhaps the 3 wheel also have a lower weight limit). Some people complain that the 3 wheel isn't as stable-night tip over, but I haven't felt that.

Well, when you drive off a curb because you thought the yellow painted line was just to make it look like curbing on flat ground - yeah, probably three wheels make you more likely to tip... :rolleyes1

The heaviest item that I have ever carried on the back of my wheelchair or mobility scooter was my walker. I use a bungee cord to hold items.

But a wheelchair sounds heavy.

I don't know if I would try that. Even if using a bungee cord, it could slip down because of the weight of the wheelchair and may damage the back of the seat's plastic, as mamabunny stated.

As a matter of fact, I have never heard anyone carry a wheelchair on the back of a mobility scooter.

The mobility scooter offers you a place to sit. Could you use a walker with a built-in seat?
Thanks for the tip, we are going to rent a walker with a seat from them. Then use the Walker Holder as my extra option. Hopefully it doesn't make the scooter to bulky. Do you think I should bring a bungie cord anyway? We are excited to use this newer company everyones raving about them everywhere. Last two times my scooter rental was a disaster with other suppliers. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip, we are going to rent a walker with a seat from them. Then use the Walker Holder as my extra option. Hopefully it doesn't make the scooter to bulky. Do you think I should bring a bungie cord anyway? We are excited to use this newer company everyones raving about them everywhere. Last two times my scooter rental was a disaster with other suppliers. Fingers crossed.

Make sure you let them know about your plan, in case it changes how the accessory is attached to the ECV, or which rollator they rent you. :) Don't want you to be disappointed if they can't figure out how to put the rollator on the back of the ECV.

Well, when you drive off a curb because you thought the yellow painted line was just to make it look like curbing on flat ground - yeah, probably three wheels make you more likely to tip... :rolleyes1

OK, there's a story there... and I'm ready to hear it whenever you are ready to tell it! Hopefully you are ok? :)

I'm fine :) Picture it...Disneyland...2005...Veterans Day

DL finally reopened some time after dark so I headed over from DCA, on a scooter. Very first visit ever. The Hub. I must have gotten up on the sidewalk at a curb cut, then promptly forgot.

I swear the line was trompe l'oeil. I swear it was. Apparently, in the few seconds it took me to get o the other side, somebody created a curb. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

So I think I'm crossing a painted line. Nope. Sideways off the curb onto my side. I swear (more seriously than above) a CM was there before I hit the ground. Okay, maybe it was a guest who's a nurse. Anyway, in less than a minute somebody was there from First Aid, and we were surrounded by CMs moving people along. "Nothing to see here"!

Anyway, no damage. I didn't hit my head, and surprisingly I didn't break anything!

Just wanted to say we were so pleased with Gold Mobility. We had arranged for a regular wheelchair for my Mom. We were staying in Windsor Palms. We arrived at the rental house around 3pm and just as we were getting out of the car, they showed up. What perfect timing. They had all of Mom's information already on file. They stated to leave the chair on the porch the following week and they would pick it up. The driver stated they are in Windsor Palms frequently.

Make sure you let them know about your plan, in case it changes how the accessory is attached to the ECV, or which rollator they rent you. :) Don't want you to be disappointed if they can't figure out how to put the rollator on the back of the ECV.
Talk to David from Gold Mobility this morning, they deliver the scooter to me directly at the resort. David said they will show us how to attach the Walker to the scooter. If I'm not comfortable with the size, or the process they will return the walker and attachment and refund the walker rental. Gold Mobility seems to be an overly accommodating company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts