Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would still vote for an immediate delivery - that way it's one less thing you have to worry about later, and if your plans change for some reason, you don't have to worry about the scooter delivery.

It really doesn't take very long to take delivery of the scooter, and once it's over and done, you can really start your Disney fun! 😀
Both the rentals with Gold Mobility Scooters they were waiting for us for the delivery and the return. Never had a delay or wait.

Ordered from Gold Mobility. ArrivedTuesday, August 13th. We were set to meet at 12:30 by Magic Express. They were patiently awaiting for us at 1:00. Went over details of scooter with us.

Person delivering scooter was extremely nice and friendly. Explained very thorough how to adjust scooter to my liking. Highly recommend having them meet you first thing. (Scooter is very comfortable and we have been able to adjust it based on my needs daily.). Highly recommend.

Just returned from DisneyWorld and I wanted to take a moment to share the incredible experience we had with Gold Mobility Scooters. Everything about the transaction was perfect (and how many times can you really say something like that?) But it was... every step of the way.

We drive to WDW as we live south of the parks and GMS was extremely accommodating in terms of our arrival and departure. They stay in touch with you via text every step of the way which definitely gave us great peace of mind. Nick, our contact person, was very personable, friendly and respectful. His patience and professionalism really helped set an upbeat tone for our entire trip.

Scooters play an incredibly important part for those of us that require this extra assistance and I am beyond happy that we selected Gold Mobility for our needs. There were just so many positives which included...

• New scooter with soft, comfortable seating
  • Impeccably clean and in excellent condition
  • Powerful, long-lasting battery with super-fast charging (see pic)
  • Rain ponchos
  • Cover for the control panel in case of rain
  • Extremely easy to drive and maneuver (we had the Pride Victory 10 3-Wheeler)
  • Responsive
  • Gentle ride
  • Secure feeling and extremely stable
  • A very bright "groundlight" that proved very helpful on the Boardwalk
  • Very good pricing
  • Many, many more extras
scooter2.jpg
---scooter3.jpg

We make several trips to Disney every year and I'm comforted by the fact that Gold Mobility is there to help us. We will never worry about scooter rental again. You know how Aladdin sings "You ain't never had a friend like me?" Well, that's Nick at Gold Mobility ;)

Highly recommend! Gold Mobility Scooters

We rented from Gold last October, and have an ECV reserved with them for this October. As others have said, it was a great experience with super communication, excellent product, and the folks couldn't have been nicer.

The only issue we had was at night, the charger gage was so bright it shone in my DHs eyes and he said it was difficult to see. Has anyone had the same problem? Does anybody have any tips to help with this?

Thanks!

We rented from Gold last October, and have an ECV reserved with them for this October. As others have said, it was a great experience with super communication, excellent product, and the folks couldn't have been nicer.

The only issue we had was at night, the charger gage was so bright it shone in my DHs eyes and he said it was difficult to see. Has anyone had the same problem? Does anybody have any tips to help with this?

Thanks!

No issues at all for me and I have impaired vision so my eyes are sensitive. You could always put a sweater in the front basket and have just the cuff drop down over the front panel.

Thanks!
Get a sticker or two from a DVC stand and just peel back enough of an edge to stick it down over the panel. With the lights blazing into your eyes - especially as the scooter is always on full charge - you can't even see where you're driving!

Get a sticker or two from a DVC stand and just peel back enough of an edge to stick it down over the panel. With the lights blazing into your eyes - especially as the scooter is always on full charge - you can't even see where you're driving!

I wouldn't recommend a sticker as that might gum up the finish on the control panel. Plus, a sticker might accidentally stick to the lights themselves. Honestly, I used the scooter during the evening and never had an issue. But if you need something, I'd look for something you could easily drape over the panel without harming it.

I find tiller lights very annoying in the dark, also. What I did was tie a bandana on the handle, then drape part of it over the lights whenever I needed to. Walmart has Mickey and Minnie bandanas for a couple of dollars.

Thanks for the tips! Think I will look for a bandana and try that. Otherwise, I like the sticker idea, but I would use a post it note. Wouldn't leave any residue that way. Thank you to everybody who took the time to respond.

I'm just back from WDW and it was another great rental experience from Gold. They mistakenly left me a 4 wheel scooter and I noticed that it was so much more difficult to steer/turn/park on bus, etc. but it took me a few hours to figure out what the issue was. By that time we were at another resort for dinner. I contacted them first thing the next morning and they apologized and had another scooter to me asap so it was really no problem. The battery stayed charged all day although i did plug in at night. I didn't ask for the umbrella but I saw others with them and it's a really neat looking shade with a pole. I don't like the ones that "incase" you but I really like the look of theirs so I might get that next time as my free accessory.

I also find that light annoying but I think other companies have the same type of lighted dial. I use something like my hoodie sleeve or a scarf to cover it at night no problems.

I wouldn't recommend a sticker as that might gum up the finish on the control panel. Plus, a sticker might accidentally stick to the lights themselves. Honestly, I used the scooter during the evening and never had an issue. But if you need something, I'd look for something you could easily drape over the panel without harming it.
I don't peel the whole backing off - just 1/2". And the Disney stickers always come off without leaving a residue. I wouldn't do it otherwise. A sticker couldn't stick to the lights - there is a plastic screen over the lights inside.

Thanks!

I go to the front desk and ask for a piece of tape. I fold a piece of the paper (from the notepad in the room) in half. Place that over the lights and then tape it in place at the top of the paper. That way I can still see the level of charge by either pressing down on the paper or flipping the piece up again. At the end of the trip (@ 7 days), I pull off the tape and no residue.

I travel with a little roll of blue "painter's tape" (re-rolled around a section of a straw) just for things like this.

Blue painter's tape won't leave residue (if removed within a week or so) and shouldn't pull the paint off of the walls, trim or doors of a hotel room, either. We have used it in the past for all kinds of things - from resealing an open plastic bag, to covering an insanely bright red LED on the front of a TV.

Additionally, on Amazon, there are stickers just for this purpose (because Amazon has *everything* for sale LOL)

I have a blob of Blu Tack stuck over my monitor 'on' light at work! The blue is so bright that it blinds me!

Just returned from DisneyWorld and I wanted to take a moment to share the incredible experience we had with Gold Mobility Scooters. Everything about the transaction was perfect (and how many times can you really say something like that?) But it was... every step of the way.

We drive to WDW as we live south of the parks and GMS was extremely accommodating in terms of our arrival and departure. They stay in touch with you via text every step of the way which definitely gave us great peace of mind. Nick, our contact person, was very personable, friendly and respectful. His patience and professionalism really helped set an upbeat tone for our entire trip.

Scooters play an incredibly important part for those of us that require this extra assistance and I am beyond happy that we selected Gold Mobility for our needs. There were just so many positives which included...

• New scooter with soft, comfortable seating
  • Impeccably clean and in excellent condition
  • Powerful, long-lasting battery with super-fast charging (see pic)
  • Rain ponchos
  • Cover for the control panel in case of rain
  • Extremely easy to drive and maneuver (we had the Pride Victory 10 3-Wheeler)
  • Responsive
  • Gentle ride
  • Secure feeling and extremely stable
  • A very bright "groundlight" that proved very helpful on the Boardwalk
  • Very good pricing
  • Many, many more extras
View attachment 427220
View attachment 427221

We make several trips to Disney every year and I'm comforted by the fact that Gold Mobility is there to help us. We will never worry about scooter rental again. You know how Aladdin sings "You ain't never had a friend like me?" Well, that's Nick at Gold Mobility ;)

Highly recommend! Gold Mobility Scooters

Thank you so much for including these pictures... we rented from them for September, and I'm glad to see these!

I would love to try them, but my flight back leaves at 7:15 a.m. (which means a 4 a.m. Magical Express) and I will need the scooter late the night before. They don't have meeting times until 8 a.m. (I emailed them). So no Gold Mobility for me.

You may be restricted to using Disney preferred vendors with catching the bus that early. That way you could leave the scooter at bell services. Not sure if any outside companies offer service that early.

Hopefully the next time you visit, you could try Gold Mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!