Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be restricted to using Disney preferred vendors with catching the bus that early. That way you could leave the scooter at bell services. Not sure if any outside companies offer service that early.

Hopefully the next time you visit, you could try Gold Mobility.
Yes, that was my thought too that it was way too early. I've always used Buena Vista in the past and have been happy and actually am considering bringing my own anyway.

I see a lot of posts about the Pride Victory models. Has anyone rented a Go Go Sport? How’s the battery life on those? We’re looking at the light models because the heaviest piece is a little over 30lbs, vs 50 on the Victory models and no one in our party is sure they could deadlift a 50lb piece in and out of the car.

Has anyone rented a Go Go Sport? How’s the battery life on those? We’re looking at the light models because the heaviest piece is a little over 30lbs, vs 50 on the Victory models and no one in our party is sure they could deadlift a 50lb piece in and out of the car.

I rented the Go Go Sport last year, and I specifically requested the same for this year. The battery life was great! The only time it decreased from full charge, had one less than all the lights on, was at the end of a long day when I was going uphill. One thing I especially liked was that when I "free-wheeled" it, I was able to push it myself without difficulty. As a solo female that was important-made it easier to get in and out of my room. I didn't ever break it down for transport, but it is one of the travel scooters I'm considering for purchase. Seems to be a great combination of battery life yet weight of individual parts.

I rented the Go Go Sport last year, and I specifically requested the same for this year. The battery life was great! The only time it decreased from full charge, had one less than all the lights on, was at the end of a long day when I was going uphill. One thing I especially liked was that when I "free-wheeled" it, I was able to push it myself without difficulty. As a solo female that was important-made it easier to get in and out of my room. I didn't ever break it down for transport, but it is one of the travel scooters I'm considering for purchase. Seems to be a great combination of battery life yet weight of individual parts.

Funnily enough, I've recently tracked down two Go Go travellers, both second hand, both comfortable enough to sit in all day, both 3-wheelers (which I prefer) and both with batteries small enough to be allowed on the plane but powerful enough to last most of the day. So ... I am seriously considering buying one - especially as the price seems 'right' for me (ie £350). Better than paying over £900 for a new one, anyway ...

I rented from Gold Mobility last December and have already booked a Victory 10 (3 wheel) scooter for this coming December. In my opinion they are absolutely the best company to rent from. Their customer service is outstanding and their equipment is top notch because they replace all their rentals after a six month period. All of their scooters are upgraded with many additional features that you can read about on their website and associated Facebook page.

I rented from them last week form my trip and they were great. But Im now here for an extended time due to the work thing I had being canceled. In was supposed to have it picked up today but they let me extend the reservation I have for Sunday and just add 5 days to it for around $53. Great customer service and the victory 10 3 wheel has been great for a first time ECV user.

I live near Disneyland and recently bought a Go Go Sport. I am able (with some difficulty) to break it apart and lift it in pieces in and out of the trunk by myself. Last Saturday I went to Disneyland and DCA, to the Disneyland Hotel and back and went all over most of both parks and not even one light had disappeared by the end of the day. The only time (like a previous poster) it went down one light was going up the hill from Incredicoaster to Lamplight area after a very long and busy day. I love it! I am considering bringing it on my next trip to WDW rather than renting.

I live near Disneyland and recently bought a Go Go Sport. I am able (with some difficulty) to break it apart and lift it in pieces in and out of the trunk by myself. Last Saturday I went to Disneyland and DCA, to the Disneyland Hotel and back and went all over most of both parks and not even one light had disappeared by the end of the day. The only time (like a previous poster) it went down one light was going up the hill from Incredicoaster to Lamplight area after a very long and busy day. I love it! I am considering bringing it on my next trip to WDW rather than renting.
You said that you have some difficulty breaking it apart and transporting it into/out of the trunk. Is that simply because of weight? Or is there another issue with it? I'm in the research phase of buying a transportable mobility scooter. Unfortunately, no where within about 350 miles has them to see. They just order them. So I'm asking a lot of questions to owners.

Anyone here have any luck with a last minute rental? DH wants to see how his knee is before deciding on a scooter (he has a complete tear of his ACL, waiting for surgery).

We are going in Feb

Thanks!

You said that you have some difficulty breaking it apart and transporting it into/out of the trunk. Is that simply because of weight? Or is there another issue with it? I'm in the research phase of buying a transportable mobility scooter. Unfortunately, no where within about 350 miles has them to see. They just order them. So I'm asking a lot of questions to owners.

Yes just because of the weight. This scooter (as opposed to the old Gogo I had) is very easy to put together and take apart. But the battery is for longer distance and it's considerably heavier than my old one. Basically you snap off the basket, lift off the seat, remove the battery and there is one lever you pull which separates the back wheel housing (where the motor is) with the front of the scooter (including where your feet go). So altogether it breaks down into 5 pieces. The back wheels part and the battery are the two heaviest; the front of the scooter (you put the tiller down and lock it) can be a little bit unwieldy by I manage.

Anyone here have any luck with a last minute rental? DH wants to see how his knee is before deciding on a scooter (he has a complete tear of his ACL, waiting for surgery).

We are going in Feb

Thanks!
While it is always best to reserve in advance I expect for that time of year you will have no issue finding a scooter from one of the companies--even the preferred providers. They have tons.

Considering renting an ECV for trip 12/18-25. How far in advance would I need to contact Gold Mobility to avoid them being "sold out" for my time period or would that not be an issue?? Also am very worried about using an ECV with heavy holiday crowds in parks, has anyone had this experience? I would plan to get to parks before rope drop and leave after a few hours before parks become crazy crowded. Do have mvmcp booked for 12/19 but thinking of staying around flag pole area and just doing parade n fireworks to avoid heavy crowds.

Considering renting an ECV for trip 12/18-25. How far in advance would I need to contact Gold Mobility to avoid them being "sold out" for my time period or would that not be an issue?? Also am very worried about using an ECV with heavy holiday crowds in parks, has anyone had this experience? I would plan to get to parks before rope drop and leave after a few hours before parks become crazy crowded. Do have mvmcp booked for 12/19 but thinking of staying around flag pole area and just doing parade n fireworks to avoid heavy crowds.

I'd call Gold and ask them if you rent it now - what is their cancellation policy currently? Then you could get that piece in place for your trip.

As for heavy crowds - I often go during spring break right around Easter when the crowds are very thick...similar to the Christmas crowds. I personally don't find it a problem to get around with the scooter. I tend to park it more if I can and walk into shops or on short ques if I have a fast pass, etc. Some people are much more bothered and exhausted by driving a scooter in crowds though so I think that just might be more a personal thing. I do however have to focus completely on driving the scooter and not anything else - so while others may be wandering around looking at decorations and taking pictures and soaking it in - I'm like staring at legs and feet making sure I don't bump anyone. I try to find out of the way places to stop and park and relax for awhile on Main Street, etc. so I can enjoy the atmosphere that way.

We are going in Feb

Thanks!
I would call and reserve one, you can cancel with Gold Mobility without penalty and if you call you don't have to pay until they deliver.

We are going in Feb

Thanks!

I rented last minute once - sort of. We were staying at the Marriott World Center for several nights before going over to a Disney hotel and I had my rental set up to be there once we moved. However I had very bad knee issues and needed the scooter earlier - and the vendor (Gold Mobility didn't exist then) was able to get a scooter to me the same day right around the 4th of July. My guess is most companies have a good amount of availability. Call Gold and ask them about their cancellation policy if you reserve it now - can't hurt - but February is not peak season so my guess is you should be good.

We just came back from our DW trip yesterday. This was our third experience using Gold Mobility Scooters. The first two trips we rented the Victory 10 scooter in four wheel. This trip we tried the new Maxima 3 wheel rental. All three times we received a spotless brand new scooter. The battery lasted the entire day even the day starting at 7AM and finishing at the halloween party at 11PM. They were on time or early for the pick up and drop off all three times including this one. Our plans changed several times this trip they adjusted to us with no issues. The service was excellent as usual. The price was half of what two the featured vendors quoted me with the accessories and insurance. I wouldn't use any other company for mobility scooter rental for DW. I highly recommend them.

I just changed my return flight so I think it is feasible to try them now (my flight left at 7:10 am and they don't do pick ups that early). Excited to try them.

It's 9:10 pm on the East coast, but it is up and running. If you would prefer to call their number is 407-414-0287

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter