Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they dropped off my scooter today, I mentioned that I set it up and paid for it the day they announced galaxy edge because I was worried about them selling out and the guy said they are indeed sold out but he thinks it is more rescheduling after the hurricane.

When they dropped off my scooter today, I mentioned that I set it up and paid for it the day they announced galaxy edge because I was worried about them selling out and the guy said they are indeed sold out but he thinks it is more rescheduling after the hurricane.
That hurricane caused a lot of cancellations and rescheduling. I always book at least 30 days out, when my package is paid in full.

That hurricane caused a lot of cancellations and rescheduling. I always book at least 30 days out, when my package is paid in full.
[/QUOTE
The driver that pick up my scooter mentioned that to. He also said the company ordered a hundred new scooters coming in over the next 7 days to accommodate more last minute reservations. I booked my reservation a month in advance myself all three times. It took one time seeing all of the beat to death tattered scooters people are renting from other companies to be a wake up call. I'll be sure to always plan ahead to make sure I get a GMS scooter. I booked my holiday trip all-ready.

Just wish their front baskets were a smidge larger.
I'll tell you what I did. I shop a lot off tv and found a California innovation s tote bag, insulated. You could change the straps and wear as a back pack. We hooked it over the arm of the chair (the arm rest being the "back".) We put our belongings in there and used the basket just for our refillable mugs, sunglasses.

Was super convenient and easily accessible. Only thing, we did have to remove when boarding Disney busez, as it was in the way of the aisle.

Wouldn't the rear wire 'box' make it too long to fit on the Disney buses, though?

I always bring a backpack and all our ponchos, snacks etc go in there. I just put current drinks and my folding cane in the front basket, along with my park bag.

We just came back from our DW trip yesterday. This was our third experience using Gold Mobility Scooters. The first two trips we rented the Victory 10 scooter in four wheel. This trip we tried the new Maxima 3 wheel rental.
What did you think of the Maxima 3 wheel? I'm trying to decide between the Victory 10 3 wheel and the Maxima 3 wheel. I'm looking for the best maneuverability and comfort.

What did you think of the Maxima 3 wheel? I'm trying to decide between the Victory 10 3 wheel and the Maxima 3 wheel. I'm looking for the best maneuverability and comfort.
I'm about 390-400 lbs and for me the Maxima 3 wheel seemed more stable and was a smoother ride. If I were 300 lbs or less I would have considered the Victory 10 3 wheel again. I've used both and the turning radius was great on both. All three trips the scooters I rented from Gold Mobility where all just like brand new so i think it comes down to weight.

Deciding between Maxima,3 wheel and Victory 3, should be based on user's weight. The victory 3, I rented and weigh 150 lbs. If you pick the right one for your weight\size, you will definitely enjoy the comfort factor!!

Thank you @ChloeHoward and @Bjkandma , I just spoke with Gold Mobility and reserved the Maxima. I'm 340 so that seems like the right option. 👍

The Gold customer service representative was super nice and a joy to work with! I let him know that they are getting glowing reviews on Disboards. 😁

Wouldn't the rear wire 'box' make it too long to fit on the Disney buses, though?

I always bring a backpack and all our ponchos, snacks etc go in there. I just put current drinks and my folding cane in the front basket, along with my park bag.

The wire box is an issue half the time- the front slot for ecv on the bus is too short for the wire, the back spot is fine.

The wire box is an issue half the time- the front slot for ecv on the bus is too short for the wire, the back spot is fine.
Also, if you chose the canopy\sun shade, you cannot use a rear basket. Both items attach to the same bracket.

I might rent form Golden mobility.

Is their insurance you can add to the rental? I'm worried if it gets stolen or damaged I'd be liable?

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere on this particular thread but I guess Disney requested that Gold Mobility not send out those 40-page booklets on how the scooters work. This is per the email I received from Gold Mobility when I inquired when I would be receiving mine.

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere on this particular thread but I guess Disney requested that Gold Mobility not send out those 40-page booklets on how the scooters work. This is per the email I received from Gold Mobility when I inquired when I would be receiving mine.

Why on earth not? What else was in the booklet besides operating instructions for the scooter? Enquiring Minds Want To Know! 🙃

I haven't taken the time to read the entire thread. My bad if this was already mentioned.

Gold Mobility, and other vendors, can deliver/pickup using the valet at Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal. Gold Mobility, and other vendors, can pickup and deliver to bell services at the Swan and Dolphin.

Loosen one nut and the rear basket comes off. It has a handle. Not an issue if the ECV driver has a companion. The basked sometimes has to be removed to ride a bus or boat. Seems to be more of an issue if there are more then 1 ECV loaded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!