Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I found this thread! I'm going to try out Gold Mobility for our trip coming up next month. I've been putting off reserving a scooter, hoping my knee pain would diminish, but it looks like I'll need one if I want to keep up with my runner husband.

So glad I found this thread! I'm going to try out Gold Mobility for our trip coming up next month. I've been putting off reserving a scooter, hoping my knee pain would diminish, but it looks like I'll need one if I want to keep up with my runner husband.
I was hoping that I'd be able to tough it out on my next WDW trip without having to rely on an ECV too.
But two days ago I had set my cane aside and was loading the Jeep after a trip through Wal Mart when my knee buckled.
Fortunately I had the cart to grab so I didn't go all the way down to the asphalt but that was my reminder that nothing will ever be the same after my illness last year. :mad:

I was hoping that I'd be able to tough it out on my next WDW trip without having to rely on an ECV too.
But two days ago I had set my cane aside and was loading the Jeep after a trip through Wal Mart when my knee buckled.
Fortunately I had the cart to grab so I didn't go all the way down to the asphalt but that was my reminder that nothing will ever be the same after my illness last year. :mad:

The ground gets further away, and harder every year... I'm so sorry your knee gave out, but I'm really glad you didn't hit the asphalt!

I got my packet in the mail from Gold Mobility. They included maps from Universal and the 4 Disney Parks for disabled guests, plus a guide book of their own making that explained how to break down the ECVs for transport, plus their own take on the transferrability for all of the parks in the area (including Legoland). So far I'm impressed. I'll be getting my ECV from them on Sunday.

How long after your reservation did you receive this packet? I made my reservation three weeks ago and haven’t received anything beyond my email confirmation

I am checking out their Facebook page and have to say that I'm highly impressed with them. They include 4 ponchos with each ECV and it has an anti-theft tracking device in it. Kinda awesome to know.

I'm wondering if they offer the fan only at certain times of the year. Because when I called they didn't offer it. I might call and ask them about it.

Last edited:

I am checking out their Facebook page and have to say that I'm highly impressed with them. They include 4 ponchos with each ECV and it has an anti-theft tracking device in it. Kinda awesome to know.

I'm wondering if they offer the fan only at certain times of the year. Because when I called they didn't offer it. I might call and ask them about it.
Somewhere on their web site it says that they have installed the fans on all of their Liberty 10 scooters. :-)

How long after your reservation did you receive this packet? I made my reservation three weeks ago and haven’t received anything beyond my email confirmation

It's been exactly a month since I reserved and I never received any packet either. But they didn't say anything about sending me one.

It's been exactly a month since I reserved and I never received any packet either. But they didn't say anything about sending me one.
I believe you have to request the information.
They don't just send it automatically.
Mine arrived in three business days.

Somewhere on their web site it says that they have installed the fans on all of their Liberty 10 scooters. :-)
I had rented the other type. Called them and changed it to the Liberty 10. Basically they had them on all of them, but since the go-go is meant to be taken apart, they were having a lot of issues with them getting broken. No worries. It's only an additional $30 for the rental.

I had rented the other type. Called them and changed it to the Liberty 10. Basically they had them on all of them, but since the go-go is meant to be taken apart, they were having a lot of issues with them getting broken. No worries. It's only an additional $30 for the rental.
When I researched the two scooters that Gold has I found that people were not always happy with the smaller Go-Go.
It seems that the battery is smaller and it's not as robust as the Victory 10.

It arrived the week before I left for my vacation, which was a few months after making my reservation.

If anyone needs the packet, please call them and ask for it. I reached out to them on their Facebook page and they will send it to anyone that wants it, but you have to request it.

He also explained that their employees all have annual passes to all the parks and are able to enter any of the parks should a problem occur with the ECV's. He was really very friendly and pleasant to talk to.

We just finished a wonderful 14 Day Disney World trip! I’ll try to be as detailed as possible with our experience. First I would like to sincerely thank everyone for all the feed back here helping us decide to select Gold Mobility Scooters for my parents scooter rentals. After renting 2 mobility scooters for 14 days from GMS in my opinion Gold Mobility is the go to company for mobility scooters. They were on time, polite, and professional. I have zero holdback when saying I would personally recommend them for anyone needing the assistance of a mobility scooter rental supplier for a WDW trip. They went above and beyond what our expectations were.

We received a text message the night before from our delivery driver Nick verifying our delivery date and time. We text him back when we were 30 minute away to update him. We arrived on August 1st at FW, as we pulled up to the reception outpost Nick was standing waiting with our two rental scooters ready to go as promised. Nick spent about 5 minutes processing the paperwork and explaining the features of the scooters to my parents. He spent another 10 minutes answering questions, and patiently teaching my mom how to use it. We rented 2 Pride Victory 10 scooters, both being three wheel. We got one with a rear basket and one with a sun canopy top as free accessories. Both scooters were in perfect condition, no damage, no scratches, and just as they described them options wise. After one day my Mom decided that she also wanted the sun canopy too rather than the basket. We called Nick directly and he stopped back by FW at no charge, and exchanged the sun canopy for the basket. The canopy GMS uses you can see behind you ( its open in back ), and its easy to back up and park. You don’t have to worry about blocking anyones vision at the shows either. We had seen several other types of sun shades on other scooters in the park, but none of them were like the GMS one. The other sunshades we saw looked fairly useless as far as providing any real shade.

Another nice feature on the scooters that both my parents liked was the fan, it was far from the portable baby stroller clip on fan that we were expecting. It really worked well, it made the heat way more tolerable. It plugged into the USB port on the scooter to charge, and they used the fan day and night. It was permanently attached to the scooter not a clip on, which solve my concerns of the fan being stolen. They also used the USB port to keep their phone charged all day. My mom used the phone holder for quick access to take pictures and video, not really to use the phone itself. My Dad is a gadget man, so he got a kick out of all the cool extras.

We were asked ten times a day where we rented our scooters from. Most of the other rental scooters we saw during the day were in rough looking condition. None of them had any of the extra things we had on ours. At night with the lights on, they received endless “wow thats cool” and “look at that” remarks when the lights lit up the ground around the scooter. The lights really help light the driving path as well.

Our overall Disney World vacation experience was great, and my parents were very happy with the service Gold mobility provided and with the scooters. We were unsure how my mom was going to do without any experience on a scooter, but she was a scooter pro by day 2. We spent most of the days running after the both of them just trying to keep up. We did get ample use of the rain poncho’s they gave us. The battery never came off of the full charge mark during any of the days at the parks. We had some 12 hour days too! By the tenth day my Mom and Dad decided to purchase one of the scooters. We called the GMS office and let them know they were leaving in 4 days and wanted to purchase one. They deducted the rental fee from the purchase price, and charged the difference. The Magical Express took the scooter to the airport no extra fee! Southwest Airlines didn’t charge them to ship the scooter home either. Southwest was great! They made it home with no damage of any kind, not even a scratch. It all worked out perfectly. The scooter they purchased was the one my mom used all week. They told me it was less than 6 months old, but it still looked, and worked just like new. When you factor the free shipping home they saved about 50% over purchasing a new one from a local medical supply store. We are going to try and submit the receipts to medicare but even if Medicare doesn’t chip in, its still a great deal.

Thanks again to everyone here who to pointed us to their direction!

Thanks for the review! This reinforces for me that I made the correct choice to rent from them next month. I'm glad to hear about them having you text them when you were 30 minutes out. They told me they'd meet me at check-in 1 1/2 hours after my plane is scheduled to land. I was somewhat concerned that if my plane and/or DME is delayed that they'd be waiting.

Thanks for the review! This reinforces for me that I made the correct choice to rent from them next month. I'm glad to hear about them having you text them when you were 30 minutes out. They told me they'd meet me at check-in 1 1/2 hours after my plane is scheduled to land. I was somewhat concerned that if my plane and/or DME is delayed that they'd be waiting.
We received a text message from Nick the night before. He introduced himself as our delivery person, and he verified our arrival details. He said if we had any arrival difficulty or delays just to text him, or call him directly so he could be waiting for us when we arrived. He said he has flexibility if issues with our arrival schedule had came up. He was the same person who was assigned to us 24 hours a day if we had any questions, or needed any help. Really excellent customer service, and he was so nice. Scooter renters who were renting with other companies were stopping us all that time asking about our scooters and about Gold Mobility.

Wow, this is great that there is such a highly rated new company! I appreciate all the info!

I had previously used Care Medical, the 5th WDW approved company, but it went out of business a couple of years ago when the owners retired. They had provided excellent service. I had problems with both BV (customer service problems) and Walker (scooter hand control problems), so this will be great to try.

I did reserve for my end of October trip. They said they would deliver 1 1/2 hours after scheduled flight arrival, but also asked me to text when my ME bus departed.

Question: I have always rented the smaller 3 wheel pride type ECV with the smaller, lower seat. For those who have rented the Victory 10 - 3 wheel with the captain's seat through GMS, is this seat and ECV really large? It sounds like a much nicer ECV with all the bells and whistles!

Last edited:
Did you use the bus transportation to the parks? I am wondering how the sun canopy goes on the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter