Golf at Disney

skondo10

Mouseketeer
Hello!
We are going to disney just before Christmas and we are looking to go golfing. We golfed the Lake Buena Vista course in August and really enjoyed ourselves! However this course will only be open on the weekends during dec. so we are now debating between the Magnolia course or the Palm course. If anyone has any advice on which course they perfer, we would love to hear your opinions! Thanks very much!

Magnolia doesn't seem to have as much water as Palm, if I remember right. And Magnolia is the course the pros play the last two days of the PGA tournament every year. And I say if its good enough for Tiger, its good enough for me!

Palm is harder of two but both are excellent to play. Magnolia has very wide fairways but it is the longest course (most par 4's over 400 yards from regular men's tees and a couple get up to 450). Palm has rather narrow fairways and far more water hazards. Personal preference of the two is the Palm (more of an old course feel).

Also consider: Osprey Ridge: by far the best course at WDW with the most memorable holes; although it is also difficult. Eagle Pines: shortest course there, beautiful track, fairways rather easy to hit but target golf to greens (many holes with lots of trouble around greens including water and many traps)

I agree with drusba in that Osprey Ridge is the best course at WDW. DH and I are avid golfers and have played all of the courses there. Osprey was by far our favorite.

But between Magnolia and Palm, I'd have to say that Magnolia was the better of the two.

Originally posted by MLAinVA
And Magnolia is the course the pros play the last two days of the PGA tournament every year. And I say if its good enough for Tiger, its good enough for me!

smilie_golf.gif
sport-smiley-024.gif
.................::yes::

Hopefully some of you can help me. My Dad, as well as DS10, love golfing & I want to buy souviners for my dad from Magnolia. Do I need to go to the actual golf course, or will I find souviners at MK or DTD?

Thank you!

All the souveniers DH has gotten from specific golf courses (including Magnolia) he's only seen and bought at the golf courses themselves. Also, I looked at DTD and MK last year when I was on a solo trip, didn't see anything from specific courses.

:rolleyes: Well, I will try & make a trip out to Magnolia then. Thank you so much for the info. I just thought since I am down there, I would get him something from the golf course where the PGA tournament is held. ;)

Nick@ VB+OKW
Your reply is too cute! AND you're from Ohio, me too, a long time ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter